PDA

View Full Version : More waste by the Pres and family

cj's dad
07-07-2009, 07:56 PM
Michelle Obama enjoys Paris privilege barred to millions in France: Sunday shopping

http://assets.nydailynews.com/img/2009/07/01/alg_michelle_paris.jpg Rossignol/Reuters U.S. first lady Michelle Obama (C) waves as she leaves a clothing store after she and her daughters went shopping in Paris June 7, 2009.

PARIS (http://www.nydailynews.com/topics/Paris) - Michelle Obama (http://www.nydailynews.com/topics/Michelle+Obama) and her girls enjoyed a special Sunday shopping trip in Paris this month thanks to friends in high places who bent France (http://www.nydailynews.com/topics/France)'s Sunday store-closing rules.

President Nicolas Sarkozy (http://www.nydailynews.com/topics/Nicolas+Sarkozy) said Tuesday that calls were made to open a swanky children's boutique, usually closed by law on Sundays, where the First Lady and her two daughters perused racks of $200 summer dresses and $100 sweaters.

"Is it normal that on a Sunday when Madame Obama wants to go to the Paris shops with her daughters, that I have to make phone calls to have them open?" said Sarkozy, who is pushing to change the law

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/politics/2009/06/30/2009-06-30_michelle_obama_and_daughters_enjoy_paris_privil ege_barred_to_millions_in_france_.html#ixzz0KcYm9f O1&D

dav4463
07-07-2009, 11:26 PM
And the libs griped about Bush playing golf.

PaceAdvantage
07-08-2009, 02:08 AM
Don't the Obamas know our young men and women are dying in battles overseas in places like Afghanistan, where Obama says we MUST increase our presence?

The Obamas jet all around the country attending Broadway plays, shopping in Paris, while all along our precious youth are being sent to die for Obama's war in Afghanistan....

Hey, I know. Bush=OIL=IRAQ.

Obama=DRUGS=AFGHANISTAN....lol

Obama was a pothead and did some coke when he had the cash...maybe he's dealing drugs on the side and figures Afghanistan would be the perfect supply route for his drug dealing operation...you know..like Bush was conquering Iraq to steal and profit from all their oil? Yeah, THAT'S the ticket....and I'd like you to meet my wife, Morgan Fairchild...yeah....that's right....:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

JustRalph
07-08-2009, 05:39 AM
Don't the Obamas know our young men and women are dying in battles overseas in places like Afghanistan, where Obama says we MUST increase our presence?

read the double standard here

http://www.cnsnews.com/PUBLIC/Content/Article.aspx?rsrcid=49931

Media Cheer Obama's Golf Outings; Criticized Republicans' Trips to Course
Tuesday, June 23, 2009
By Penny Starr, Senior Staff Writer

(CNSNews.com) – President Barack Obama has gone to the golf course at least 11 times since he took the oath of office a little more than six months ago--three rounds were played during the late January, 12-day holiday Obama took with his family in Hawaii; one at Andrews Air Force Base; and seven at Ft. Belvoir Golf Course, including a round on Sunday, Father’s Day, with Vice President Joe Biden.

These 11 rounds played by the president are documented through media reports of his golf trips. The White House press office told CNSNews.com that to confirm every round of golf played by the president since he took office would take “hours” because the only records kept are those sent to the media through e-mails that are not posted on the White House Web site because they are for media planning only.

Despite ongoing wars in Iraq and Afghanistan, ongoing violence in Iran, and an economy that Obama has described as the worst since the Great Depression, the president has golfed multiple times in the past several weeks--on April 26, May 16, May 25, May 31, June 7, June 9, June 14 and June 21.

Obama’s golf outings have generated favorable reports from the media, in contrast to his predecessor, George W. Bush.

On Aug. 5, 2002, The Washington Post wrote about President Bush golfing near his parents’ home in Kennebunkport, Maine. Under the headline “Before Golf, Bush Decries Latest Deaths in Mideast,” staff writer Mike Allen described Bush as he “sprang from his golf cart at 6:15 a.m. and said he was distressed to hear about the latest suicide bombers in Israel.”

“Bush, wearing khakis and a knit shirt, was holding a driver in his gloved left hand,” Allen wrote.

