PDA

View Full Version : Shows your hands Santos

linrom1
05-10-2003, 12:25 PM
Boy, if I lived in NY, i would go the race track so I could just shout " shows us your hands Santos."

Tom
05-10-2003, 12:43 PM
...he might only show you his finger! :eek:

PaceAdvantage
05-10-2003, 12:45 PM
It's a witch hunt....plain and simple....the real story is what did Gary Stevens pass to Pat Day in 1995??....funny how nobody has yet referred to that incident yet in comparison to what is going on today with Santos.....

Tom
05-10-2003, 01:51 PM
I agree with you about the other incident, but what can we do?
They did it to us, kissed us, and sent us on our way.
Only thing we can do is quit playing - even if it is crooked, it is the onyl game in town.
Passing "things", concealed cue rings, batteries, fix-six, let's face it, we are a bunch of little fish in a big pond. There is lots of money in it and those that own the pond would rather turn their heads than fix things. Whenever there is money, there will be vultures. And wherever that are vultures, there are politicians
and racing officials. The good ole boy network.
BTW, did they do a drug test on EM after the Derby?
I guess they would on a money-finisher?
Just wondering where Harthill was that day.
Hey ! A match race idea....battery vs drugs!
That age old question - who came first, the juice or the juice would be answered.

sq764
05-10-2003, 02:14 PM
I am still a little bitter over missing that National Pick 3 a few years back because of the Valhol incident in the ARK Derby

dav4463
05-10-2003, 02:52 PM
They can't take away my Derby trifecta ticket can they ? I haven't had a chance to cash it yet !

JustRalph
05-10-2003, 04:32 PM
Originally posted by dav4463
They can't take away my Derby trifecta ticket can they ? I haven't had a chance to cash it yet !

I would cash it today...........i have never heard of them taking away ticks.....but...?

sq764
05-10-2003, 06:11 PM
If for some reason they DQ's Funny Cide, and EM was made the winner, would this change his status for him entering the Preakness??

cj
05-10-2003, 06:31 PM
It already has...Frankel says he is running now...what a joke!

CJ

sq764
05-10-2003, 06:32 PM
This is the lead story on right now on NBC nightly News.. Unreal..

Tom
05-10-2003, 06:36 PM
What is taking so long?
When will the DRF be listing Q-Rays "on" or "off"?
This valuable information is badly needed.

karlskorner
05-10-2003, 07:09 PM
As I said in another post Latin riders have a favorite expression

No Habla English

WHO, WHAT, WHERE , WHEN are the first English words learned. They have been jerking the Stewards off for a long time.

PaceAdvantage
05-10-2003, 07:57 PM
You don't have to ask him a thing...just look at the photos that show nothing in his hand. Even the photo that strives to sell a story that isn't there, when looked at for more than 2 minutes, reveals itself as nothing more than a glimpse of a jockey's teal colored silks....

Instead of implicating Jose Santos, you should implicate your FRIEND for not making SURE what he wrote down in his story is what was ACTUALLY SAID. When you friend contacted other sources and found out nobody has ever heard of a 'Cue Ring', didn't that set off a couple bells in his head that maybe he got his quote wrong????

Suff
05-10-2003, 08:08 PM
In New York.....When the Stewards or Commission has a Question for a Spanish speaking Jockey, They use these new fangled things called "Interperters". Florida does'nt have these yet I assume. They're pretty cool..... You ask the question you want answered to the "Interpreter"... and the "interpreter" asks the Spanish Speaking Jockey. Then The Jockey tells the "interpreter" his answer.

This prevents the Jerking off.

Suff
05-10-2003, 08:20 PM
This whole thing is One step above a

National Enquirer UFO story.

PaceAdvantage
05-10-2003, 08:21 PM
First off, Santos' English isn't all that bad. Maybe if the Herald reporter bothered to confirm what he said, he wouldn't have been misquoted....

Cue-Ring......hehe....that's rich!

Tee
05-10-2003, 08:26 PM
Originally posted by cjmilkowski
It already has...Frankel says he is running now...what a joke!

CJ

Frankel was interviewed on TVG a bit ago & said that he would not enter Empire Maker & stick with Peace Rules.

Tom
05-10-2003, 08:32 PM
...but you'd think someones mother got mugged the way everyone is jumping to Satos defense.
If you are going to blame the Miama paper, then blame TVG, NBC, CNN, MSNBC, ABC, and proabably countle other newspapers for climbing on the bandwagon.
Really makes you want to watch the evening news, doesn't it?
A reporter who gets info by the phone is not a reporter - he is just reporting from a coffee klatch. For one thing, how do you know who you are talking to on the phone?
As far as I am concerned, reporters can "see tickets up their glasses."
:p

PaceAdvantage
05-10-2003, 08:32 PM
I am getting a feeling that the whole Frankel/Empire Maker/Preakness thing today is weirder than the Santos story itself!!!

Tom
05-10-2003, 09:19 PM
If he now scatches EM again....

You put your big horse in,
you pull your big horse out,
You put your big horse in and
Scream and rant and shout
You act a litte hokey and you say he's A-ok,
Thats what its all about!

bucktron
05-11-2003, 12:24 PM
Help me out Horseman. Would it be possible to:
1. Train a horse with a buzzer (machine/battery)
2. Grow a long sharpened finger nail
3. Jab a thoroughbred in the nape of the neck with the sharpened finger nail
4. Resulting in a similar learned response to a buzzer
5. If this is possible, do Stewards view a long fingernail as an illegal device?
6. Do the employ a manicurist to cut and polish the jockeys nails each racing day?