PDA

View Full Version : Breeders Cup in California just got even better for Owners!

andymays
07-15-2009, 01:27 PM
http://www.paulickreport.com/blog/california-to-out-of-state-owners-iou/

Excerpt:

So what did those owners get from the California treasury after they filed a state income tax return? An IOU, or a “registered warrant” as the state calls it, that may be worth something “on or AFTER” Oct. 2, 2009.”

As we like to say in the hospitable South, “Y’all come back now, hear?”

The Breeders’ Cup does indeed return to Southern California this Nov. 6-7. And some owners are wondering why.

bishlap
07-15-2009, 01:52 PM
more good news from california's racing industry. biggest group of a-holes since the, errrr, the horseman! Racing has been reduced to Rachel A and her drug cheat trainer and megalomanical owner.

andymays
07-15-2009, 03:11 PM
It makes the people that run the Breeders Cup look like a bunch of geniuses for having the Breeders Cup at Santa Anita again.

We've got to please those Euro grass horses with the Pro Ride though right?

Can you imagine they withheld 7% of the purse money from the winners, forced them to file a California tax return, then give them IOU's instead of the 7% withholding back.

You can't make this stuff up!

joanied
07-16-2009, 02:50 PM
It makes the people that run the Breeders Cup look like a bunch of geniuses for having the Breeders Cup at Santa Anita again.

Can you imagine they withheld 7% of the purse money from the winners, forced them to file a California tax return, then give them IOU's instead of the 7% withholding back.

You can't make this stuff up!

:ThmbUp: :ThmbUp: :ThmbUp: ....is it possible that things will get so bad in CA., that the BC guys will actually move it to Churchill for this year? prob'ly not.

And I shouldn't forget...we do have to keep the Euro's happy...after all, they just send soooooo many horses here during the year to run:rolleyes:

Indulto
07-16-2009, 04:05 PM

You can't make this stuff up!AM,
How's the marketing of Pro-Ride doing in England and France?

Do you think the Euros will enjoy the same success over the synthetic surface following 12 months of MEC track maintenance or will pursetrings have to open for more Pearse magic?

Do you happen to know if any of last years plastic winners are expected to return this year? Were any Euros competing on plastuc last year unable to race this year?

Buy American, race American! We can't have outsiders ship in and steal purses from second-rate, stamina-challenged, stallion progeny, can we? I mean what kind of person goes to Charlestown or Suffolk seeking black type? ;)

andymays
07-16-2009, 04:19 PM
AM,
How's the marketing of Pro-Ride doing in England and France?

Do you think the Euros will enjoy the same success over the synthetic surface following 12 months of MEC track maintenance or will pursetrings have to open for more Pearse magic?

It is not the same as when it was installed. It is ground up from maintenance, usage, and weather. There is no money to replenish it properly!

Do you happen to know if any of last years plastic winners are expected to return this year? Were any Euros competing on plastuc last year unable to race this year?

Don't know.

Buy American, race American! We can't have outsiders ship in and steal purses from second-rate, stamina-challenged, stallion progeny, can we? I mean what kind of person goes to Charlestown or Suffolk seeking black type? ;)

I agree, maybe HANA should protest this trend in globalization at the expense of American Racing. TVG showing Woodbine as one of their main tracks is an example of this crap.

As I have said a million times before HANA should not support synthetic surfaces or the tracks that use them. Membership would quadruple on this issue alone in my opinion!

Indulto
07-16-2009, 07:49 PM
I agree, maybe HANA should protest this trend in globalization at the expense of American Racing. TVG showing Woodbine as one of their main tracks is an example of this crap.:lol:
AM,
Tongue-in-cheek may not be lost on you, but it certainly is wasted.As I have said a million times before HANA should not support synthetic surfaces or the tracks that use them. Membership would quadruple on this issue alone in my opinion!There is no prize for # 1,000,001. Since you apparently think HANA should be patrolling the Canadian border for errant Woodbine signals among other questionable duties you would assign them, you should also be aware that Canadians were initially over-represented in HANA. ;) So you might be better off asking them to patrol the U.S. Border for TVG employee crossings.:D

andymays
07-16-2009, 07:52 PM
:lol:
AM,
Tongue-in-cheek may not be lost on you, but it certainly is wasted.There is no prize for # 1,000,001. Since you apparently think HANA should be patrolling the Canadian border for errant Woodbine signals among other questionable duties you would assign them, you should also be aware that Canadians were initially over-represented in HANA. ;) So you might be better off asking them to patrol the U.S. Border for TVG employee crossings.:D

I knew I was spitting into the wind but I had to do it anyway! ;)

GMB@BP
07-17-2009, 12:08 PM
I am tired of rich people complaining about taxes....its about fairness.

FenceBored
07-17-2009, 06:30 PM
I am tired of rich people complaining about taxes....its about fairness.

I agree, there's nothing fair about taking > 40% of someone's earnings.

garyscpa
07-17-2009, 07:12 PM
With the possible legalization of marijuana in CA to help alleviate budget troubles, we may find out which really are the best grass horses. :D

bishlap
07-18-2009, 01:37 AM
With the possible legalization of marijuana in CA to help alleviate budget troubles, we may find out which really are the best grass horses. :D
and which horses don't have glaucoma :ThmbUp: