PDA

View Full Version : Breeders cup

chrisl
06-30-2009, 08:39 PM
Me and my wife would like to spend our 25th wedding anniversary, at the breeders cup this year. Anyone who has been their last year, or know the area to suggest hotels any tips etc. I would like to get any info on spending the day in the infield? Any thoughts on where to sit. Any help would be great Chris

andymays
06-30-2009, 09:04 PM
It's in Arcadia California. Other than that in any normal year everything would be sold out but this year may be different because of the economy.

DJofSD
06-30-2009, 10:49 PM
The first BC at SAX I was in the infield. Big mistake. Perhaps it's better now if there's lots of TV monitors to watch. But why watch it on a TV when you right there at the event?

Spring the bucks and get a decent view from the grandstands.

BombsAway Bob
06-30-2009, 11:37 PM
BREEDERS' CUP TICKET UPDATE -- MORE THAN 50% SOLD

With the implementation of a fan-friendly, on-line purchasing system, more than half of this year's Breeders' Cup reserved tickets has been sold with more than four months remaining before the World Championships at Santa Anita Park. Tickets may be purchased at www.breederscup.com/Tickets (http://www.breederscup.com/Tickets).

PaceAdvantage
07-01-2009, 03:06 AM
I highly recommend that if you are interested in the BC, you click on the BC ad that appears regularly on this website....top right of your page...smallish square box...wink wink....:lol:

W2G
07-01-2009, 10:18 AM
Me and my wife would like to spend our 25th wedding anniversary, at the breeders cup this year. Anyone who has been their last year, or know the area to suggest hotels any tips etc. I would like to get any info on spending the day in the infield? Any thoughts on where to sit. Any help would be great Chris

Great choice for an anniversary trip. Sunny skies, fast and firm. Can't wait, I'll be there again which will mark my third BC at SA. Let's hope that wildfire season has no impact.

I stay with a friend so have no advice on hotels. Arcadia strikes me as a sleepy, nondescript kind of place. As far as "racing energy" goes, Saratoga Springs it's not. Hopefully others have some advice on lodging.

Why the infield? They probably offer a variety of seating options out there but the infield feels detached to me -- cut off from the buzz in the grandstand. Then again, maybe that's just what you're looking for.

BombsAway Bob
07-01-2009, 11:35 AM
I highly recommend that if you are interested in the BC, you click on the BC ad that appears regularly on this website....top right of your page...smallish square box...wink wink....:lol:
You know, I looked for that AD last night before posting B.C.ticket link...
"Sorry 'Bout that, Chief!"

PaceAdvantage
07-01-2009, 11:32 PM
Actually, I think the BC ad campaign ended here yesterday....so scratch that idea...lol