“However incongruous the setting, the president plunged ahead,” Allen wrote.

“There are a few killers who want to stop the peace process that we have started, and we must not let them,” he said. “I call upon all nations to do everything they can to stop these terrorist killers.”

“His business out of the way,” Allen wrote, “Bush barely paused for breath before saying, ‘Thank you. Now watch this drive.’”

A search of news reports on Nexis revealed that photographers, but not reporters have access to Obama when he is on the links. But his outings have been covered, including by The Washington Post on June 9, 2009, in an article with the headline “Just the Sport for A Leader Most Driven.”

“What’s the deal? Why golf?” Post staff writer Richard Leiby wrote. “The attraction seems to be simple. It’s a great escape; the game demands such attention that nothing else matters. It’s time spent with friends, an unhurried afternoon in loose clothing (shorts seem to be Obama’s preference).”

Leiby continued, “To some, Obama’s frequent outings reflect a cool self-confidence.”

Leiby even quoted a sports psychologist who said Obama seemed able to play golf despite the grim reports by the media about the wars and the economy.

In August 2003, Bush said he decided to stop playing golf to show his respect for the men and women serving in Iraq and Afghanistan and their families.

“I don’t want some mom whose son may have recently died to see the commander in chief playing golf,” Bush said in an interview with Politico and Yahoo News on May 13, 2008. “I feel I owe it to the families to be in solidarity as best I can with them. And I think playing golf during a war just sends the wrong signal.”

Bush said he made the decision after the August 2003 bombing of the United Nations headquarters in Baghdad, which killed Sergio Vieira de Mello, the top U.N. official in Iraq and the organization’s high commissioner of human rights. He was golfing when he got the news.

“I was playing golf--I think I was in central Texas--and they pulled me off the golf course and I said, ‘It’s just not worth it anymore to do.’”

Bush was criticized for giving up golf, including by presidential historian Robert Dallek who was quoted in a May 14, 2008 article in The Washington Post.

Dallek said Bush’s remarks about Iraq “speak to his shallowness.” Dallek added: “That's his idea of sacrifice, to give up golf?”

Bush’s father, President George H.W. Bush, also was criticized for golfing in a time of war.

In an Aug. 3, 2006 article in USA Today entitled “No Rest for the President,” it noted that George W. Bush cut his summer vacation to 10 days because of the ongoing crisis in the Middle East, and a sidebar reviewed other presidential vacations.

[B]Among other things, the sidebar said, “George H.W. Bush: In 1990, Bush was criticized for playing golf and fishing at his Kennebunkport, Maine, summer home and seeming indifferent as U.S. troops were being deployed to the Persian Gulf in anticipation of a war with Iraq.”

Obama golfed on May 25 after he spoke and placed a wreath at the Tomb of the Unknown Soldier in Arlington Cemetery on Memorial Day. Presidential aides told the media that Obama observed a moment of silence at 3 p.m. while on the links.

Obama also played golf on June 7, the day he returned from his trip to Egypt and Germany, where he visited Holocaust concentration camps, and Normandy, France, where as many as 6,000 American troops died when Allied Forces invaded the country during World War II.

“With his wife and daughters still in France, the president ducked out of the White House 90 minutes after getting home and headed out to the Andrews Air Force Base course with his clubs to enjoy a round, with skies only partly cloudy and temperatures about 80 degrees,” United Press International reported on June 7.

The following U.S. troops died in Iraq and Afghanistan while Obama was on golf outings, according to records of U.S. troop casualties kept by the Department of Defense:

-- Spc. David A. Schaefer Jr., 27, of Belleville, Ill., died May 16 in Baghdad, Iraq, of wounds suffered when an improvised explosive device detonated near his unit. He was assigned to the 1st Battalion, 2nd Infantry Regiment, 172nd Infantry Brigade, Schweinfurt, Germany.

--Cmdr. Duane G. Wolfe, 54, of Port Hueneme, Calif., died May 25 from injuries suffered as a result of an improvised explosive device attack on his convoy southeast of Fallujah. Wolfe was assigned to the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers’ Gulf Region Division in Iraq.

it goes on at the link

Steve 'StatMan'
07-08-2009, 12:10 PM

The Obamas jet all around the country attending Broadway plays, shopping in Paris, while all along our precious youth are being sent to die for Obama's war in Afghanistan....

