PDA

View Full Version : HPI-Free video coming

TimesTheyRAChangin
07-16-2009, 01:14 PM
Free Live Video & Replays For ALL Tracks, click here for details
From July 16 – August 4, 2009, you can enjoy a free trial period of live video steaming and race replays for ALL tracks offered through HPI. Effective August 5, 2009, video streaming and race replays will continue to be available for free if you have met any of the following criteria:

Wagered a minimum of $50 during the last 5 calendar days or,

Wagered a minimum of $100 during the previous 30 calendar days or,

Wagered a minimum of $600 during the previous 90 calendar days or,

Wagered a minimum of $5,000 during the previous 365 calendar days.

Once the above requirements are met your HPI account will then be automatically updated the next day and all tracks will be available for viewing. All HPI wagers (on-track, phone, internet, and teletheatres) qualify towards these requirements.

If you do not meet the above requirements, video streaming and race replays can be purchased for $5 per day or $20 for 30 days (gst included). Payment can be made online using the funds in your HPI account. Just click on "live video" or "replays" to make the payment. Video streaming and replays will become available immediately after payment has been made. Woodbine Thoroughbred, Woodbine Standardbred and Mohawk video streams and replays will continue to be offered free of charge to all HPI members.

For more information please contact the HPI Call Centre at 1-888/416-675-8886.

http://www.horseplayerinteractive.com/Images/Pub/spacer.gif

Cangamble
07-16-2009, 03:32 PM
Free Live Video & Replays For ALL Tracks, click here for details
From July 16 – August 4, 2009, you can enjoy a free trial period of live video steaming and race replays for ALL tracks offered through HPI. Effective August 5, 2009, video streaming and race replays will continue to be available for free if you have met any of the following criteria:

Wagered a minimum of $50 during the last 5 calendar days or,

Wagered a minimum of $100 during the previous 30 calendar days or,

Wagered a minimum of $600 during the previous 90 calendar days or,

Wagered a minimum of $5,000 during the previous 365 calendar days.

Once the above requirements are met your HPI account will then be automatically updated the next day and all tracks will be available for viewing. All HPI wagers (on-track, phone, internet, and teletheatres) qualify towards these requirements.

If you do not meet the above requirements, video streaming and race replays can be purchased for $5 per day or $20 for 30 days (gst included). Payment can be made online using the funds in your HPI account. Just click on "live video" or "replays" to make the payment. Video streaming and replays will become available immediately after payment has been made. Woodbine Thoroughbred, Woodbine Standardbred and Mohawk video streams and replays will continue to be offered free of charge to all HPI members.

For more information please contact the HPI Call Centre at 1-888/416-675-8886.

http://www.horseplayerinteractive.com/Images/Pub/spacer.gif
They already had free video and free replay. They are now taking it away from those who don't bet enough. Or the many who have an HPI account but bet where they are respected as a customer.

BobbyMcMuffin
07-16-2009, 04:00 PM
Twinspires has pretty much the same requirements..although i dont believe theres a option to pay for race replays...you either wager enough to have them or you can not access them.

anglemaster
07-16-2009, 07:55 PM
CANGAMBLE the difference now is that previous to today, you could only watch video of tracks that were not on digital cable for the day.(except of course for WO and Mohawk). IE . If Belmont was on the HPI lineup you could not watch the video, now you can.
I think it is another great move by WEG

nativenova
07-16-2009, 09:07 PM
You mean I can now watch Mountaineer live as opposed to waiting to see it on tape delay after the next race has already run......

Cangamble
07-16-2009, 09:16 PM
CANGAMBLE the difference now is that previous to today, you could only watch video of tracks that were not on digital cable for the day.(except of course for WO and Mohawk). IE . If Belmont was on the HPI lineup you could not watch the video, now you can.
I see that now. Earlier in the day when I made that comment that wasn't the case. Maybe they were slow with the Niagara region.

I'll make sure I barely meet their limits. You can only play their 20 cent supers and win 4's through them anyway.

They'll continue to get less than one tenth of my total handle.

InsideThePylons-MW
07-16-2009, 09:21 PM
Where can I sign up?

