timtam
07-13-2009, 09:23 PM
I just received a mailing for the "new" all rhythm method which costs

$100 if you order in a few days. They highlight "recent winners" from

Aqueduct which has to predate 1998 because I just checked racing archives

and none of these horses was listed as winning on Dec 26. They even

have a website to order from but I won't post it due to any infringments

and I certainly am not advocating this product. The literature reminds me

of Empire or Gemini Presss but now its Wintrack Perrineville,NJ.

I just went on the website and I recognize the systems and they come

from Gamblers Emporium which is also out of New Jersey. Another mystery

solved because they sell OLD stuff as new.

Tom Barrister
07-13-2009, 10:10 PM
I'll be happy to post the website:

http://www.win-track.com

Take a good look at all of the magic moneymaking systems they have for sale there.

As for All-Rythm....

No need to know the track odds.

No need to handicap.

And if you order soon, you get a free "$1,000 Crap secret."

No, not "Craps Secret".

Crap Secret.

Which is (inadvertantly) a pretty good description of what they have to offer.

So send your $100 right away.

And if for some reason the system doesn't work, they have lots of other systems that will show you how to beat the lottery, slots, etc.

The come-ons they use aren't even good huckstering.

Anybody who buys anything from this site should be ordered by a court of law to have somebody responsible handle their finances.

I swear, the world must be full of lemon-heads, because this site wouldn't exist if people weren't buying this garbage.

lsosa54
07-13-2009, 10:13 PM
How can you argue with lottery success?

TESTIMONIAL OF SUCCESS http://www.win-track.com/images/rollover/handmoney.gif "I have on average been hitting almost daily... I have hit 5 numbers once, a few 4 number hits as well as 3 number hits."
- Andres Escalante, PR

Steve 'StatMan'
07-13-2009, 10:20 PM
The Rhythm Method for Horses - reducing the chances of sexually active fillies and mares from getting into foal. :lol:

jonnielu
07-14-2009, 06:16 AM
The come-ons they use aren't even good huckstering.

Anybody who buys anything from this site should be ordered by a court of law to have somebody responsible handle their finances.

I swear, the world must be full of lemon-heads, because this site wouldn't exist if people weren't buying this garbage.

An interesting post Tom, have you seen some examples of good huskstering?

Would the "good huckstering" be done by those who have people believing in "magic beans" in the first place?

jdl

Charli125
07-14-2009, 12:26 PM
The Rhythm Method for Horses - reducing the chances of sexually active fillies and mares from getting into foal. :lol:

Brilliant post! That was my first thought when I read the thread title as well.

miesque
07-14-2009, 01:30 PM
Brilliant post! That was my first thought when I read the thread title as well.

Glad to know I wasn't the only one to think that after reading the title. All I can say is what an unfortunate selection of names to attach to a product. :D

Tom Barrister
07-14-2009, 02:19 PM
An interesting post Tom, have you seen some examples of good huskstering?

Would the "good huckstering" be done by those who have people believing in "magic beans" in the first place?

jdl

The best hucksters in horse race system sellers today are, in my opinion, Clint Tracy (Dave Powers), and Dan Pope. They promise a lot, but not so much as to be totally unbelievable to their target market (those who believe that the magic system to riches exists).

Most huckstering is aimed directly at the target group. The huckster doesn't try to sell everybody, because he knows that 95% of the people who read it are too smart to believe the pitch.

The problem with the huckstering of the Rhythm Method is that they're using the same approach that they use to target slots and lottery players, many of whom will believe almost anything. Horse players are a bit smarter than that; even the most naive knows that 70-90% winners aren't possible, especially without handicapping or looking at the tote board.

Good huckstering provides a desirable and believable product/service, while giving a sense of urgency to order such, and providing quick/instant gratification if possible.

It also helps to have good grammer, which the entire website doesn't.

One of the stupidest examples of horse-racing related hucksterism was by a man who took an ad out in a newspaper the day before the Kentucky Derby, touting his pick for the following day's Derby. There was no phone number to call or internet site to go to. Prospective customers were to mail in their payment; the pick would be mailed out upon receipt (personal checks had to wait 5 days). The man didn't understand why nobody showed any interest.

Mike A
07-14-2009, 03:36 PM
The best hucksters in horse race system sellers today are, in my opinion, Clint Tracy (Dave Powers), and Dan Pope. They promise a lot, but not so much as to be totally unbelievable to their target market (those who believe that the magic system to riches exists).

Most huckstering is aimed directly at the target group. The huckster doesn't try to sell everybody, because he knows that 95% of the people who read it are too smart to believe the pitch.

The problem with the huckstering of the Rhythm Method is that they're using the same approach that they use to target slots and lottery players, many of whom will believe almost anything. Horse players are a bit smarter than that; even the most naive knows that 70-90% winners aren't possible, especially without handicapping or looking at the tote board.

Good huckstering provides a desirable and believable product/service, while giving a sense of urgency to order such, and providing quick/instant gratification if possible.

It also helps to have good grammer, which the entire website doesn't.

One of the stupidest examples of horse-racing related hucksterism was by a man who took an ad out in a newspaper the day before the Kentucky Derby, touting his pick for the following day's Derby. There was no phone number to call or internet site to go to. Prospective customers were to mail in their payment; the pick would be mailed out upon receipt (personal checks had to wait 5 days). The man didn't understand why nobody showed any interest. I've always loved the whole "Clint Tracy" thing..so brilliantly and subtly tapping into the deep recesses of the archetypal collective macho horseplayer mind.

...I guess his counterpart in the Bizzarro World would have to be "Dick Eastwood".