Hey, I know. Bush=OIL=IRAQ.

Obama=DRUGS=AFGHANISTAN....lol

Obama was a pothead and did some coke when he had the cash...maybe he's dealing drugs on the side and figures Afghanistan would be the perfect supply route for his drug dealing operation...you know..like Bush was conquering Iraq to steal and profit from all their oil? Yeah, THAT'S the ticket....and I'd like you to meet my wife, Morgan Fairchild...yeah....that's right....:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Yeah! No Blood For Drugs! :liar:

ArlJim78
07-08-2009, 12:18 PM
I read somewhere yesterday that Michelle my belle has a staff with a total salary of $1.45 million. Laura Bushs staff came in at $465,000.

nothing too surprising about that.

Tom
07-08-2009, 12:51 PM
MMB needs far more work to go out in public than Laura ever did! :lol:

ddog
07-08-2009, 01:26 PM
You , have serious issues even to joke on that front. :(

I can't think of a more revolting sight than a spread on L . Bush.

:D

I just lost breakfast right there!

Tom
07-08-2009, 01:45 PM
Laura was always classy - MMB is always........MMB. :lol:

boxcar
07-08-2009, 02:20 PM
Laura was always classy - MMB is always........MMB. :lol:

Yeah...it's an awful lot of work to try to come up with different ways to paint happy faces on this very angry, America-hating black woman. I'm surprised, the tab comes to only 1.45 million. :rolleyes:

Boxcar

Hank
07-08-2009, 02:42 PM
http://assets.nydailynews.com/img/2009/07/01/alg_michelle_paris.jpg
Gee She doesn't look angry to me,clearly its neoconderthals such as yourself that are angry,I mean with the total abject failure of your club,I understand why,there there,you'll be walking up-right before you know it.:lol:

ArlJim78
07-08-2009, 03:12 PM
FLOTUS

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_9Bx0L3n3uAo/Sje4rGS7d6I/AAAAAAAAFqw/l5arv9TchXg/s400/modog.jpg

Tom
07-08-2009, 03:38 PM
MMB - the real deal! :lol:

Marshall Bennett
07-08-2009, 04:13 PM
Looks like a pit bull . :)

dav4463
07-08-2009, 04:39 PM
read the double standard here

http://www.cnsnews.com/PUBLIC/Content/Article.aspx?rsrcid=49931

Media Cheer Obama's Golf Outings; Criticized Republicans' Trips to Course
Tuesday, June 23, 2009
By Penny Starr, Senior Staff Writer

(CNSNews.com) – President Barack Obama has gone to the golf course at least 11 times since he took the oath of office a little more than six months ago--three rounds were played during the late January, 12-day holiday Obama took with his family in Hawaii; one at Andrews Air Force Base; and seven at Ft. Belvoir Golf Course, including a round on Sunday, Father’s Day, with Vice President Joe Biden.

These 11 rounds played by the president are documented through media reports of his golf trips. The White House press office told CNSNews.com that to confirm every round of golf played by the president since he took office would take “hours” because the only records kept are those sent to the media through e-mails that are not posted on the White House Web site because they are for media planning only.

Despite ongoing wars in Iraq and Afghanistan, ongoing violence in Iran, and an economy that Obama has described as the worst since the Great Depression, the president has golfed multiple times in the past several weeks--on April 26, May 16, May 25, May 31, June 7, June 9, June 14 and June 21.

Obama’s golf outings have generated favorable reports from the media, in contrast to his predecessor, George W. Bush.

On Aug. 5, 2002, The Washington Post wrote about President Bush golfing near his parents’ home in Kennebunkport, Maine. Under the headline “Before Golf, Bush Decries Latest Deaths in Mideast,” staff writer Mike Allen described Bush as he “sprang from his golf cart at 6:15 a.m. and said he was distressed to hear about the latest suicide bombers in Israel.”

“Bush, wearing khakis and a knit shirt, was holding a driver in his gloved left hand,” Allen wrote.