DeanT
07-16-2009, 10:29 PM
An ADW is letting horseplayers watch the races they bet on if they play enough money? What a good deal.

rwwupl
07-17-2009, 09:42 AM
An ADW is letting horseplayers watch the races they bet on if they play enough money? What a good deal.

Good One. Ha Ha Ha.

banacek
07-17-2009, 10:31 AM
Well, it is about time. No more using cbssports (keeping under 30 minutes a day), calracing, and whatever tracks HPI seemed to randomly decide to let me see. Last time I wrote them I said I am not going to bet on any tracks (at least not with them) that don't have video...haven't been able to see a NY, KY, CA race on HPI ever.

11cashcall
07-17-2009, 10:48 AM
Finally! Now i can cancel my HPITV. :)

titans1127
07-17-2009, 12:07 PM
As an American resident, this does me no good, though getting video for any track I want is not an issue thankfully. Would be nice to have one more source as the more the better.

lamboguy
07-17-2009, 12:13 PM
with me you can watch your vidieo and replays, get your racing forms free, and get a rebate to go along with the other things.

TimesTheyRAChangin
07-17-2009, 05:27 PM

anglemaster,
I'm glad you explained this,as I was ready to tell CG he was nuts!
Though over 95% of my usual play is harness,whenever I bet HANA pool parties I could not get video to watch.Since those were the only tbred races I wager on,I just shrugged it off as no big deal.
BUT!!I am considering learning that part of the game,and video certainly would be a necessity.
Thanks again,
TTRAC

DeanT
07-17-2009, 05:56 PM
anglemaster,
Though over 95% of my usual play is harness,whenever I bet HANA pool parties I could not get video to watch.Since those were the only tbred races I wager on,I just shrugged it off as no big deal.

Thanks for playing! Friday's the Mountain signal is rarely on til later on HPI, so video certainly will help tonight for race 2!

Thanks again for playing.

chickenhead
07-17-2009, 11:11 PM

I don't understand the video problems with these tracks at all. There are multiple services, Justin.TV and Ustream being the biggest -- that will stream video for free. All the tracks should have their live feeds on Ustream.

Here is some car racing going on right now:

http://www.ustream.tv/channel/tdngtrp

It's free for the transmitter. It's free for the receivers. People can watch and chat. What could be simpler.

the4horse
07-17-2009, 11:37 PM
You mean I can watch a horse race on the computer? What is this, 1990?

Cangamble
07-18-2009, 06:49 AM
Don't complain, most of the rest of the industry is stuck in 1956.

Bruddah
07-18-2009, 07:11 AM

Worse than that. Todays track management has yet to learn that the War in Europe is over and that we won and the Germans lost. However to their credit, they saw the big flash in the sky and assumed Japan surrendered. :rolleyes:

beertapper
07-18-2009, 08:33 PM
You mean I can now watch Mountaineer live as opposed to waiting to see it on tape delay after the next race has already run......

yeah it was great watcing MNR 10 minutes late after mohawk and grand river downs and georgian downs..

TimesTheyRAChangin
07-19-2009, 12:39 PM
yeah it was great watcing MNR 10 minutes late after mohawk and grand river downs and georgian downs..

Don't understand how HPI is set up on your computer,but most have a direct video link from each track that you bet on,and can be accessed whenever you want.No need at all to watch any venue that doesn't interest you.You can click back and forth,all night,b/t the 4 tracks you mentioned.

ddog
07-27-2009, 11:52 AM
I don't understand the video problems with these tracks at all. There are multiple services, Justin.TV and Ustream being the biggest -- that will stream video for free. All the tracks should have their live feeds on Ustream.

Here is some car racing going on right now:

http://www.ustream.tv/channel/tdngtrp

It's free for the transmitter. It's free for the receivers. People can watch and chat. What could be simpler.

Sometimes , YOU JUST don't get it! ;)

banacek
09-11-2009, 01:24 PM
Well, I went on HPI today and a note came up saying that 'the New York State Racing Board has stopped HPI from streaming the live video of Belmont." I so much enjoyed watching Saratoga. These guys just don't get it. I refuse to bet on a track that they won't let me watch the races live.