PDA

View Full Version : Great day for the democrats

Boats
06-30-2009, 04:26 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QOaldDCz72k

Cogratulations Al!

ArlJim78
06-30-2009, 04:59 PM
Republicans have to win by larger margins. Democrats keep on counting until they get the desired result, that's why they all keep extra boxes of votes in their trunks.

Jesse the Body - govenor?
Stuart Smally - senator?
somebody better get up to Minnesota and check their water because obviously there is something toxic that is causing brain damage.

NJ Stinks
06-30-2009, 05:10 PM
At least Al Gore gave it up in a timely fashion. This crybaby in Minnesota needs to visit Canterbury Downs so he can learn to lose with dignity! :lol:

boxcar
06-30-2009, 05:26 PM
At least Al Gore gave it up in a timely fashion.

...which at the time, did not sit well at all with you leftists. Glad to see, though, that time has healed some people's wounds. :rolleyes:

This crybaby in Minnesota needs to visit Canterbury Downs so he can learn to lose with dignity! :lol:

I suspect that in 2010 most of the crybabies will be found on the other side of the aisle.

Boxcar

Rookies
06-30-2009, 05:40 PM
Personally, I found Franken's "acceptance " speech rather contrite, boring and centrist. I trust that he's not going to act THAT way in the Senate. Especially over the past few months, I've listened to so many from both sides. The Reids of the place and his counterparts on the right are incredibly boring and mundane.

I'm thinking we need all the certifiable screaming loons in that place to really end the entitled privilege. Start electing the Frankens, Carvilles, Windbags, Hannitys of the world and ensure that they're all in full loud throat ! Bring on the bread and circuses instead of the dull and dreary payola !

Once a year, the rules should be relaxed to allow the Boxcars & HCAPs of the world to sit in judgment in the gallery, drinking, smoking and yelling out insults to anyone they thought was b.s.-ing them. Special bonus rule: Ok, Boxcar can bring ONE Uzi, just to make a tolerance point.

As we say in the Great White North: " GAME ON "

bigmack
06-30-2009, 05:46 PM
Say you get some sort of scandal in MN and there are a number of press conferences with the Gov's wife by his side. Which of the two would you rather spend time looking at?

A real disservice. :rolleyes:

http://i165.photobucket.com/albums/u70/macktime/laurie-coleman.jpg
Laurie Coleman

http://i165.photobucket.com/albums/u70/macktime/FF.jpg
Fannie Franken (in the pink)

Rookies
06-30-2009, 05:47 PM
Big Mack:

VERY, VERY hard to disagree... :ThmbUp: :D

Tom
07-01-2009, 08:23 AM
The circus that is the senate gets a perfect clown.
Took 6 months to manipulate the counting, but they finally got it to go their way. :lol:

newtothegame
07-01-2009, 08:39 AM
:) http://www.rightpundits.com/wp-content/photos/al_franken_43.jpg (http://www.rightpundits.com/?pp_album=main&pp_cat=asshats&pp_image=al_franken_43.jpg)
Sentor-Select Al Franken LD-MN

prospector
07-01-2009, 10:51 AM
:) http://www.rightpundits.com/wp-content/photos/al_franken_43.jpg (http://www.rightpundits.com/?pp_album=main&pp_cat=asshats&pp_image=al_franken_43.jpg)
Sentor-Select Al Franken LD-MN
sentor? isn't this the state with 25 polling places with more votes than voters? acorn in action...:lol:

Lefty
07-01-2009, 11:33 AM
prospector, yep. kinda like the Iran election, don'tcha think?

BlueShoe
07-01-2009, 11:53 AM
Am sure that Comrade Franken will fit in just fine with his fellow Bolsheviks on his side of the Senate aisle.

ArlJim78
07-01-2009, 12:24 PM
http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/washington/images/2008/09/21/alfrankendiapers.jpg

thank you Minnesota!

ddog
07-01-2009, 12:50 PM
Comic relief on both sides of the isle is all the senate is good for.

Anyone that STILL thinks that the "election" of a member to that body means anything is just plain delusional and needs mental help.

I say we should just make the current members Senators for LIFE and end all the games.
Once they are passed just stuff em and leave em in the seats.

