PDA

View Full Version : Todd Schrupp (TVG) Plugs PA...Sort of

delayjf
07-09-2009, 05:34 PM
Todd Schrupp mentioned Paceadvantage on air today. He lamented that he could not participate because management wouldn't let him.

Got me to thinking, I wonder how many other big names in horse racing / Handicapping lurk here.

Bruddah
07-09-2009, 05:44 PM
Todd, yo can't rub no elbows wid no stinkin' cappers. Dat mite spurl yo image. :rolleyes:

JBmadera
07-09-2009, 05:46 PM
sounded to me like he was saying that he couldn't come on this site to defend himself - but now that tvg has a site he will be able to.....who knows!

jb

statepierback
07-09-2009, 05:58 PM
Caught the plug also.

BlueShoe
07-09-2009, 06:11 PM
How many TVG hosts lurk here,but cannot comment.They might say that they hear our criticism and agree with much of it,but that they must follow orders from management in order to keep their jobs,even though they would like to do things differently.

DeanT
07-09-2009, 06:40 PM
Todd should sign up with the screen name Todshrup and no one at TVG would ever know.

PaceAdvantage
07-09-2009, 06:45 PM
I actually caught that today...I'm honored...:)

the little guy
07-09-2009, 06:50 PM
I keep begging the NYRA brass to ban my participation here but they keep refusing my requests.

JustRalph
07-09-2009, 07:00 PM
I keep begging the NYRA brass to ban my participation here but they keep refusing my requests.
:lol: :lol: :lol:

somebody has to have Youtubed it by now?

Hajck Hillstrom
07-09-2009, 07:36 PM
...that TVG allows Vic Stauffer to participate though. Has Vic severed all ties to TVG, or is the network just concerned about "certain" hosts and analysts might respond in such a forum?

I did enjoy Todd's Dad's contributions. :D

Bruddah
07-09-2009, 07:55 PM
...that TVG allows Vic Stauffer to participate though. Has Vic severed all ties to TVG, or is the network just concerned about "certain" hosts and analysts might respond in such a forum?

I did enjoy Todd's Dad's contributions. :D

Personally, I think, the Race callers and other officianados of horse racing, posting on this board, should be commended. It probably takes more cahones than some might think. As Rodney Dangerfield so eloquently put it, "Man this a tuff crowd".

That being said, maybe Todd Schrupp, is using it as a reason for not playing here with the Big Boys. He might be a little bit on the sensitive side. :rolleyes:

Marshall Bennett
07-09-2009, 08:06 PM
I'm sure he gets clued in by at least someone on the TVG staff when something here is written about him . These guys , regardless of what you think of them , cannot be that oblivious to their surroundings . I'm sure this forum is close to home with them , in as much as horseracing goes .

delayjf
07-09-2009, 08:17 PM

TLG,

How many celebrity handicappers do you know that lurk here? As I recall you previously mentioned that Beyer lurks from time to time.

DeanT
07-09-2009, 08:17 PM
Matt C says he reads the board. And why the hell not. He gets praised a lot here, so people like to read nice things when they are said about them.

BillW
07-09-2009, 08:20 PM
Matt C says he reads the board. And why the hell not. He gets praised a lot here, so people like to read nice things when they are said about them.

His favorite PA emoticon: :rolleyes:

:D

the little guy
07-09-2009, 08:22 PM
TLG,

How many celebrity handicappers do you know that lurk here? As I recall you previously mentioned that Beyer lurks from time to time.

How many handicappers are celebrities ( present company excluded of course )?

CBedo
07-09-2009, 08:23 PM
The reason Todd mentioned that it was that TVG is launching their own forum/ "community" where their on air personalities will take part.

the little guy
07-09-2009, 08:31 PM
The reason Todd mentioned that it was that TVG is launching their own forum/ "community" where their on air personalities will take part.

