PDA

View Full Version : Fat state,lean state,which is yours?

BlueShoe
07-04-2009, 01:33 PM
Since today many of us will stuff ourselves with what is generally considered food not very healthy,ie,junk food,this interesting rather amusing article about overweight rates by location could have a few of us thinking about where we live.According to the stats,that Southern cooking does add on the pounds,and Rocky Mountain high living keeps you lean.Now--how many hot dogs,cheeseburgers,potato chips,and servings of ice cream are we having today?
www.usatoday.com/news/health/2009-07-01-most-obese-state_N.htm (http://www.usatoday.com/news/health/2009-07-01-most-obese-state_N.htm)

jballscalls
07-04-2009, 02:02 PM
my states are tied for 28th, washington and oregon. if it wasn't for me, they'd have a lower Obese rate :(

dav4463
07-04-2009, 02:55 PM
Texas is 14. New Mexico borders Texas and it is 36. That is a big swing isn't it? Just walk across the border and you can lose weight I guess!

Tom
07-04-2009, 03:13 PM
It is 3:10 pm.
So far, I have had two hot dogs and piece of fried chicken.

I have a dozen more hots to grill later, along with some hamburgers and a bucket more chicken coming in. The ice cream is waiting patiently, as are the the shrimp. The chocolate cake was sampled last night and it will certainly go well with a beer of two or ten later on while watch fireworks tonight.

Beer and Chocolate cake......reason enough to celebrate today.

NY comes in at 37 but I am doing my part to get the number lower, dog by dog.:cool:

Greyfox
07-04-2009, 04:04 PM
http://www.cartoonistgroup.com/properties/bizarro/art_images/tn_cg4a482ca79db180.jpg (http://www.cartoonistgroup.com/store/add.php?iid=35694).

dutchboy
07-04-2009, 05:02 PM
31st

Winner of Nathans today ate 68 hot dogs. 309 calories each. Total of 20,922 calories.

Tom
07-04-2009, 05:34 PM
Here is the countdown as he was eating them....

65....66..67...68...69...70...71.....72........... .........71....70....69.......68! :eek:

BlueShoe
07-05-2009, 01:48 AM
Bit of a shock that California rated a very good 41st.Thought those creamy,foamy,loaded with junk lattes that our LA and SF far left liberals just have to have every day were packed with empty calories.The libs think that they are so chic,and like to have at least two or three a day.If Starbucks ever left the state it would rate even higher on the lean list.

NJ Stinks
07-05-2009, 03:01 AM
Bit of a shock that California rated a very good 41st.Thought those creamy,foamy,loaded with junk lattes that our LA and SF far left liberals just have to have every day were packed with empty calories.The libs think that they are so chic,and like to have at least two or three a day.If Starbucks ever left the state it would rate even higher on the lean list.

Giving Republicans Colorado, 7 of 10 of the least obese states are Blue states. Whereas 18 of top 20 highest ranked overweight states are Red States.

"What's it all mean?", I ask myself? :lol:

jballscalls
07-05-2009, 10:38 AM

i agree that is surprising, but you gotta remember, california has a massive population outside the big 3 metro areas. i mean there are a few million people in the redding and fresno/merced valleys and there are by no means skinny folks there!

Marshall Bennett
07-05-2009, 10:42 AM
Giving Republicans Colorado, 7 of 10 of the least obese states are Blue states. Whereas 18 of top 20 highest ranked overweight states are Red States.

The mouths of those in blue states are too busy to be used for consuming food , or perhaps a lot of the food they prepare isn't fit to eat . :)

boxcar
07-05-2009, 10:51 AM
The mouths of those in blue states are too busy to be used for consuming food , or perhaps a lot of the food they prepare isn't fit to eat . :)

Bingo! Exactly right. Does not the mouth follow where the nose leads? How can a lib eat when he's too busy sticking his nose into other people's affairs, always imploring and begging his plantation master to give him more of what doesn't belong to him in the first place?

Boxcar

jballscalls
07-05-2009, 01:01 PM
Bingo! Exactly right. Does not the mouth follow where the nose leads? How can a lib eat when he's too busy sticking his nose into other people's affairs, always imploring and begging his plantation master to give him more of what doesn't belong to him in the first place?

Boxcar

where did your state rank boxcar?

Tom
07-05-2009, 01:34 PM

Prosperity.

boxcar
07-05-2009, 02:06 PM
where did your state rank boxcar?

The better question would have been: Where do you rank, personally, Boxcar?
You see, sir, I'm mean, lean, fit and trim -- despite whatever the trend is that may surround me. Only sheeple succumb to polls, trends, fads and the like. ;)

Boxcar

jballscalls
07-05-2009, 03:02 PM
The better question would have been: Where do you rank, personally, Boxcar?
You see, sir, I'm mean, lean, fit and trim -- despite whatever the trend is that may surround me. Only sheeple succumb to polls, trends, fads and the like. ;)

Boxcar

i was more just trying to find out where you live LOL

boxcar
07-05-2009, 04:55 PM
i was more just trying to find out where you live LOL

I live in 'gator and 'squito swampland where sometimes you'd swear the latter are larger and meaner than the former. :)

Boxcar
P.S. This translates into the not-so-great state of Florida

jognlope
07-05-2009, 04:58 PM
NYS is 37th in obesity.

Tom
07-05-2009, 05:13 PM
1st in morons.
Most of them are in office in Albany.

jballscalls
07-05-2009, 07:10 PM
I live in 'gator and 'squito swampland where sometimes you'd swear the latter are larger and meaner than the former. :)

Boxcar
P.S. This translates into the not-so-great state of Florida

so we should thank you for bushy getting in in 2000? :)

boxcar
07-05-2009, 11:46 PM
so we should thank you for bushy getting in in 2000? :)

Actually -- me, my wife and all our cats who are...registered voters. We know how to cheat with the best of them. :D

Boxcar

BlueShoe
11-17-2012, 03:49 PM
You Southern Good 'Ole Boys still chowing down? According to the this latest ranking, not a whole lot has changed in the last few years.
www.calorielab.com/news/2011/06/30/fattest-states-2011 (http://www.calorielab.com/news/2011/06/30/fattest-states-2011)

johnhannibalsmith
11-17-2012, 03:55 PM
... not a whole lot has changed in the last few years.

Surprised to see Massachussetts actually got fatter... must be an influx of unhealthy folks trying to get healthcare so they can live longer... :D

Tom
11-17-2012, 04:04 PM
NY dropped three places - must be those 32 ouncers.

BlueShoe
11-18-2012, 10:15 AM
Next time around the Twinkie Effect should shake up the rankings. We need an in depth study to determine the per capita annual consumption by state of this soon to be missed essential diet staple and how it's demise will determine how fat folks vs. thin folks adjust. ;) :)