Within 30-40 years we will then have a chance to recover as a country.

It's corrupt and corrupting and the people that stay in there are the worst of the worst in this country.
The people in there for the most part have as much in common with the vast majority of Americans as I do with Jesus!

Check out the guest list at your next dinner party if you don't believe me.
Then run next door and check out Rubin/Cinton or Bush/Paulson guest list.

You will at that point be where the "LAW" is set.

:faint:

ArlJim78
07-01-2009, 12:58 PM
Anyone that STILL thinks that the "election" of a member to that body means anything is just plain delusional and needs mental help.

the major votes are running close to 100% along party lines. the stimulus passed due to three Republican RINO turncoats in the senate. and you claim it doesn't matter who is elected to the senate? keep trying, eventually you'll post something that makes sense. Pat Buchanan would be disappointed.

ddog
07-01-2009, 01:16 PM
the major votes are running close to 100% along party lines. the stimulus passed due to three Republican RINO turncoats in the senate. and you claim it doesn't matter who is elected to the senate? keep trying, eventually you'll post something that makes sense. Pat Buchanan would be disappointed.

Arj

I will ask you one question and if you can honestly view it you will know you are fooling yourself.

Would Bush have done anything different and when the people seemed 300-1 against the previous measures did they still pass?

If the pugs REALLY cared about the issues they could shut the place down.

The Senate could have and still could be made to kill the junk.

The pugs have enough votes to do it , yet they still pass.

funny that!

P.S.

I notice you had to mention Pugs turncoats. Well they were elected as Pugs right?

Still didn't stop it right?

So, the value of elections would be???

Once they are elected and in the "system" they will ALWAYS have an excuse to vote for the good of the country in some way contrary to their stated b.s. from campaign time.

You are the one who is not making sense since you CAN'T see that the two choice you are normally given are already "of a type" that is playing within the corrupt system that spawns the elections.

We have had this talk before and it gets tiresome since it's so plain to see if you are willing to open your eyes.

And for the Record Pat believes this in spades.

Otherwise why would he have tried to get a third way going several time.

COme on ARJ get on board man.

ArlJim78
07-01-2009, 01:49 PM
Arj

I will ask you one question and if you can honestly view it you will know you are fooling yourself.

Would Bush have done anything different and when the people seemed 300-1 against the previous measures did they still pass?

If I can honestly view it I will know that I am fooling myself? Does that mean if I dishonestly view it I won't be fooling myself? Where do you get this stuff?

you asked two questions in the first sentence, you lost me on the rest of it. The first answer is yes if you are talking about the stimulus. the second question appears to be rhetorical, but I don't know what measures you're talking about anyway so it's anyones guess.

could you be less cryptic and write with a little specificity? its hard to know what the hell you're talking about.

LottaKash
07-01-2009, 02:16 PM
I say we should just make the current members Senators for LIFE and end all the games.

:faint:

Hey Dog, perhaps, you forgot to mention; "HAIL CAESAR", as well....:jump:

best,

bigmack
07-07-2009, 02:27 AM
I imagined a photo op like this but never thought it would happen so fast. Could it be any more perfect? Harr & Al together.

The wary look of the cat on the right sums up the expectation of many (& I mean many) of this farsical tale.

http://i165.photobucket.com/albums/u70/macktime/7_6_09_23_17_59.png

JustRalph
07-07-2009, 09:27 AM
One more clown to the pile

boxcar
07-07-2009, 10:36 AM
could you be less cryptic and write with a little specificity? its hard to know what the hell you're talking about.

:lol: :lol: :lol: I'm glad I'm not the only one around here who thinks the same thing. So many of his posts are virtually impossible to understand. I'm beginning to think this guy really is an [illegal] ALIEN -- you know the kind who arrived from space.

Boxcar

BlueShoe
07-07-2009, 04:40 PM
Comic relief on both sides of the isle is all the senate is good for.I say we should just make the current members Senators for LIFE and end all the games.

Why wait?I have a better idea,lets go the other direction.Just fire the entire Senate,all 100 of them,and elect brand new senators.While we are at it,lets go over to the House,and give another 435 bozos their pink slips.The idea of having an entire new Congress that may actually be able to do something is starting to seem very attractive.