PDA

View Full Version : Steward travesty of judgement - Arlington 7th

Tread
07-11-2009, 04:28 PM
The 3yr old stakes on the turf, the 4 Oil Man comes in a bit on the 3-5 favorite Giant Oak about 3 jumps from the wire. Oil Man was blowing by him at the time and the interference had absolutely ZERO impact on the outcome of the race. But Oil Man is taken down and Giant Oak sneaks into 4th place, ruining what would have been a HUGE super for me. Man, I really hate this game sometimes, but no more so than when gross incompetence/bullshit steward judgement is the cause of it.

joanied
07-11-2009, 04:42 PM
Did you see the Princess Rooney....Keep the Peace's jock put Jessicas Back into the fence and not one inquiry...would have no effect on the outcome, but there coulda been a horrible wreck...that filly nearly went over the rail, and I don't know how they stayed up. Nasty stuff.

Tread
07-11-2009, 05:13 PM
Yeah, in either case, I dont dispute that the jock should be spoken to, warned, admonished or whatever, but you don't take a horse down when it does not impact the outcome of the race.

joanied
07-11-2009, 06:26 PM
I did say it would have no effect on the outcome...but, ya know, maybe jessica's back would have taken a peice of the purse...she was in high gear on the rail, so, who knows?
At any rate...I can't recall:blush: who was riding Keep the Peace...but he needs to have his ass handed to him. Bad race riding:ThmbDown:

kenwoodallpromos
07-11-2009, 07:14 PM
Whichever races the stewards do not screw up on plabber (plastic/rubber), the fake sand will! LOL!!

trying2win
07-11-2009, 07:21 PM
Tread:

Why not go one step further and state your complaint to Arlington Park's management about your disagreement of the judges decision in the race you mentioned? Also, ask in this email for an explanation from the judges why they made their decsion. See if you get a response from Arlington Park. I wonder if the judges decision in the race in question would be in the form of GOOD SOUND REASONS, or REASONS THAT SOUND GOOD.

I've seen some questionable decisions made by racing judges over the years, and disagreed with their decsion when I had a bet on the horse that was disqualified. I've also agreed with them at times when their inquiry decisions resulted in losing my bet. In addition, I've agreed with them on occasions when I had no vested interest in a particular race DQ.

T2W

Steve 'StatMan'
07-11-2009, 07:37 PM
I didn't bet the race. But the 4 coming in cost the 3 the chance for 4th vs. the 6, only lost 4th by maybe 2 feet IRRC. Would the 4 have likely finished 3rd with no interference - most likely. But the 3 was likely to get up for 4th, or at least it was contentious - but by costing one of the horses a higher purse spot - this being a $250,000 race, that made the difference from my viewing the replays and experiences interpreting steward actions, at least the ones in IL. There were two objections, from the 6, and later the 3 added an objection. When I saw the 3 take back near the end, I expected an IQ or and OBJ, was a bit surprised at first when the 6 objected, since I initially thought the 3 was more affected - confirmed when 3 added their complaint.

Had it been 6 been far back out of the picture, the 4 might have stayed ahead of the 3.

Sorry you missed your Super - that have been nice - you're obviously doing something right.

Tread
07-11-2009, 08:38 PM
I didn't bet the race. But the 4 coming in cost the 3 the chance for 4th vs. the 6, only lost 4th by maybe 2 feet IRRC. Would the 4 have likely finished 3rd with no interference - most likely. But the 3 was likely to get up for 4th, or at least it was contentious - but by costing one of the horses a higher purse spot - this being a $250,000 race, that made the difference from my viewing the replays and experiences interpreting steward actions, at least the ones in IL. There were two objections, from the 6, and later the 3 added an objection. When I saw the 3 take back near the end, I expected an IQ or and OBJ, was a bit surprised at first when the 6 objected, since I initially thought the 3 was more affected - confirmed when 3 added their complaint.

Had it been 6 been far back out of the picture, the 4 might have stayed ahead of the 3.

Sorry you missed your Super - that have been nice - you're obviously doing something right.

I'm sorry Steve, I may be biased but I just dont see that. What I see in the replay is if anything, the 6 should be laying a claim against the 3, the 3 veers in and makes contact with him well before the 4 does anything. This briefly causes the 3 to pull ahead of the 6, but then the 6 draws back on terms, again before the 4 ever does anything to the 6, and the then 4 bounces the 3 and that shoves the 3 into the 6 again, where the 3 takes the worst of it.

I think the 6 is going by anyway, especially if the 3 had not made contact with him before the 4 did anything. As for writing a letter, I'd really rather not read their bullshit response, it will just make me more angry. Not worth the waste of my time.

ddog
07-12-2009, 12:09 AM
The 3yr old stakes on the turf, the 4 Oil Man comes in a bit on the 3-5 favorite Giant Oak about 3 jumps from the wire. Oil Man was blowing by him at the time and the interference had absolutely ZERO impact on the outcome of the race. But Oil Man is taken down and Giant Oak sneaks into 4th place, ruining what would have been a HUGE super for me. Man, I really hate this game sometimes, but no more so than when gross incompetence/bullshit steward judgement is the cause of it.

probably a homer call.
they have been head over heals for that giant "slug" oak all year.

he's a slug, i would never play the horse.

You made the right bet,tough outcome.

get 'em next time.

RockHardTen1985
07-12-2009, 12:17 AM
Did you see the Princess Rooney....Keep the Peace's jock put Jessicas Back into the fence and not one inquiry...would have no effect on the outcome, but there coulda been a horrible wreck...that filly nearly went over the rail, and I don't know how they stayed up. Nasty stuff.

Im not so sure about this one, at first I thought for sure KTP was coming down. It looked like the 1 was rank and rushed up and almost clipped heels. This is def. a tough one, but I think it might have been the correct decision. Paco Lopez sometimes gets a bit to rail happy, in the short time he rode in NY he burried a few horses on the rail. He got aggrasive with the 1, and I think he caused the trouble here.

Irish Boy
07-12-2009, 12:34 AM
I had the super too (boxed the 2-4-5-6), but it was the right call. Unfortunately.