That should be a lot of fun for them.

framarco
07-09-2009, 08:48 PM
Andy/ TLG: May I inquire as to whether or not you have spoken to Harvey? Those of us who literally learned this game at his feet-in the Aqueduct grandstand-would like to know. Has his family situation been alleviated? Will he be making a "Guest" appearance at the Spa? As you know, it can never be the same without him!

the little guy
07-09-2009, 08:55 PM
Andy/ TLG: May I inquire as to whether or not you have spoken to Harvey? Those of us who literally learned this game at his feet-in the Aqueduct grandstand-would like to know. Has his family situation been alleviated? Will he be making a "Guest" appearance at the Spa? As you know, it can never be the same without him!

I speak to Harvey. He's doing well. Unfortunately he won't be coming up this summer. Everything is fine but he isn't coming. We begged him to come to no avail.

I couldn't agree more......it can never be the same without him. I looked forward to the honor of sharing the stage with him every single day for the last ( almost ) ten years. It was a great pleasure.

I've known Harvey for 33 years. He has been a great supporter of mine and I am forever grateful.

Grits
07-09-2009, 08:57 PM
How many celebrity handicappers do you know that lurk here?

Celebrity? Are you serious? LOL

Can one name any celebrity, carrying a SAG card who can take the level of abuse this job entails?

Even with the worst possible scenario, tabloid headline, film or theater review, none are slammed like the "celebrity handicapper." If they were, the entire film industry as we know it, would've dried up long before they rolled out talkies.

The "celebrity handicapper" better qualifies as a masochist, and in the greatest way. Suffering the level of brutality and abuse that's floated throughout cyberland each day . . . . one can't imagine a tougher task or lot.

I'd want a seven figure contract to speak or to write a single word or number.

cj's dad
07-09-2009, 08:58 PM
I sent an e-mail to TS and Mc Tuuesday detailing the pluses and minuses of TVG's coverage and asking specific questions regarding same. I don't know if that had anything at all to do with TS's on air response. I wish I would have been tuned in to hear what he had to say.

framarco
07-09-2009, 09:09 PM
TLG/ Andy:

Thank you for your response. May I extend my best wishes to Harvey and his family and that we'll miss him. I certainly loved reading his book. Let's hope that his absence will be short and that he can return next year!

cj's dad
07-09-2009, 09:11 PM
I sent an e-mail to TS and Mc Tuuesday detailing the pluses and minuses of TVG's coverage and asking specific questions regarding same. I don't know if that had anything at all to do with TS's on air response. I wish I would have been tuned in to hear what he had to say.

BTW T Schrupp and Matt C. - I am really pissed off that neither of you have taken the time to respond. Simple questions require simple answers.

ranchwest
07-09-2009, 09:55 PM
TVG mentioned Bombs Away Bob tonight. I didn't catch the context, just the name.

slewis
07-09-2009, 10:02 PM
I speak to Harvey. He's doing well. Unfortunately he won't be coming up this summer. Everything is fine but he isn't coming. We begged him to come to no avail.

I couldn't agree more......it can never be the same without him. I looked forward to the honor of sharing the stage with him every single day for the last ( almost ) ten years. It was a great pleasure.

I've known Harvey for 33 years. He has been a great supporter of mine and I am forever grateful.

I have no problem providing the new host with a dunce cap for you.
There's a dollar store adjacent to my rental in Saratoga, and construction paper in numerous colors.....

If I have a good first week, I'll spring for the extra cash and make them in several colors.:mad:

KingChas
07-09-2009, 11:54 PM
The constant bashing threads on Pace Advantage of TVG have probably increased their viewing audience.

Controversial shows draw people.

So in essence we are giving them a plug ..............for free.

Probably worth the price of a Super Bowl Commercial. ;)

Bruddah
07-10-2009, 12:33 AM
The constant bashing threads on Pace Advantage of TVG have probably increased their viewing audience.

Controversial shows draw people.

So in essence we are giving them a plug ..............for free.

