PDA

View Full Version : More hypocracy from the Jockey Club ..Toe grabs at Delaware pk.

slewis
07-01-2009, 08:40 PM
Delaware Park racing officials announced over one week ago that trainers can immediately use toe grabs on all horses racing on the dirt.

The announcement appears on each days overnight.

Trainers were constantly complaining about horses losing footing causing injury and muscle strains.

I have emailed the Jockey Club 3 times for an explanation or a response and have received NONE.
Tomorrow I will call looking for an explanation and a response but, guess what, I bet I get none. There has been nothing reported in the Daily Racing Form or any of the other "racing media" in bed with TJC including the Janney-Phipps controlled Bloodhorse.

Delaware has several Graded Stakes races coming up in mid-July...Guess their Graded status will be stripped:lol: :lol: :lol: .Not.

We'll see.

joanied
07-02-2009, 03:46 PM
Now that's an interesting tid-bit...please try and keep us up to date...or maybe Delaware is immune to the ruling about toe grabs...or, it just came to me:bang: ...slewis, and I may be way wrong....but is the toe grab rule applied to all feet...or just the fronts? Summer Bird wore hind foot grabs for the Belmont.

macguy
07-02-2009, 04:59 PM
Now that's an interesting tid-bit...please try and keep us up to date...or maybe Delaware is immune to the ruling about toe grabs...or, it just came to me:bang: ...slewis, and I may be way wrong....but is the toe grab rule applied to all feet...or just the fronts? Summer Bird wore hind foot grabs for the Belmont.

I'm fairly certain the exact (jockey club) rule is no toe grabs on front shoes greater than 2mm.
As far as I know there are no restrictions on rear toe grabs.

slewis
07-02-2009, 06:04 PM
I'm fairly certain the exact (jockey club) rule is no toe grabs on front shoes greater than 2mm.

Correct......

slewis
07-02-2009, 06:12 PM

Just front shoes.... all around is the next "goal" of the Jockey Club.

Correct about Summer Bird.... Watched him school during Belmont wk.

FenceBored
07-02-2009, 06:13 PM

Is it the Jockey Club involved, or the American Graded Stakes Committee (http://www.toba.org/graded-stakes/), which is a TOBA beast?

In addition, the committee adopted a requirement for grade eligibility whereby states or racetracks through house rules must adopt the ARCI model rule on toe grabs on front feet by January 1, 2009 or the date of a state or track’s first graded stake in 2009. If the rule is not adopted, then races will lose their graded status. Those races will become eligible for grading once the rule is adopted.

-- AGSC Changes.pdf (http://www.toba.org/news/2008/AGSC%20Eligibility%20Changes.pdf)

macguy
07-02-2009, 06:35 PM
Is it the Jockey Club involved, or the American Graded Stakes Committee (http://www.toba.org/graded-stakes/), which is a TOBA beast?

In addition, the committee adopted a requirement for grade eligibility whereby states or racetracks through house rules must adopt the ARCI model rule on toe grabs on front feet by January 1, 2009 or the date of a state or track’s first graded stake in 2009. If the rule is not adopted, then races will lose their graded status. Those races will become eligible for grading once the rule is adopted.

-- AGSC Changes.pdf (http://www.toba.org/news/2008/AGSC%20Eligibility%20Changes.pdf)

Yes, I believe it is the stakes committee, not the jockey club.

slewis
07-02-2009, 07:56 PM
Yes, I believe it is the stakes committee, not the jockey club.

As I posted on an earlier thread when the whole toe-grab, mud calk, etc, ban went into effect, the elite powers that control Thoroughbred racing in the United States are on the Bd of trustees of major Tracks, committees, and the Jockey club and TOBA....

It's all one big "rich boy club" whose goal is to control and dominate racing on THEIR terms. They are politically powerful and extremely wealthy and use that wealth and power to advance their AGENDA.

Since their trainers horses dont race in what they labeled "traction shoes", they manipulated data showing the danger (which does not really exist) then strong armed all the member tracks with the threat of taking Gr status away.
This gave track management (who they really control for the most part) an excuse or "out" when trainers pressured that management into complying with their "suggestion" to ban all "traction shoes".. (why would anyone ban a shoe that gives a horse more traction anyway).

Racetrack CEO's and Presidents (like Charlie Haywood at NYRA) just said "We have no choice to comply, we cant lose our important Graded race status".

What BS. This is the biggest con job I've ever seen... Trainers continue to complain silently, all fearful of typical reprisals...( Fewer stalls, less opportunity, etc).
Except now the Delaware horseman got so fed up of their horses getting injured NOT wearing a shoe that helps with their traction, they banned together and management at Delaware cowered. Let's see if the graded status is pulled... MOST TRAINERS at other tracks feel the same way, trust me.

CryingForTheHorses
07-02-2009, 08:25 PM
As I posted on an earlier thread when the whole toe-grab, mud calk, etc, ban went into effect, the elite powers that control Thoroughbred racing in the United States are on the Bd of trustees of major Tracks, committees, and the Jockey club and TOBA....

It's all one big "rich boy club" whose goal is to control and dominate racing on THEIR terms. They are politically powerful and extremely wealthy and use that wealth and power to advance their AGENDA.

Since their trainers horses dont race in what they labeled "traction shoes", they manipulated data showing the danger (which does not really exist) then strong armed all the member tracks with the threat of taking Gr status away.
This gave track management (who they really control for the most part) an excuse or "out" when trainers pressured that management into complying with their "suggestion" to ban all "traction shoes".. (why would anyone ban a shoe that gives a horse more traction anyway).

Racetrack CEO's and Presidents (like Charlie Haywood at NYRA) just said "We have no choice to comply, we cant lose our important Graded race status".

What BS. This is the biggest con job I've ever seen... Trainers continue to complain silently, all fearful of typical reprisals...( Fewer stalls, less opportunity, etc).
Except now the Delaware horseman got so fed up of their horses getting injured NOT wearing a shoe that helps with their traction, they banned together and management at Delaware cowered. Let's see if the graded status is pulled... MOST TRAINERS at other tracks feel the same way, trust me.

I agree with you,Banning toegrabs isnt the answer to many injuries horses suffer during training,I myself feel controled training with each and every horse is very important.You get these big outfits putting their horses on the wood everyday,Exercise riders letting them roll so they walk home,People are asking what happens to the horses...Look at the huge outfits that hurt 20 to get one horse there.I see outfits that have many to come in if one gets hurt..In all honesty,The claiming game is also to blame as in this day and age,You cram them to make a buck until they can go no longer.