“However incongruous the setting, the president plunged ahead,” Allen wrote.

“There are a few killers who want to stop the peace process that we have started, and we must not let them,” he said. “I call upon all nations to do everything they can to stop these terrorist killers.”

“His business out of the way,” Allen wrote, “Bush barely paused for breath before saying, ‘Thank you. Now watch this drive.’”

A search of news reports on Nexis revealed that photographers, but not reporters have access to Obama when he is on the links. But his outings have been covered, including by The Washington Post on June 9, 2009, in an article with the headline “Just the Sport for A Leader Most Driven.”

“What’s the deal? Why golf?” Post staff writer Richard Leiby wrote. “The attraction seems to be simple. It’s a great escape; the game demands such attention that nothing else matters. It’s time spent with friends, an unhurried afternoon in loose clothing (shorts seem to be Obama’s preference).”

Leiby continued, “To some, Obama’s frequent outings reflect a cool self-confidence.”

Leiby even quoted a sports psychologist who said Obama seemed able to play golf despite the grim reports by the media about the wars and the economy.

In August 2003, Bush said he decided to stop playing golf to show his respect for the men and women serving in Iraq and Afghanistan and their families.

“I don’t want some mom whose son may have recently died to see the commander in chief playing golf,” Bush said in an interview with Politico and Yahoo News on May 13, 2008. “I feel I owe it to the families to be in solidarity as best I can with them. And I think playing golf during a war just sends the wrong signal.”

Bush said he made the decision after the August 2003 bombing of the United Nations headquarters in Baghdad, which killed Sergio Vieira de Mello, the top U.N. official in Iraq and the organization’s high commissioner of human rights. He was golfing when he got the news.

“I was playing golf--I think I was in central Texas--and they pulled me off the golf course and I said, ‘It’s just not worth it anymore to do.’”

Bush was criticized for giving up golf, including by presidential historian Robert Dallek who was quoted in a May 14, 2008 article in The Washington Post.

Dallek said Bush’s remarks about Iraq “speak to his shallowness.” Dallek added: “That's his idea of sacrifice, to give up golf?”

Bush’s father, President George H.W. Bush, also was criticized for golfing in a time of war.

In an Aug. 3, 2006 article in USA Today entitled “No Rest for the President,” it noted that George W. Bush cut his summer vacation to 10 days because of the ongoing crisis in the Middle East, and a sidebar reviewed other presidential vacations.

[B]Among other things, the sidebar said, “George H.W. Bush: In 1990, Bush was criticized for playing golf and fishing at his Kennebunkport, Maine, summer home and seeming indifferent as U.S. troops were being deployed to the Persian Gulf in anticipation of a war with Iraq.”

Obama golfed on May 25 after he spoke and placed a wreath at the Tomb of the Unknown Soldier in Arlington Cemetery on Memorial Day. Presidential aides told the media that Obama observed a moment of silence at 3 p.m. while on the links.

Obama also played golf on June 7, the day he returned from his trip to Egypt and Germany, where he visited Holocaust concentration camps, and Normandy, France, where as many as 6,000 American troops died when Allied Forces invaded the country during World War II.

“With his wife and daughters still in France, the president ducked out of the White House 90 minutes after getting home and headed out to the Andrews Air Force Base course with his clubs to enjoy a round, with skies only partly cloudy and temperatures about 80 degrees,” United Press International reported on June 7.

The following U.S. troops died in Iraq and Afghanistan while Obama was on golf outings, according to records of U.S. troop casualties kept by the Department of Defense:

-- Spc. David A. Schaefer Jr., 27, of Belleville, Ill., died May 16 in Baghdad, Iraq, of wounds suffered when an improvised explosive device detonated near his unit. He was assigned to the 1st Battalion, 2nd Infantry Regiment, 172nd Infantry Brigade, Schweinfurt, Germany.

