PDA

View Full Version : Duhh! Ya think??

Bruddah
07-03-2009, 05:57 PM
Taken from the BloodHorse.

Churchill general manager Jim Gates told The Courier-Journal that the city clearly loves the experiment held over three nights in the past two weeks.

Because of the high turnout, Churchill is asking spectators and fans to vote on whether to make it a permanent fixture.

Well, Churchill is learning you've got to put butts in those seats. Even if they may not be the strongest bettors and lower their betting averages per Capita. Something many of you smart players haven't recognized either.

Here's something they will also eventually notice. Those butts buying beverages and other concessions are profitable. Let's see? Either 20% average take (gross profit) per dollar received from betting, or 60% average gross profit per dollar received from concessions? Even inbred Blue Bloods should be able to figure that one out. Even if Daddy did purchase thier Wharton MBA's on line.

Now you Kentucky spectators, fans and bettors be sure to vote. Churchill may not have these Friday nite races anymore, if you don't vote YES! :lol: They don't recognize record attendance as a YES vote. Those guys are a bunch of Maroons! :D

cj
07-03-2009, 08:43 PM
Other than the "that is the way it has always been" explanation, I've never understood why racing isn't conducted at night on weekdays at all the major tracks.

Why cater to the horsemen? Run when the people that actually have disposable income might want to bet...there is a novel idea.

PaceAdvantage
07-03-2009, 11:36 PM
It's probably that ultra-powerful harness racing lobby....:rolleyes:

Irish Boy
07-03-2009, 11:45 PM
Other than the "that is the way it has always been" explanation, I've never understood why racing isn't conducted at night on weekdays at all the major tracks.

Why cater to the horsemen? Run when the people that actually have disposable income might want to bet...there is a novel idea.

Are many tracks equipped to handle night racing? What type of capital outlays would be required to make it a possibility at tracks where night racing has ever been done?

Bruddah
07-04-2009, 01:11 AM
Night Racing in the summer months, Monday thru Saturday nite makes complete sense. With daylight savings time, only the last couple of races need lights. Leave it as is for Sunday afternoons. Winter nites in cold weather states doesn't make as much sense to me.

Butts in the Bleachers Marketing should be aimed at local folks wanting something to do in the summer evenings. This would probably mean the 18-40 group. Can we say introducing new fans to the sport. :ThmbUp:

Bruddah
07-04-2009, 01:22 AM
Are many tracks equipped to handle night racing? What type of capital outlays would be required to make it a possibility at tracks where night racing has ever been done?

I bet it is cheaper than converting to plastic crap and putting in a new surface every couple of years. It would be a capital improvement worthy of the investment, with a quantifiable ROI. :eek: :lol:

newtothegame
07-04-2009, 01:31 AM
I tried to go back and find a story on the net about this here at the fair grounds in new orleans but was unable. But I do recall some years ago, they tried to get this passed. Problem was that the fair grounds sits right in the middle of many neighborhoods. I mean in some instances you can actually toss a rock from your yard almost onto the track. The "neighbors" complained about lighting and sounds from night racing. I know personally, it would allow the fair grounds to be able to beat some of the summer heat and allow for more racing throughouot the year providing they could fill the card (and I am pretty sure that wouldnt be an issue).

fmolf
07-04-2009, 03:50 AM

they might actually get more than a few thousand at belmont!Why in the hell would they want that!

NY BRED
07-04-2009, 07:43 AM
Duh,maqybe you should do the math and calculate the huge $$$
loss by not telecasting on TVG, especially when you run night racing