PDA

View Full Version : Could You Imagine...

sq764
05-11-2003, 01:36 PM
..Funny Cide coming back to Belmont as a NY-bred poised to complete the Triple Crown?

Can you say 'hometown favorite'??

Tom
05-11-2003, 05:05 PM
Can you say v-o-m-i-t?

sq764
05-11-2003, 08:39 PM
This coming from a New Yorker? I don't get it..

Kentucky Bred
05-11-2003, 08:55 PM
If Funny Cide wins the Preakness and Empire Maker does not run in the Preakness and both horses run in the Belmont, then I think that EM becomes the favorite to win the Belmont and will be very tough indeed.

Kentucky Bred

PaceAdvantage
05-11-2003, 09:32 PM
Funny Cide is bred to run all day, and has better speed than EM....good positional speed wins the Belmont more often than not...

sq764
05-11-2003, 09:39 PM
And by the Belmont, Santos will just have a car battery strapped to Funny's ass, so it will be no problem :-)

Tom
05-11-2003, 10:18 PM
Originally posted by sq764
This coming from a New Yorker? I don't get it..
Yow! A New Yorker? No Way Jose-I live in western NY, NOT NYC. We don't think of ourselves as New Yorkers. I have spent my whole racing life at Finger Lakes, watching the fallout from the NY breeders program. Horses that run a mile race where the pace time is run in 1:16! and they are 30 lengths behind!
The crap that the NY breeders have litered the thoroughbred
with is a disgrace. So they got 1 horse to finally win a Derby.....how many never won a $2,000 Maiden claimer?
They go to town, cash the welfare check, breed the mare, and go home. Two years later, their pigs are born and shipped here because no one in NY want to bet on them.
Even in NY, the In-breds are inferior. They run for big purses and are not worth it.
You can root for FunnyBone all you want, I will be rooting against him every step of the day.
PA said FB is bred to run all day...most NY breds are - it is a long way from Belmont to FL...most relish the distance :eek:

azibuck
05-12-2003, 09:57 AM
I think what you say is nonsense, or I just don't get your point.

They don't go to FL because "nobody in NY wants to bet on them," they go there because they're too slow. I get what you're saying about the talent level, but why root against FC simply BECAUSE he's a NY-bred? What's the point there?

From what I've read, the NY breeding program is generations behind that of KY. Give it time, though you'll be dead before it evens out.

And if you're that unhappy, then bet the 5-horse fields at Belmont and Calder the next time you're at FL. (See you there!!) Or take the road trip to Saratoga, where you can get trampled by the crowd or looked down upon by the bluebloods.

Which is another reason to root for FC's owners. I don't think Sackatoga is a silver spoon operation.

Tom
05-12-2003, 10:35 PM
That was my point - the typical NY Bred is basically a crap race horse and FL gets them all, which means FL gets crap racing.
They have always written races with conditions so that good, open horses have no races for them to run in. Until recently, but now it is too late becase other "slot-tracks" pay so much more money in purses. The NY Breeding program, IMHO is a waste of money - it subsidized inferior horses and inferior breeders.
My rooting against FC is based on my opinion that anything that is good fro NY Breeding is bad for racing. So if you think that is nonsense, it's a free world. I see no valid reason to cheer for FC just because he comes form NY. I don't support welfare, be it crack heads or state breds.
And the NY breeding program is welfare.

JustRalph
05-13-2003, 01:52 AM
Originally posted by Netcapperazibuck
Which is another reason to root for FC's owners. I don't think Sackatoga is a silver spoon operation.

I will root for him just because Frankel is an Ass and I hope he beats the Frankel Horses. Frankel is holding Empire Maker out so he can come into the Belmont Fresh just in case FC has a shot at the triple crown. He will be able to exact some revenge, in his own mind. What the hell is up with Frankel anyway? If I was as successful as him I would be the happiest mother on the planet. What the hell does he have to bitch about? So what, he doesn't have a Derby Trophy.......oh yeah......he doesn't have a Derby Trophy.......I hope he never gets one.