- Second start with trainer Richard Moreau
- Sylvain Fillion receives driving duty
- High percentage driver/trainer combo
- very sharp qualifier at rideau (2:00)
- Most recent qualifier at Moh (1:59)

Downfall:
- 2 year old race
- 1st lifetime start
- morning line 1-1 favorite is the #3 and has one healthy lifetime start on the shelf.

Might want to look at playing:
Exactor box 2,3
WP 2
Daily Double
__________________________________________________ ___________

Hunch Play of the Night:

Race #5:
#3 Valvec
- comes off a sickness
- has had 2 starts back to get into shape
- faces tough company
**Main betting factor is Robert Don Fellows**
- trainer has been on fire the past week
- can race with this class
- if going to be any good, will be bet down from his 6-1 morning line odds

Might want to look at playing:
Pick 3's
Win 4
WP
Triactor

Hope they come through.

Cheers,

Moneymatt

OffNPacing
07-06-2009, 05:37 PM
Race 1, I have to pass on the 2. I have found, not too many 2 YO's will go hard 1st out for a good Trainer. Moreau is good, and as my notes have, normally sends his young ones out well 2nd Career Start. I will pass the race entirely, as I do like the 3, but think they both will be beat.....

Great selections though, and very glad to see some commentary on WHY you made the selection. Very good Thread.

moneymatt
07-06-2009, 06:00 PM
Race 1. I can completely understand what you're saying. I just think with the two qualifiers at rideau especially the most recent, and the one qaulifier at Mohawk they might fire first time out. Don't forget, five out of the seven starters are first timers. All in all the 2 horse looks the sharpest in my view. Although I wouldn't be totally shocked if they gave the horse a start like you eluded too.

Out of curiousity who did you vouch towards?

Appreciate the input, seems like you know your standardbreds. Keep the feedback coming, I love horse chat with guys who know their stuff.

Cheers,

Moneymatt

OffNPacing
07-06-2009, 08:42 PM
I actually liked 1-5, and played 1-5 With 1-2-3-5 Exacta.

Jody chose the 1 on the rail. Only downfall was only 1 Qual showing.

Chose 5 The Big Scoop, because of 3 Qual's showing, which is alot more action than the rest have gotten, and is making second trip around the Mohawk surface, which is one of my biggest angles with 2 and 3 year Olds. And also, barely lost to Western Dancing in the last Qual, who is 5-1 in a HUGE stakes race tonight.....

2 Year Olds is my cup of tea, thats the only reason I posted my doubt on your thread. Keep the selections coming though, as I enjoy reading others thoughts!

Good Luck Matt

OffNPacing
07-06-2009, 08:44 PM
Also, before the race goes off....

I waned to post my thoughts on Race 5

I like the 2 Zeigler Hanover.......

Mario-Benoit combo, and they both have been hot. Last week they have won with about 65% working together. Wins if he doesn't break, and has shown a race without breaking, which is a plus. Mario has won with this horse in both his starts with him.