PDA

View Full Version : Benny Beaten by Eaton

Tom
07-11-2009, 05:02 PM
Benny the Bull, 1-2, beaten by Eaton's Gift 14-1.

joanied
07-11-2009, 06:29 PM
Oh, I was bummed... I know Benny has been training like gangbusters...what happened? Guess we'll have to see next time out...and if he doesn't win next time....back to the farm?

Tom
07-11-2009, 07:41 PM
Mid way on the turn I said to myself, he's not going anywhere.
He got second, that surprised me. The talking to myself didn't. :eek:

CBedo
07-11-2009, 07:58 PM
Mid way on the turn I said to myself, he's not going anywhere.
He got second, that surprised me. The talking to myself didn't. :eek:That's why I have a dog....someone besides myself to talk to!

And he always seems to agree with whatever I say (as long as it ends with him getting food--he's a lab).

ghostyapper
07-11-2009, 11:24 PM
Oh, I was bummed... I know Benny has been training like gangbusters...what happened? Guess we'll have to see next time out...and if he doesn't win next time....back to the farm?

The thing with closing sprinters is sometimes they just don't get there in time. I wouldn't consider retiring him until he starts getting passed my horses in the stretch.

RockHardTen1985
07-11-2009, 11:28 PM
Is anyone really surprised ? He ran huge last time off of a long layoff and injury. I was totally against him at Belmont last time and left him out of my tri. I was shocked that he ran as well as he did. He was a prime bounce canidate today. He ran so big last time, I felt he had to regress today. The only reasson I did not bet against him today was because I could not find a alternative, the field was horrible. I thought maybe on class alone he could do it, but if I had anything clever I would have played against him hard.

lamboguy
07-11-2009, 11:36 PM
i think they should give benny back to his old trainer, jeff talley.

joanied
07-13-2009, 01:12 PM
Well guys,
Good posts...and every word made perfect sense...except maybe Lamboguy...Dutrow has done nothing but good by Benny...let's wait and see...and I do hope Benny finds his form again and wins next time out... he's such a fun horse to follow... and watching that race, it IS kinda amzing he got up for the place...that was all his class & courage kickin' in...like I said, he's such a fun horse to follow.
:)

RockHardTen1985
07-13-2009, 01:26 PM
Well guys,
Good posts...and every word made perfect sense...except maybe Lamboguy...Dutrow has done nothing but good by Benny...let's wait and see...and I do hope Benny finds his form again and wins next time out... he's such a fun horse to follow... and watching that race, it IS kinda amzing he got up for the place...that was all his class & courage kickin' in...like I said, he's such a fun horse to follow.
:)

Agree it was all heart and class. He was 100% up against it on Saturday. I wish I had some sort of clever idea to try to beat him.

joanied
07-13-2009, 02:27 PM
That's why I have a dog....someone besides myself to talk to!

And he always seems to agree with whatever I say (as long as it ends with him getting food--he's a lab).
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Lab + hot dogs (any food)= happiness

Emmett
http://i464.photobucket.com/albums/rr3/jd1947/DogsLittle5SpingsMarch1_20.jpg

CBedo
07-13-2009, 02:43 PM
Great picture! Such unbreakable concentration!

A lab tells his collie friend that he is going on a hunger strike to protest the quality of the dog food they are receiving.

30 minutes later, the lab has his head buried in his bowl chowing down.

The collie asks "I thought you were on a hunger strike?"

The lab replies "30 minutes without eating for a lab IS a hunger strike!" :lol:

Valuist
07-13-2009, 02:47 PM
IMO, he's just getting old.

joanied
07-13-2009, 02:49 PM
Great picture! Such unbreakable concentration!

A lab tells his collie friend that he is going on a hunger strike to protest the quality of the dog food they are receiving.

30 minutes later, the lab has his head buried in his bowl chowing down.

The collie asks "I thought you were on a hunger strike?"

The lab replies "30 minutes without eating for a lab IS a hunger strike!" :lol:

:lol: :lol: :lol: ...truer words were never spoken!!

And have you ever noticed...they eat up so fast you wonder if they even taste their food...

joanied
07-13-2009, 04:16 PM
IMO, he's just getting old.

tell that to Evening Attire (just retired), Commentator, Big Booster...anyway...you know what they say.."your not getting older, just getting better"

phatbastard
07-13-2009, 08:06 PM
it was very hot and humid....maybe that hurt him

Sid
07-13-2009, 08:09 PM
Undoubtedly it was ghosts from the 20 years Calder operated with an artificial surface.