PDA

View Full Version : Where have you gone-Frank Lyons?

llegend39
07-05-2009, 06:44 AM
Does anyone know where Frank Lyons has been? Havent seen him on TVG for about a month now My emails to TVG fall on deaf ears. I was wondering if he is hungover somewhere or his comments on air finally got him in trouble I kind of enjoyed him.( I know some one here could care less)

framarco
07-05-2009, 08:24 AM
Frank is not only the most knowledgeable-along with Tom Amoss-person on TVG, he is the funniest. After watching them for so many years, I believe that Frank is probably over in Europe trying to find horses for his clients and himself.
He will probably be back for Del Mar.

JustRalph
07-05-2009, 12:25 PM
I read somewhere that he is working as a bloodstock advisor full time

Relwob Owner
07-05-2009, 01:16 PM
I read somewhere that he is working as a bloodstock advisor full time

I may be in the minority, but I dont miss him at all....he was often "sick" and looked like he hadnt slept all night. He also seemed to treat the other hosts the as if he was better than them. I dont think he really had a lot of respect for the job.

Imriledup
07-05-2009, 04:19 PM
Frank might know the game in some way but as an everyday, overnight-type race handicapper, he isn't very good. He's not going to be able to give you any real insight to a 10k claiming race. Lets face it, this is why we watch TVG, to get insight to help us make money.

strapper
07-05-2009, 06:23 PM
Lyons was my personal fav on TVG. I sure hope he returns.

Imriledup
07-05-2009, 08:02 PM
I miss Bryan Cox on Friday nights!

Relwob Owner
07-05-2009, 08:06 PM
I miss Bryan Cox on Friday nights!

I got to meet him, Ken, Simon and Todd opening night at Hwood in 05 and they were all awesome....

Edward DeVere
07-05-2009, 11:29 PM
I may be in the minority, but I dont miss him at all....he was often "sick" and looked like he hadnt slept all night. He also seemed to treat the other hosts the as if he was better than them. I dont think he really had a lot of respect for the job.

Not a bad summary. When he cares, he's insightful or funny or both, but he mails it in more often than the postman.

JustRalph
07-06-2009, 01:28 AM
Cox got left out because he told it like it was..........especially when it came to some trainers and breeding

lamboguy
07-06-2009, 04:54 AM
Frank might know the game in some way but as an everyday, overnight-type race handicapper, he isn't very good. He's not going to be able to give you any real insight to a 10k claiming race. Lets face it, this is why we watch TVG, to get insight to help us make money.frank know's the pinhooking game as well as anyone. he worked his around this game from being a trainer and finding connections to sell his horses.

tha man has some great lines, like one of them i love "don't let the dress fool you"!

rokitman
07-06-2009, 09:11 AM
I heard that they put him on a burning raft and pushed him out to sea. No, he wasn't dead at the time.

He needed to go.