Probably worth the price of a Super Bowl Commercial. ;)

King, you may be correct. However, if TVG does get a few new viewers because of our bashing, the "Newbies" will only confirm our criticism. After a few weeks of viewing their broadcasts and ON AIR talent, the "Newbies" will find the clicker. I think the price of a Little League Playoff seat in the outfield is more like the value of our free plug.

Oops, there I go again, giving them (TVG) more viewers and future scorn. :blush: I just can't help myself. :rolleyes:

BombsAway Bob
07-10-2009, 12:52 AM

Catching daily Siro's Seminars streaming from DRF.COM the past few years made for a "Saratoga Experience" from home.
I also made sure to attend SIROS seminars in person every year when up there, bringing friends to experience THE SPA...non-handicapping friends, who wouldn't know a Beyer from a Ragozin... Yet EVERY TIME a N.H.F. left a SIROS seminar, they would tell me something along the lines of, "That was fun! Those guys on stage really had a good time talking about the upcoming races, Even though I didn't know what they were talking about. Everyone around me was taking notes, & nodding in agreement to comments made from the stage!"
KUDOS don't come much stronger than that! :jump:

KingChas
07-10-2009, 12:55 AM
King, you may be correct. However, if TVG does get a few new viewers because of our bashing, the "Newbies" will only confirm our criticism. After a few weeks of viewing their broadcasts and ON AIR talent, the "Newbies" will find the clicker.

Bruddah,you are probably correct.

What I am waiting for is the old school players like us to admit,"there is no such thing as a newbie"'.If there is such a thing as a "Newbie",there are only a handful a generation.

We are a hardcore cult,you have to be born with it.
No one in my family ever had anything to do with horseracing.
I circled entries in the paper when I was 10 years old.My Dad asked me what I was doing.I said "picking horses today to see how I do tommorrow." :D Shook his head,walked away.
Perhaps a gene in me from a great ancestor spurred my love for it?

Younger people want millions for a dollar,Not $20 for $2.00.

They try to get "Newbies" to watch soccer in America-I quickly find the clicker.

Never happen.Football and Horseracing rule this man's world. ;)

delayjf
07-10-2009, 03:43 PM
How many handicappers are celebrities ( present company excluded of course )?
Celebrity? Are you serious? LOL

What I had in mind where the authors like Beyer, Crist, Davidowitz, Brohamer etc.

fmolf
07-10-2009, 05:32 PM
Bruddah,you are probably correct.

What I am waiting for is the old school players like us to admit,"there is no such thing as a newbie"'.If there is such a thing as a "Newbie",there are only a handful a generation.

We are a hardcore cult,you have to be born with it.
No one in my family ever had anything to do with horseracing.
I circled entries in the paper when I was 10 years old.My Dad asked me what I was doing.I said "picking horses today to see how I do tommorrow." :D Shook his head,walked away.
Perhaps a gene in me from a great ancestor spurred my love for it?

Younger people want millions for a dollar,Not $20 for $2.00.

They try to get "Newbies" to watch soccer in America-I quickly find the clicker.

Never happen.Football and Horseracing rule this man's world. ;)
I'm the only one in my family also.... throw hockey into the mix and i am in complete agreement.....here is what my dad told me..."there are more horses asses at the racetrack than horses!"....can't wait till saratoga!

Grits
07-10-2009, 07:51 PM
What I had in mind where the authors like Beyer, Crist, Davidowitz, Brohamer etc.

I was teasing with you. LOL But, I do believe they have a difficult job.

Surely, though, if they lurk here it would be under a screen name that would give us no inkling of an idea.

KingChas
07-10-2009, 11:58 PM

Lest,we forget Mike? :eek:
Mr Pace Advantage.
He set up this site.One of (if not) the first of it's kind.The Best By Far. :ThmbUp:
See a lot of copycat sites that don't hold a candle to PA.
He should be on the 1st ballot.

CJ & TLG contribute a lot to help players also and they haven't finished yet.
They will definately get on the ballot.

PS;
I do not know Mike. So I am not ass kissng.
Besides he probably disagrees with 99.99% of my posts.

