PDA

View Full Version : Parsing Brisnet Race Summary Reports

markgoldie
07-04-2009, 11:34 AM
There is a thread currently active in the forum regarding the Full Card reports and the possible ways to parse the reports for winning angles.

My current opinion, as stated on that thread is that the FCR is clearly deficient in ways that the Bris Race Summaries are not.

Therefore, I was wondering if any of the forum have had success parsing the many angles that could be derived from using specific Bris values. For example, Bris breaks out: Speed last race; Back speed, Current class; Average class last three, Prime Power (the famous one), Early pace last race; Late pace last race; Average pace and speed for the distance and surface; best pace; Average race rating (this is the strength of the race in which the horse raced); Final speed (fig) numbers last four races; Average racing speed (final-time figs); full track bias stats; race pars; and others.

As I have stated before in other threads, I use these numbers as my basic handicapping tools. However, there is so much information here, I'm sure there are many uses other than what I employ.

I realize the Bris stuff is not very sexy, being in black and white and showing no fancy icons. But this kind of information could lend itself to a world of angles. Anyone have any favorites??

Mark

cmoore
07-04-2009, 11:57 AM
There is a thread currently active in the forum regarding the Full Card reports and the possible ways to parse the reports for winning angles.

My current opinion, as stated on that thread is that the FCR is clearly deficient in ways that the Bris Race Summaries are not.

Therefore, I was wondering if any of the forum have had success parsing the many angles that could be derived from using specific Bris values. For example, Bris breaks out: Speed last race; Back speed, Current class; Average class last three, Prime Power (the famous one), Early pace last race; Late pace last race; Average pace and speed for the distance and surface; best pace; Average race rating (this is the strength of the race in which the horse raced); Final speed (fig) numbers last four races; Average racing speed (final-time figs); full track bias stats; race pars; and others.

As I have stated before in other threads, I use these numbers as my basic handicapping tools. However, there is so much information here, I'm sure there are many uses other than what I employ.

I realize the Bris stuff is not very sexy, being in black and white and showing no fancy icons. But this kind of information could lend itself to a world of angles. Anyone have any favorites??

Mark

I used to look for average pace and speed for the distance figure added up that had a 10 point advantage on the field..I would get some nice wire to wire winners..

In maiden races..Look at the AWD figure..In sprints..look at the lowest AWD's and bet the over lays..

When it comes to class in maiden races..The spi number will lead you in the right direction sometimes..Remember VALUE is the final factor no matter what angle you look at..

fmolf
07-04-2009, 01:06 PM

Mark
the permutations combining these different factors are endless.I have nothing specific to report.I use mostly an Ainslie style comprehensive method.I really like the acl rating and use this to determine if a horse can be competitive in todays race.prime power is overbet most of the time ...but I do use it to ferret out false favorites.i have caught a gew good winners looking at back speed in combination with a high acl rating compared to the field.I demand a big price on these horses because they are usually horses that need a form reversal.With back speed above the par for the race...and a high acl rating sometimes longshots with backclass can be found.

coach_lowe
07-04-2009, 02:34 PM
I use the BRIS summary ALMOST exclusively. However, I never use the factors as a stand alone prescription for success. But when the factors are used in combination with other specific factors, you can find definite overlays using nothing but the summary. I've been playing this way for over two years now and have turned a profit doing so. For me, the key lies in being able to interpret the information within the summary and then applying it to each TYPE of race.

coach_lowe
07-04-2009, 02:47 PM

Mark

I've had success spotting positive and negative class droppers using the summary by looking at the avg race rating and the ACL in combination. For a positive drop, look for a horse with wheeling back within a couple of weeks of it's last out that has a high race rating but a lower ACL number. For negative droppers, you will usually see horse who is dropping in class with a high ACL number and a high avg RR number. Of course, finding the negative drops can also be trainer/owner specific.