PDA

View Full Version : BRIS dropping the ball

cj
07-03-2009, 12:47 PM
Still no run ups available in the comma delimited charts. Several emails over the last month have gotten nothing but the run around.

andymays
07-03-2009, 01:10 PM
Still no run ups available in the comma delimited charts. Several emails over the last month have gotten nothing but the run around.

DRF doesn't have them either although they promised they were working on them.

Got to give Equibase (they have run ups and rail positions)the credit they deserve!

njcurveball
07-03-2009, 01:13 PM
HDW has incorporated them into their comma delimied charts as of June 9, 2009.

Sometimes a small company that cares is much better than a large corporation. :ThmbUp:

cj
07-03-2009, 01:29 PM
HDW has incorporated them into their comma delimied charts as of June 9, 2009.

Sometimes a small company that cares is much better than a large corporation. :ThmbUp:

Thanks, I've already told them they are on the verge of losing a customer. That got me "I'll check on Tuesday".

DJofSD
07-03-2009, 02:03 PM
cj, just as a guess, they're probably not going to update the data file downloads until the software they offer can handle the new data.

banacek
07-03-2009, 03:20 PM
I'd be happy if BRIS could get the form up for tomorrow's Hastings. The draw was Wed morning and BRIS has had the entries listed since Wed...with ML odds since yesterday. I did call 3 hours ago and they said they get it up right away..reminds me of the old days where I'd be waiting for the form to arrive at the newstand.And then there is Sunday's card...which also has the entries up with ML odds...

formula_2002
07-03-2009, 04:01 PM
ok, I googled it and i'm sure you guys are not talking about ;

"The term "run-up" is a cricketing term which refers to the approach a bowler makes when preparing to deliver the ball."

So what is it your are talking about.
can it be rated? :)

Thanks

banacek
07-03-2009, 04:05 PM
And then there is Sunday's card...which also has the entries up with ML odds...

Ah, they just put up Sunday's card.

Now I will sit patiently and wait for Saturday's past performances. Funny, I thought Saturday came before Sunday :bang:

andymays
07-03-2009, 04:08 PM
ok, I googled it and i'm sure you guys are not talking about ;

"The term "run-up" is a cricketing term which refers to the approach a bowler makes when preparing to deliver the ball."

So what is it your are talking about.
can it be rated? :)

Thanks

A run up distance is the distance from the starting gate to the timer (when the timer is started). Run up distances can vary greatly, for example Hollywood Park 6f turf sprint is an 8 foot run up and Del Mar 1 mile on the main track has a 220 ft. run up before the timer starts!

takeout
07-03-2009, 04:38 PM
Ah, they just put up Sunday's card.

Now I will sit patiently and wait for Saturday's past performances. Funny, I thought Saturday came before Sunday :bang:Usually happens around holidays. Key people gone, I guess. Frustrating.

rrbauer
07-03-2009, 04:54 PM

BRIS is in the midst of a hardware platform change which combined with programer layoffs has left them stretched thin in their ability to respond to software changes in short order. That's the reason. Don't know what they're saying for public consumption.

Probably CJ and I are the only people who have inquired about that data becoming available in their downloads. When I asked about it last month I was told, "We will be working on it."

DJofSD
07-03-2009, 04:58 PM
"We will be working in it." Future tense meaning it hasn't even started yet. Great.

formula_2002
07-03-2009, 05:03 PM
A run up distance is the distance from the starting gate to the timer (when the timer is started). Run up distances can vary greatly, for example Hollywood Park 6f turf sprint is an 8 foot run up and Del Mar 1 mile on the main track has a 220 ft. run up before the timer starts!
Ah, thanks
I've been around so long, i have to start going back to remember what i forgot.
it use to be maked by the guy with the flag.. :blush:

cj
07-03-2009, 05:04 PM
BRIS is in the midst of a hardware platform change which combined with programer layoffs has left them stretched thin in their ability to respond to software changes in short order. That's the reason. Don't know what they're saying for public consumption.

Probably CJ and I are the only people who have inquired about that data becoming available in their downloads. When I asked about it last month I was told, "We will be working on it."

Honestly, this cannot be that hard. I would imagine one programmer could handle it in a day. Their layoffs aren't my problem. I'm thinking it is time to move on to HDW.

cj
07-03-2009, 05:05 PM
Ah, thanks
I've been around so long, i have to start going back to remember what i forgot.
it use to be maked by the guy with the flag.. :blush:

The guy with the flag is not marking the run up.

DJofSD
07-03-2009, 05:24 PM
Honestly, this cannot be that hard. I would imagine one programmer could handle it in a day. Their layoffs aren't my problem. I'm thinking it is time to move on to HDW.
Hmmm, that brings up this question: does HDW have those additional data items now?

cj
07-03-2009, 05:26 PM
Someone said earlier in this thread yes.

Tom
07-03-2009, 05:27 PM
We have had temp rails for a long time now and the run up distances were added the day they were available. HDW is first class. The comma charts have are very good.

CBedo
07-03-2009, 06:26 PM

Probably CJ and I are the only people who have inquired about that data becoming available in their downloads. When I asked about it last month I was told, "We will be working on it."I got the same response, and it shouldn't be that hard to add to one of the "RESERVED" columns.

formula_2002
07-03-2009, 07:11 PM
The guy with the flag is not marking the run up.
Perhaps I should have been clearer.
The distance from the front door of the starting gate to the point where the flag man was positioned , was the "run up" ,and when he "dropped" the flag, the clock started.

I'm going back afew years.I assume thats how it is today whenever a flag is used.

I'm not sure which part of the horse (or horses) need to engage the flagmans mark before he is allowed to drop the flag.
The flagmans position is the actual start of the race.

I hope he is positiond "race distance" from the finish line. :)

That brings up another thought I have often, and it can be included with racing distances.

If there is at least one turn in the race, the overall race distance is not finite.
We have yet to master the math that would measure the finite lenght of the circumference of a circle. :)
I guess you could also apply that thought to the distance required when a horse "circles" the another.