I never met CJ.
Besides he probably disagrees with 99.98% of my posts.

And every time I meet TLG (Andy Serling)at the Spa he thinks i'm an IRS agent.
He probably doesn't even read my posts.

castaway01
07-13-2009, 11:24 AM
TVG mentioned Bombs Away Bob tonight. I didn't catch the context, just the name.

At one point Bob was mentioned pretty much every day, especially during the weekday shows. He's a TVG legend.

Hajck Hillstrom
07-17-2009, 03:38 AM
.... than BombsAwayBob posted on the new TVG Community page yet?

There are some vedi agrisiv posters there, and I have already been tagged for "flaming." I'm not quite certain what that is, but I think it is akin to adding fuel to a fire.

I must say, that even at its worst, there is a civility on PA. Maybe Mike just has us all well trained. :lol:

BombsAway Bob
07-17-2009, 12:28 PM
.... than BombsAwayBob posted on the new TVG Community page yet?
There are some vedi agrisiv posters there, and I have already been tagged for "flaming." I'm not quite certain what that is, but I think it is akin to adding fuel to a fire.
I must say, that even at its worst, there is a civility on PA. Maybe Mike just has us all well trained. :lol:
instead of "The Flaming MOE" or "The Flaming Homer"
Community.TVG will have "The Flaming Hajck!"
Hey...where's the "KUDOS" button? Community.TVG will give Betfair many negative opinions regarding TVG that perhaps they weren't counting on. I guess they never visited here around the first of the month...:eek:

Stillriledup
05-15-2013, 04:30 PM
Gotta make a shoutout to Todd, i know he reads the boards, but he said something that made me LOL today.

The Thinker won at Belmont and Todd asked Simon if he knows the thinker and Simon was like "no idea". Todd was flabbergasted that Simon had never heard of the famous statue the Thinker and went on to say "how do i lose to you".

Awesome stuff, i think of that sometimes when i lose a bet or have a losing day "how am i losing to these people!"

Stillriledup
05-23-2014, 06:28 PM
1 year anniversary since i last bumped this post :D but Todd talking about 'us" again, didnt mention PA by name, but who else would he be talking about? :D

wiffleball whizz
05-23-2014, 06:40 PM
Always here 2+2 mentioned when In poker rooms I can't imagine why never once (besides meeting up with members here) I've ever heard any other patron or employee at a track mention PA.......

That's lame IMO.....this site is huge

Stillriledup
05-23-2014, 07:10 PM
Always here 2+2 mentioned when In poker rooms I can't imagine why never once (besides meeting up with members here) I've ever heard any other patron or employee at a track mention PA.......

If you google "horse racing message board" this site comes up. There are millions and millions of people who are on the internet and have heard of message boards, i don't know, seems like the biggest no brainer in the history of mankind to be able to find this site and contribute.

Unless its beneath them and they're too good for this place, you know, too cool for school :D

Tom
05-23-2014, 07:17 PM
What did he say about us? :rolleyes:

JustRalph
05-23-2014, 07:24 PM

You ever seen this?

http://youtu.be/olbbEqsMqgU

olbbEqsMqgU

I got Greg Wolf hooked up with one of our ex members back in the day.

I was living in California at the time

Original thread back n the day
http://paceadvantage.com/forum/showthread.php?t=7407

Stillriledup
05-23-2014, 07:43 PM
What did he say about us? :rolleyes:

He didnt say Pace Advantage, but he was kind of saying "you know who you are". His point was something to do with California Chrome and how he was right about something and 'everyone else' was wrong.

Stillriledup
05-23-2014, 07:46 PM
You ever seen this?

http://youtu.be/olbbEqsMqgU

olbbEqsMqgU

I got Greg Wolf hooked up with one of our ex members back in the day.

I was living in California at the time

Original thread back n the day
http://paceadvantage.com/forum/showthread.php?t=7407

BIG PIMPIN!!!

wiffleball whizz
05-23-2014, 08:08 PM
Wow I thought suff was PA........that's a awesome spot glad I saw this

JustRalph
05-23-2014, 11:59 PM
Wow I thought suff was PA........that's a awesome spot glad I saw this

It's only 11 years old......... :lol:

Anybody else feeling old?

