PDA

View Full Version : which is neg or positive

BIG HIT
07-01-2009, 10:34 AM
Hey guys how do you deal with horse dropping or move up in price and yet the condition are harder example $5000n1y to $4000n3y or $5000n2x to $4000n2l these are kinda confuseing to me as really better spot or worse.
As most condition above except for n2l i think let multi winners in them?

lamboguy
07-01-2009, 10:45 AM
nickle non-winners are more likely to have open dropdowns from 7500 or 10,000 tags in it than the 3 in the year 4000. it all depends what you find in the race that you are looking at.

philadelphia straight nickles are as tough as they come these days. the purse is $21,000 for the race. beaten 7500's are only $18,000 purses.

markgoldie
07-01-2009, 11:35 AM
Not familiar with DRF pps's, but the Bris pp's give you a class rating represented as a number. This is generated, not by how the condition is written, but by an analysis of the strength of the horses entered in to that race. Of course, if you think about it, this is by far the more important criteria. Personally, I never even look at the conditons of any race. I let the numbers do the talking. If a horse is moving up in class, it will be reflected in the fact that some of his competition have been able to perform reasonably well in races with a higher "race-rating number". If he is moving down in class, it will be shown by his competitions' lower race-rating numbers.

And as Paul Simon said, "Oh but my lack of education hasn't hurt me none...'Cause I can read the writing on the wall." For me, field-strength numbers are the writing on the wall, that clarify this issue.

Mark

fmolf
07-01-2009, 12:37 PM
Not familiar with DRF pps's, but the Bris pp's give you a class rating represented as a number. This is generated, not by how the condition is written, but by an analysis of the strength of the horses entered in to that race. Of course, if you think about it, this is by far the more important criteria. Personally, I never even look at the conditons of any race. I let the numbers do the talking. If a horse is moving up in class, it will be reflected in the fact that some of his competition have been able to perform reasonably well in races with a higher "race-rating number". If he is moving down in class, it will be shown by his competitions' lower race-rating numbers.

And as Paul Simon said, "Oh but my lack of education hasn't hurt me none...'Cause I can read the writing on the wall." For me, field-strength numbers are the writing on the wall, that clarify this issue.

Marki use the same method in addition to comparing these ratings to the acl ratings in the race summary.This helps me determine if the horse is competitve at todays level.These ratings are invaluable to determine class within class and even same class levels across different tracks.

BIG HIT
07-01-2009, 04:17 PM
Big Big Help