PDA

View Full Version : Julie Krone the Movie. The Boys Club!

andymays
07-01-2009, 02:57 PM
http://www.theboysclubmovie.com/

Always loved Julie Krone!

andymays
07-01-2009, 03:30 PM
You can say that for some Jockeys, Horses just run for them. Julie Krone was one of those Jockeys.

W2G
07-01-2009, 05:29 PM
"An unflinching and vivid look at the brutal world of horse racing..."

Ok, I'm just a little nervous with that description.

andymays
07-01-2009, 05:34 PM

I hope movie doesn't just bash all the male jockeys and stuff like that. I'm sure she put up with a lot but hearing her called names throughout the whole thing would be too much.

andymays
07-01-2009, 10:55 PM
http://www.theboysclubmovie.com/

Always loved Julie Krone!

I can't believe more people aren't commenting on Julie Krone.

jballscalls
07-01-2009, 10:56 PM
never really got to see her ride, sorry

DanG
07-02-2009, 08:23 AM
I can't believe more people aren't commenting on Julie Krone.
Love her; can’t wait to see it…thanks for the heads up.

I’m not ashamed to admit; I literally had a crush on her as a teenager at Monmouth Park. Not a good financial strategy btw to be in love with a rider who is bet beyond reason. :blush: :D

Grits
07-02-2009, 08:45 AM

I agree. One has no idea which direction the film will take. The word "brutal" is not a positive in regard to the presentation and the run up to this film. Not in any way. And those connected with the film should be made aware of this.

The film is not about hockey. Hockey is brutal. Horseracing is not.

jballscalls
07-02-2009, 03:47 PM
The film is not about hockey. Hockey is brutal. Horseracing is not.

getting nailed at the wire is always BRUTAL!

joanied
07-02-2009, 04:04 PM
andymays...you da man:ThmbUp: thanks so much for the heads up...why is it we hadn't heard about this movie yet?
I can't wait....this one should be really good...wonder who will play Julie in the movie...
I can relate 100% to what Julie went through...when I started working on Belmont's backside, there may have been a half dozen other women there...maybe...and beleive me, every man under the shed rows tried giving me a hard time...but like Julie...I didn't take shit from any of them...maybe growing up on the mean streets of Brooklyn, being a 'tom-boy' served me well once I got to Belmont...or maybe, like Julie, I wanted a life on the track and no man was gonna scare me away from it...and I still have a hell of a handshake, arms like a rider and could curse any man under the table:jump:
I admire her, always have, always will....my kinda gal:ThmbUp:

pandy
07-02-2009, 08:45 PM
You can say that for some Jockeys, Horses just run for them. Julie Krone was one of those Jockeys.

I couldn't agree with you more. She was a natural. I always thought that she had a special connection with a racehorse that very few jockeys ever have. What she accomplished was extraordinary, in a man's world.