NJ Stinks
05-24-2014, 01:28 AM
I wanted to find out know how Suff's #7 horse did in that race at Del Mar. So I checked the chart at Equibase for Del Mar's 2nd race on August 21, 2003. He ran a respectable 4th at 33-1. :cool:

link: http://www.equibase.com/premium/eqbPDFChartPlus.cfm?RACE=2&BorP=P&TID=DMR&CTRY=USA&DT=8/21/2003&DAY=D&STYLE=EQB

GaryG
05-24-2014, 06:47 AM
I had some major differences with Suff and once we were going to look each other up and have it out. Still, I know he had some physical problems and I wish him nothing but the best. If anyone is in touch with him I would appreciate them passing along my regards.

Stillriledup
02-21-2016, 07:20 PM
Is there anyone who is more annoying, more overrated and less likeable than this guy? (Besides me of course :D )

UnionRags
02-21-2016, 08:21 PM
lol. this guy is the man. met him once, he says hello goofontheroof.

VigorsTheGrey
02-21-2016, 08:44 PM
Todd Schrupp mentioned Paceadvantage on air today. He lamented that he could not participate because management wouldn't let him.

Got me to thinking, I wonder how many other big names in horse racing / Handicapping lurk here.

Does make me wonder too now that you mention it...I've only been here for about 2 weeks now...and I can tell you that there are some real knowledgeable persons that blog here both about horses and racing and pace and speed figures but about life too...Glad to be part of this network of people...its becoming my home away from home...Vigors

PS...I like asking Rich Perloff down at TVG email questions on the TVG show on monday and tuesday morning...Rich is super and it's fun hearing my question being repeated on air...how cool is that?

VigorsTheGrey
02-21-2016, 08:58 PM
I'm wouldn't be surprised if todd matt caleb and others are not here using their own laptops and under a ghostname...these action figures cant keep away from sites like these...after all PA IS WHERE THE ACTION IS...If you know of a better website for all things horsey please let me know....but I seriously doubt it....Anyway, where is Gino nowadays, I really miss him being on TVG ...Vigors

Lemon Drop Husker
02-21-2016, 08:58 PM
Does make me wonder too now that you mention it...I've only been here for about 2 weeks now...and I can tell you that there are some real knowledgeable persons that blog here both about horses and racing and pace and speed figures but about life too...Glad to be part of this network of people...its becoming my home away from home...Vigors

PS...I like asking Rich Perloff down at TVG email questions on the TVG show on monday and tuesday morning...Rich is super and it's fun hearing my question being repeated on air...how cool is that?

So you are THAT guy. :D

Please quit e-mailing Rich Perloff. The next time I hear him talk about the conditions of a race, I'm going to shoot my neighbor's dog.

VigorsTheGrey
02-21-2016, 09:17 PM

Please quit e-mailing Rich Perloff. The next time I hear him talk about the conditions of a race, I'm going to shoot my neighbor's dog.

Yes I am THAT GUY....I got rich pretty flustered the other day asking why Arabians run with their tails in the air...I could tell he really quite didn't know how to handle that one....but honestly I thought the question was legit...he openly admits he's no specialist on Arabians... :D

Stillriledup
02-21-2016, 09:31 PM
They all lurk here, every last one of them.

Lemon Drop Husker
02-21-2016, 09:34 PM
They all lurk here, every last one of them.

How are you doing tonight Richie P?

Stillriledup
02-21-2016, 09:43 PM
How are you doing tonight Richie P?

How am I doing ? Fine. How is richie P doing? You'll have to ask him.

