PDA

View Full Version : Bobby Frankel Ill Reported in DRF

Turfday
07-06-2009, 05:55 PM
I heard this about a week ago or so. He may be dispersing his stable except for the Juddmonte horses.

He was my first trainer....my winner's circle shots of him and Humberto are right on the wall in my office. Those were great times with Arrival Time, Nigreta's Pleasure, Kasha Knish, La Vencedor, etc.

He turned California racing upside down with his claiming tactics when he first got out to Southern Californ ia in the early 70's with Marion Frankel's horses.

God bless him for a speedy recovery.

Hollywood Park | Posted 7/6/2009, 3:01 pm
Illness keeps Frankel home in California
By Steve Andersen

Hall of Fame trainer Bobby Frankel has not been to the track in recent weeks but has been in contact with his assistant, Humberto Ascanio.

INGLEWOOD, Calif. - Hall of Fame trainer Bobby Frankel is battling an undisclosed illness at his Los Angeles area home, according to several people close to him, and has stayed away from the racetrack in recent weeks, leading to widespread concern among his friends and colleagues in the sport about his long-term health.

The rest here:

http://drf.com/news/article/105253.html

Imriledup
07-06-2009, 05:56 PM
What's the inside scoop?

joanied
07-07-2009, 02:36 PM
Turfday....thanks for posting this...I had no idea. I sure hate to hear about Bobby being ill...and hope in my heart that it isn't a life threatening illness and that he'll get well and get back to the shedrow...but this does not sound good.

I have fond memories of Bobby back in the day...he sure was the claim king of NY...and he gave me more than a fair share of 'tips' on horses he ran...I cashed a lot of tickets by way of Bobby's whispers in my ear.

But hey... those of us that were weaned on the streets of Brooklyn do not give up...tough as nails...

GET WELL SOON, BOBBY

RichieP
07-07-2009, 02:41 PM
May you be given what you need Bobby.
:)