PDA

View Full Version : the formula system

briguy
07-06-2009, 07:56 AM
Curious if anyone on the board is using this method. I've purchased it about a year ago. It uses weighted values, takes a long time to compute a race. If I have a specific question, the seller usually responds, support is there as promised. So far every race I used it on selects the favorites. Seller says to use it only on races with value, but it's "formula" seems to favor the best ratings in the pp's. :bang:

goforgin
07-06-2009, 01:08 PM
Curious if anyone on the board is using this method. I've purchased it about a year ago. It uses weighted values, takes a long time to compute a race. If I have a specific question, the seller usually responds, support is there as promised. So far every race I used it on selects the favorites. Seller says to use it only on races with value, but it's "formula" seems to favor the best ratings in the pp's. :bang:
No, have not heard of this method unless it also goes by a different name or there's a similar method out there. Without knowing the formula, perhaps adjust the weighted values? Seems some methods pick mostly favorites as you say, which we know over the long run may or may not produce a +ROI. Longshot methods on the other hand go through some long run-outs and also over time may not produce a +ROI.

lsosa54
07-06-2009, 02:54 PM
There was an old system called The Formula put out by Bob Pandolfo, who posts here. I don't think he sells it anymore but it is incorporated into his Diamond System, which produces the following ratings from it (Bob's words):

FORMULA PACE, FORMULA SPEED, FORMULA KICK (great for turf races and all routes), and FORMULA POWER.

briguy
07-06-2009, 07:06 PM
I have errored in not giving the full title of the system. It's actually called "gettheformula." Easilly found with a seach engine. BIG claims, but in practice not finding much value. :blush:

lsosa54
07-06-2009, 07:49 PM
http://gettheformula.com/

You certainly know who his ad copy is geared to but I think Empire Press could have done a better job. "Mr. D's" Paypal account goes by the name of the Master Linens Company, whatever that is. Next time I see a $70K painting I want, I'll make sure to play a $48 pick 6 so I can afford it. No documentation of anything. His testimonial is some anonymous guy who thanked him for the $29K he won at the track that day with the RHPI Formula. And of course, the formula's creator is a physicist.

I think 69 cents for the formula would be overpaying. Briguy, unfortunately I think you're going to have to chalk it up to a lesson learned.

briguy
07-06-2009, 08:24 PM
http://gettheformula.com/

You certainly know who his ad copy is geared to but I think Empire Press could have done a better job. "Mr. D's" Paypal account goes by the name of the Master Linens Company, whatever that is. Next time I see a $70K painting I want, I'll make sure to play a $48 pick 6 so I can afford it. No documentation of anything. His testimonial is some anonymous guy who thanked him for the $29K he won at the track that day with the RHPI Formula. And of course, the formula's creator is a physicist.

I think 69 cents for the formula would be overpaying. Briguy, unfortunately I think you're going to have to chalk it up to a lesson learned.

You may very well be right, Isosa54, but I thought the one thing that may have given the seller some credibility was the account being tied in with what appears to be a legitiment company with an actual website. Still, as you point out there is some anuminity on the system website that is concerning.

Tom Barrister
07-07-2009, 02:36 AM
Primitive webpage design.

I've seen the racetrack link page somewhere else. Probably copied.

Whole come-on sounds like that of a huckster.

Why is he selling something that made him millions for a mere $69.95?

Not even software.

Probably based on favorable situations (i.e. last race within 60 days), and the best rated factors. In other words, it's a chalk picker, like briguy believes. Chalk pickers don't show a profit.

Doubt it works.

Triopstor
09-10-2009, 07:18 AM
Hello,

Is there any matter clever with this selection system that you purchased? Any rule or weight that may seem to give the selection system an edge? Even if this mostly picks the favourites do they win at a high percent say 39.00%?

pandy
09-10-2009, 04:16 PM
There was an old system called The Formula put out by Bob Pandolfo, who posts here. I don't think he sells it anymore but it is incorporated into his Diamond System, which produces the following ratings from it (Bob's words):

FORMULA PACE, FORMULA SPEED, FORMULA KICK (great for turf races and all routes), and FORMULA POWER.

That's correct, the original method took too long to do with a calculator, but now the Formula ratings are printed with the Diamond System. The Kick rating is potent for routes and turf.

Triopstor
09-11-2009, 06:30 AM
I looked at the sales ad for gettheformula, and seems this is for exoctics such as pick 6's so maybe this selection system is not designed for use of just one horse win wagering. Hope that helps.

briguy
09-12-2009, 05:53 PM
yes, you are correct. It IS actually designed for exotics. I look at the top three and how they are graded. Results have been disapointing.