;)

VigorsTheGrey
02-21-2016, 10:02 PM

I've been watching TVG for years and I like the show and the people that work there...I think it would be a cool job to have...and like I say I enjoy emailing rich my questions. He has always been fair and I like how he wants to know WHY a person like his choice instead of just say "I like the horse" Rich wants to know reasons and so do I....I respect this about him and I also think he has the right values about what to expect from the risks and rewards relating to gambling on horses....I think he is a first class individual so if you are interested in any kind of conversation with me about him or anyone else for that matter that borders on the personal, count me out, please....It is an important value of mine that my communications are as free from negativity as possible...Regards, Vigors

Stillriledup
02-21-2016, 10:07 PM
I've been watching TVG for years and I like the show and the people that work there...I think it would be a cool job to have...and like I say I enjoy emailing rich my questions. He has always been fair and I like how he wants to know WHY a person like his choice instead of just say "I like the horse" Rich wants to know reasons and so do I....I respect this about him and I also think he has the right values about what to expect from the risks and rewards relating to gambling on horses....I think he is a first class individual so if you are interested in any kind of conversation with me about him or anyone else for that matter that borders on the personal, count me out, please....It is an important value of mine that my communications are as free from negativity as possible...Regards, Vigors

I've e mailed Rich a couple times over the years, one time he totally disagreed and the other time he told me I made a great point. I'm battin .500 :D

Lemon Drop Husker
02-21-2016, 10:24 PM

Rich IS a good guy.

However, this is a horseman's/horseplayer's site.

There are serious people on here making a serious living by either selling, buying, owning, training, breeding, or for a large part of us with the most noise, wagering on horses.

Day in, and day out money is real.

As you have already noticed, there are some great minds on this site. Tread lightly. Be respective.

In the end, it is great to see a new and energetic poster. Just slow the roll a bit.

VigorsTheGrey
02-22-2016, 09:54 AM
Rich IS a good guy.

There are serious people on here making a serious living by either selling, buying, owning, training, breeding, or for a large part of us with the most noise, wagering on horses.

As you have already noticed, there are some great minds on this site. Tread lightly. Be respective.

In the end, it is great to see a new and energetic poster. Just slow the roll a bit.

Thank you Lemon Drop Husker for your reply...your points are valid and well taken...Words are powerful...I will do as you say and slow things down...My mind can be a ravenous thing, monstrous and destructive...I rely upon individuals such as yourself from time to time to set this floundering bark aright. I appreciate your honesty and candor...Regards, Vigors.

Grits
02-22-2016, 10:26 AM
Thank you Lemon Drop Husker for your reply...your points are valid and well taken...Words are powerful...I will do as you say and slow things down...My mind can be a ravenous thing, monstrous and destructive...I rely upon individuals such as yourself from time to time to set this floundering bark aright. I appreciate your honesty and candor...Regards, Vigors.

You've only 70 posts--not a one of which is overwrought, overstated, and certainly, not harmful. You don't need schooling from anyone; you're doing fine. Everyone learns from one another, here, this is what make this site--great. No single contributor has a corner on all aspects of this game and those who understand this--share the most. :)

How much others wager is not your concern, how much you wager is your concern--and your private business. Ravenous can be a fine thing.

Welcome to Pace Advantage. Enjoy your time here.

thespaah
02-22-2016, 11:23 AM
Rich IS a good guy.

I think you mean respectful...
BTW, that is a two way street.
Just because this happens to be a place where people in the business in one function or another does not give rise to "tread lightly".....
I can guarantee this. Everyone that posts here puts on their pants one leg at a time.
And if they come here to get their ass kissed or never see a single post contrary to their opinion, well then too bad.
Everyone gets the respect they contribute.
Two way street.

thespaah
02-22-2016, 11:24 AM
You've only 70 posts--not a one of which is overwrought, overstated, and certainly, not harmful. You don't need schooling from anyone; you're doing fine. Everyone learns from one another, here, this is what make this site--great. No single contributor has a corner on all aspects of this game and those who understand this--share the most. :)

How much others wager is not your concern, how much you wager is your concern--and your private business. Ravenous can be a fine thing.

Welcome to Pace Advantage. Enjoy your time here.
SPOT ON!!!!!