PDA

View Full Version : New Wagering Platform for Del Mar

trying2win
07-12-2009, 08:41 PM
Del Mar announces the start of a new wagering platform on their races in 2009:

http://www.bloodhorse.com/horse-racing/articles/51579/new-wagering-platform-unveiled-by-del-mar?source=rss

Any comments from PA members?

My comment to Joe Harper after reading this part of the article below is...where is the benefit, as in extra money...takeout reductions, higher rebates etc. for the customers, Joe? And as for part..."or anyone who cares about them...to get on board"...How about some more care for the bettors too, Joe?
----------------------------------------------------------------
“Our commissions from this site will be split 50-50 with our horsemen,” DMTC president and general manager Joe Harper said. “The monies we gain from the use of Del Mar Bets will mean purse increases for our owners, trainers and jockeys, which is all the more reason for them – or anyone who cares about them – to get on board.”
-----------------------------------------------------------------

T2W

LottaKash
07-12-2009, 09:14 PM
Whoopee !, I am all a-flutter....aint't I ?....:confused:

best,

Indulto
07-12-2009, 09:58 PM
Del Mar announces the start of a new wagering platform on their races in 2009:

http://www.bloodhorse.com/horse-racing/articles/51579/new-wagering-platform-unveiled-by-del-mar?source=rss

Any comments from PA members?

My comment to Joe Harper after reading this part of the article below is...where is the benefit, as in extra money...takeout reductions, higher rebates etc. for the customers, Joe? And as for part..."or anyone who cares about them...to get on board"...How about some more care for the bettors too, Joe?
----------------------------------------------------------------
“Our commissions from this site will be split 50-50 with our horsemen,” DMTC president and general manager Joe Harper said. “The monies we gain from the use of Del Mar Bets will mean purse increases for our owners, trainers and jockeys, which is all the more reason for them – or anyone who cares about them – to get on board.”
-----------------------------------------------------------------

T2W

http://www.paceadvantage.com/forum/showthread.php?p=713980#post713980 (http://www.paceadvantage.com/forum/showthread.php?p=713980#post713980)
If I had to make a choice, it would be to bet the synthetic tracks at the 10 % takeout. In the meantime, in an effort to reduce effects of the onerous takeouts, I'll continue to utilize several ADWS and the odd offshore racebook to get the best rebate rates for the tracks I like to play. As a general rule for me....NO DECENT REBATE = NO PLAY. Why play a racetrack in person, or a betting outfit offtrack that pays no reasonable rebate? In my opinion, all the current takeouts, breakage and slot machine revenues should not go to the racetrack, ADW, offshore racebook and horsemen, but a decent part of it should go to the most important person of all....THE BETTOR!

T2WT2W,
I’ve heard that offshore racebooks don’t continue to take bets from proven winners. Is that something you can confirm? ;)

I assume you contacted DMR because you like to play that track. Please report back as to where you find your best rebate for DMR. :cool:

Failing that, perhaps you could offer your e-mail to Harper as the first punch in an <A> avoidance campaign. :jump:

startngate
07-13-2009, 12:15 PM
It's essentially a skinned version of XpressBet, with XB running the operation. If you like XB, then you should like it.

Has anyone that already has an XB account signed up with them. Will be interesting to see if they allow duplicate accounts.

PaceAdvantage
07-14-2009, 01:28 AM
AmericaTab used to do this all the time...BRISbet....Winticket...racelinebet....etc.e tc....

Same engine underneath...just a new paint job and probably some commission for Del Mar...

rwwupl
07-14-2009, 10:13 AM
I think it is fine for the racetrack and the horsemen to continue to search for ways to reward themselves. They have been doing this for years, and it shows.

The most important leg of the 3-legged stool are the fan base ,and their numbers are shrinking.

Would it be too much to request that some effort be put in by the organizations that are supported by the revenue from the take out fee and other customer generated revenue, find some way to reward the people who make your/our game possible?

I mean, like , lets build the fan base,by lowering take out, allowing more winners from pari-mutuel betting to go home and tell their friends, before you lose it all.

I do not mean more tokenism of hat give aways.

Imriledup
07-14-2009, 12:32 PM
I think it is fine for the racetrack and the horsemen to continue to search for ways to reward themselves. They have been doing this for years, and it shows.

The most important leg of the 3-legged stool are the fan base ,and their numbers are shrinking.

Would it be too much to request that some effort be put in by the organizations that are supported by the revenue from the take out fee and other customer generated revenue, find some way to reward the people who make your/our game possible?

I mean, like , lets build the fan base,by lowering take out, allowing more winners from pari-mutuel betting to go home and tell their friends, before you lose it all.

I do not mean more tokenism of hat give aways.

I've asked on this board why all slots money goes to the owners? Supposedly slots money is there to create bigger purses which supposedly begets better horses which supposedly begets customers to wager more money because there's some 'proof' that better quality races get bigger betting pools. Why not bypass all this stuff and just put the slots money into the betting pools in the form of carryovers?

rrbauer
07-14-2009, 12:58 PM
I've asked on this board why all slots money goes to the owners? Supposedly slots money is there to create bigger purses which supposedly begets better horses which supposedly begets customers to wager more money because there's some 'proof' that better quality races get bigger betting pools. Why not bypass all this stuff and just put the slots money into the betting pools in the form of carryovers?

I don't think that all slots money goes to "owners". The track operators do quite well from slots, thank you. It's just that the subsidies from the slots to purses is publicized.

I like adding the slots money to the PM pools. Do it every 1/2 hour with 1 MTP. HANA?

I don't predict big things for this Del Mar experiment other than big failure. Especially so long as they remain indifferent to the non-owner customers. Del Mar has a history of successful innovative changes that are fan based. This is clearly not in that genre.

andymays
07-14-2009, 01:05 PM
In my opinion Del Mar should put a Medical Marijuana booth in the infield. Produce a losing ticket (pain and suffering) and you can hit the bong! Nobody will care about the surface or the take or the prices of anything.

Food Sales go up and the Track makes a lot of money!

They already have Del Mar Bets so how about Del Mar Bongs?

Just an innovative suggestion for the Del Mar Management!