PDA

View Full Version : Red hot Rosario

senortout
07-05-2009, 01:41 AM
J Rosario rode 5 winners on Saturdays card at Hollywood and finished 2nd, 3rd, and 2 fourths in the remaining races...not too shabby...

senortout

andymays
07-05-2009, 09:32 AM
Good Job Vic!

What gets you on the the winner of the 9th?

Did you expect Turbo Energy to be the lone speed?

v j stauffer
07-06-2009, 02:18 AM
Good Job Vic!

What gets you on the the winner of the 9th?

Did you expect Turbo Energy to be the lone speed?

Didn't really have any expectations Andy. Thought the horse would be a bit better going two turns. I like Librado Baracio. Very hard working guy with limited chances to get a top rider. He asked me to ride Turbo and Trail Mix and I was happy to give him Rosario. Worked out well for all involved.

statepierback
07-06-2009, 09:22 AM
The final two weeks of the meet should provide racing fans with one heck of a battle for the riding title. Rosario seems to be riding as if he wants the title more than R.B.

v j stauffer
07-06-2009, 12:37 PM
The final two weeks of the meet should provide racing fans with one heck of a battle for the riding title. Rosario seems to be riding as if he wants the title more than R.B.

Not sure about that. RB is a fierce competitor. He's never lost a riding title in So.Cal. 6 in a row.

Joel is 6 in front with 8 days to race. Barely feels like we have the lead. Need all the PA karma we can get. Would REALLY love to see Joel get his first title.

Should make for great theatre.

statepierback
07-06-2009, 06:09 PM
Saturday's second race is the best example of what I'm observing. Maggie and Hopie saved all the ground with a daring move while Suziqcutie took the easier rally wide trip, with that being the difference. In the final stages Rosario handling was more aggressive. It was a very close photo.
On course I may be bitter because I'd keyed Suziqcutie in everything! :bang:

andymays
07-06-2009, 06:13 PM
Saturday's second race is the best example of what I'm observing. Maggie and Hopie saved all the ground with a daring move while Suziqcutie took the easier rally wide trip, with that being the difference. In the final stages Rosario handling was more aggressive. It was a very close photo.
On course I may be bitter because I'd keyed Suziqcutie in everything! :bang:

Suziqcutie was on the way to win and when the Jock hit her left handed something happened and they lost momentum. I was cussing up a storm!

statepierback
07-06-2009, 07:41 PM
Suziqcutie was on the way to win and when the Jock hit her left handed something happened and they lost momentum. I was cussing up a storm!
Watching the final 70 on the replay its obvious something was amiss. A game of inches.