--Cmdr. Duane G. Wolfe, 54, of Port Hueneme, Calif., died May 25 from injuries suffered as a result of an improvised explosive device attack on his convoy southeast of Fallujah. Wolfe was assigned to the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers’ Gulf Region Division in Iraq.

it goes on at the link

No one can possibly say that this isn't a double-standard, but I will bet someone will try!

boxcar
07-08-2009, 08:39 PM
http://assets.nydailynews.com/img/2009/07/01/alg_michelle_paris.jpg
Gee She doesn't look angry to me,clearly its neoconderthals such as yourself that are angry,I mean with the total abject failure of your club,I understand why,there there,you'll be walking up-right before you know it.:lol:

I knew some meathead on this forum wouldn't get it and would raise the very objection you did. Congrats, Hank! For your apt reward, go sit in the corner with your dunce hat on!

Boxcar

cj's dad
07-08-2009, 08:58 PM
Looks like a pit bull . :)

Please MB stop insulting pit bulls !!

ArlJim78
07-08-2009, 09:16 PM
umm, this is okay for vacation attire (http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/worldnews/article-1198393/Miss-Obamas-peacenik-T-shirt-sends-message-G8-leaders.html), but when you bring your kids along on a business trip representing your country, is it too much to ask to have them dress the part? or is that old fashioned thinking?

boxcar
07-08-2009, 09:32 PM
umm, this is okay for vacation attire (http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/worldnews/article-1198393/Miss-Obamas-peacenik-T-shirt-sends-message-G8-leaders.html), but when you bring your kids along on a business trip representing your country, is it too much to ask to have them dress the part? or is that old fashioned thinking?

It's only "old fashioned" for classless wonders.

Boxcar

dartman51
07-08-2009, 09:42 PM
MMB needs far more work to go out in public than Laura ever did! :lol:

AMEN!!!!!! And it still doesn't help.

Warren Henry
07-09-2009, 12:24 AM

Come on. You can't really think she just happened to have those tee shirts handy and just happened to pick them to wear on this occasion?

Had to have been orchestrated and or approved by her parents. Way out of line IMO.

If the Obamas really want their children shielded, they need to quit using them as props.

ArlJim78
07-09-2009, 12:45 AM
Come on. You can't really think she just happened to have those tee shirts handy and just happened to pick them to wear on this occasion?

Had to have been orchestrated and or approved by her parents. Way out of line IMO.

If the Obamas really want their children shielded, they need to quit using them as props.
yes I think the tee was picked out, but I'm also referring to the overall image. it just looks too casual, too slacker to me. If I'm the president and i take my kids to europe for a international summit, i'm going to make sure that when the kids are in public they are looking sharp, no shorts, no peace tee's, etc.

Quagmire
07-09-2009, 06:20 AM
yes I think the tee was picked out, but I'm also referring to the overall image. it just looks too casual, too slacker to me. If I'm the president and i take my kids to europe for a international summit, i'm going to make sure that when the kids are in public they are looking sharp, no shorts, no peace tee's, etc.

I could be wrong but I don't think Obama's kids participated in the summit meetings.

Tom
07-09-2009, 07:39 AM
I could be wrong but I don't think Obama's kids participated in the summit meetings.
We would be better off if they did instead of HIM! :D

JustRalph
07-09-2009, 08:31 AM
Speaking of Handbags..........

This is the man who is for the "people" he is going to save those who are poor.......and spread the wealth around.........a 6k purse and 500 dollar tennis shoes........? Yep......he is in touch............

http://www.justralph.com/6kpurse.jpg

ArlJim78
07-09-2009, 10:53 AM
of course not, you know that wasn't my point.

dav4463
07-09-2009, 04:37 PM
Was that real alligator on that purse? Does PETA know?

Warren Henry
07-10-2009, 12:23 AM
Speaking of Handbags..........

This is the man who is for the "people" he is going to save those who are poor.......and spread the wealth around.........a 6k purse and 500 dollar tennis shoes........? Yep......he is in touch............

http://www.justralph.com/6kpurse.jpg

I guess the White House is a little sensitive on this issue. They claim it is just a $900 leather model.

I don't care if she wears $540 tennis shoes to a food kitchen or carries a $900 (or $6000) purse in the woods, I just wonder why their flacks made such a big deal out of Palin's clothes when Michelle also obviously has a taste for the finer things. Typical hypocrites.

Tom
07-10-2009, 07:36 AM
Well there ya go.....ONLY a $900 bag - this must the shared sacrifice they keep talking about.
:bang: