PDA

View Full Version : Belmont 1st

cees with dees
07-16-2009, 12:49 PM
Madam Commander takes a huge drop in class after repeatedly facing better.
Should be legged up off last on yielding turf and should be gobbling them up when they turn for home.
Betting her to WP and a pick 3 5/all/2,3,6
Also, Ramon Hernandez is as streaky as they come and has been in a slump for quite awhile.
Picked up a winner the other day and he usually strings a couple together.
Good luck.
Ben

SansuiSC
07-16-2009, 12:57 PM
Best of luck

Quote tlg via twitter
" For what it's worth, in today's 1st, take a look at Madam Commander's other dirt efforts after a turf race. Scratch hurts her today"

Dunno what to take from that myself. I like the drop too.

cees with dees
07-16-2009, 01:56 PM
Talk about overbet entries, this Godolphin entry at 1/5 is ridiculous.
The 1 has never won on a firm turf and the 1A is a real trip monger who has earned high speed figures from good trips and fast par times.
Pick Six is a really nice horse and positioned inside of Tam Lin makes him murderous in this spot.
\I think My Violin will win the 4th so am playing DD's 2,3,6/7 and pick 3's 2,3,6/7/1,5,7,8 and also making a good wps on Pick Six hoping the entry is off the board. Also, an exacta box 3/2,6 and an exacta wheel, 3/all.
Could be a very costly event for me but I want to have my money down when I think I have the best with a vulnerable favorite as an added incentive.
Ben

theguarantee
07-16-2009, 11:51 PM
Had the same exact opinion on Tam Lin, except I was even worse off as I was pressing with the 2 across the board, though had 2,3 on top of my tri's.

Almost made it back but Bennington got caught late on me, would've had that double. Rough day overall for me.

Enjoy reading your posts when I catch them...been lurking here for a bit now, was surprised to see you suffered the same fate as me. Good luck next pick.

theguarantee
07-16-2009, 11:54 PM
Forgot, I meant to mention - I hate to hear people overplaying the whole "well I had the right horse, best value" card...but I still don't think Tam Lin looked like any type of super horse that should have been going off 1/5 in a field with some decent horses. Certainly was the best today though.