PDA

View Full Version : Cell phone to transfer pics to my computer?

so.cal.fan
06-30-2009, 11:57 AM
I have a cell phone that is also a camera. I never use it much so don't have it set up to transfer pics.
My question, I have an old digital camera, Kodak, (hate their damn software) and will be adding more memory to my computer......we took off the kodak software added Picassa last night.
Instead of getting a new digital right now, can I use my cell phone to transfer picture ?

BillW
06-30-2009, 11:59 AM
I have a cell phone that is also a camera. I never use it much so don't have it set up to transfer pics.
My question, I have an old digital camera, Kodak, (hate their damn software) and will be adding more memory to my computer......we took off the kodak software added Picassa last night.
Instead of getting a new digital right now, can I use my cell phone to transfer picture ?

Diane,

What model cell phone do you have?

so.cal.fan
06-30-2009, 12:18 PM
Hi Bill!
My phone is a new Motorola with Verizen.
We didn't pay for text messaging or picture transfers.

BillW
06-30-2009, 12:24 PM
Hi Bill!

The "pay for" picture transfer is in regard to sending pictures by phone to someone elses phone. Downloading them to a computer would be free. Do you have a specific model number for your phone? - I'll try and look it up.

so.cal.fan
06-30-2009, 03:19 PM
Hi Bill,
It's a VU204

How's the weather down in Huston?
My pal up north of you says it's hot and muggy where he is, Dallas County.

BillW
06-30-2009, 03:25 PM
Hi Bill,
It's a VU204

How's the weather down in Huston?
My pal up north of you says it's hot and muggy where he is, Dallas County.

We're under a high pressure system here - hot and fairly dry - need rain.

I'll see what I can find on your phone - possibly Motorola sells a program to do that. Usually you have a cable that came with the phone (or that you buy as an accessory) that plugs into the USB jack.

I'll get back.

BillW
06-30-2009, 03:38 PM
As usual their "help" isn't very helpful.

It looks like there is a program on CDROM called "Motorola Phone Tools" Available at Best Buy. My suggestion would be to call around to your local Best Buys and ask if they have this available. If you decide to buy it, they usually have someone there that can make sure it will work with your phone and show you how to use it.

so.cal.fan
06-30-2009, 04:08 PM
Thanks, Bill!
I may go ask the Verizon phone people.
I'm on cable internet ISP

It's hot and has been dry here, but looks as if we are a big cooler today.
Hollywood Park has been beautiful weather. It's always about 10-15' cooler over there than here in the San Gabriel Valley.

BillW
06-30-2009, 04:17 PM
Thanks, Bill!
I may go ask the Verizon phone people.
I'm on cable internet ISP

It's hot and has been dry here, but looks as if we are a big cooler today.
Hollywood Park has been beautiful weather. It's always about 10-15' cooler over there than here in the San Gabriel Valley.

That may work - I know Best Buy is set up to give tech help with phones, Verizon may be too.

so.cal.fan
06-30-2009, 04:53 PM
Thanks, Bill I'll do that

vegasone
07-11-2009, 10:04 AM
what I do to transfer my cell phone pics is by bluetooth. If you have a bluetooth interface on the PC (you can get a cheap plug in) you should be able to transfer the pics that way....so no cables needed.

Storm Cadet
07-13-2009, 01:14 PM
All you need to do is plug the phone into your computer...with usb plug and then open up picassa and turn on camera.

The picassa will recognize your camera phone and just click download (import) button

gregrph
07-14-2009, 12:40 AM
Hi, you don't need to pay to transfer your photos. You should have a USB cable that you can hook directly to your computer. Turn the phone on and open up My Computer (if you have windows). Your phone should be recognized as another storage device. You can transfer back and forth that way. You can also get a card reader and insert your memory card and transfer that way. I believe the meory card reader will be faster but less convenient to use.

Hi Bill!

chickenhead
07-14-2009, 10:19 AM

I don't know how old your Kodak is, but you also don't need the Kodak SW to download pics from their camera. I agree its a terrible program, best not to use it. Assuming you've already deleted EasyShare...Just hook your camera up like normal, and push the little button on the dock or whatever, same as always. At least on Windows XP and later, Windows has a native photo downloader app that will pop up and prompt you through downloading all your photos from the camera. Easy Peasy.

so.cal.fan
07-14-2009, 12:10 PM
Thanks you guys, I'm going to have my computer tech friend set up the phone cable when he gets back from vacation.
In the meantime, I bought a new Canon cameral.....a very nice one, and I'm learning how to use it.
I got rid of the little old kodak camera I had, as my computer guy said he doesn't care for the Kodak software on the computer.
I use a PC with Windows XP. We just had to add a lot more memory to it, it works so well now, don't have to get a new one just yet.
Thanks for all your great suggestions guys.
Diane :)