PDA

View Full Version : Do schedule times at Woodbine mean anything?

lansdale
07-02-2009, 03:22 PM
This may seem like a trivial question, but I've lost a lot of money lately when races went off ahead of schedule, and I'd just like to know what others have experienced. From my experience the big-circuit tracks generally go off on schedule, and the farther down the line one goes in size and quality the less scheduled times mean. Usually, I allow for these differences and there is no problem. But I think of Woodbine as, generally a big track, and the races nearly always goes off as scheduled - unless I have an overlay running, in which case they go off eight minutes ahead of time, as did the 4th race today. This has happened to me a few times there recently. This is not a prime track for me, but I do play it, and would like to know if this is something to expect. Any feedback appreciated.

cmoore
07-02-2009, 03:49 PM
This may seem like a trivial question, but I've lost a lot of money lately when races went off ahead of schedule, and I'd just like to know what others have experienced. From my experience the big-circuit tracks generally go off on schedule, and the farther down the line one goes in size and quality the less scheduled times mean. Usually, I allow for these differences and there is no problem. But I think of Woodbine as, generally a big track, and the races nearly always goes off as scheduled - unless I have an overlay running, in which case they go off eight minutes ahead of time, as did the 4th race today. This has happened to me a few times there recently. This is not a prime track for me, but I do play it, and would like to know if this is something to expect. Any feedback appreciated.

I was thinking the same thing..I print and sort all maiden races in post time order..Charles Town is always behind schedule..Woodbine for some reason was ahead of schedule..