PDA

View Full Version : vista and millennium

alytim
06-30-2009, 09:51 AM
having trouble downloading mllennium on to my vista equipped machine, any help will be appreciated

DJofSD
06-30-2009, 09:59 AM
You need to provide a little more information than that. At least give us a clue.

Why do you want to install W98?

alytim
06-30-2009, 10:07 AM
trying to download the free tsn millenium software, can download, then I'm unable to open the file

DJofSD
06-30-2009, 10:30 AM
OK, I see this is not W98. I guess that shows my bias'.

Have you read the information on this web page about installation: http://www.tsnhorse.com/cgi-bin/dynamic.cgi?page=millennium ? The installation document kind of implies the resulting download is a self extracting ZIP file. Can you find the file after it is downloaded? What is the file extention?

Tom Barrister
07-03-2009, 01:00 AM
Due to some updates to Vista and XP, and depending on how your Windows security is set up, Windows will often rename saved downloaded files ending in *.exe without the extension (without the .exe part). In other words, Setup.exe will be renamed as Setup (without the .exe extension). If this happens, Windows won't know it's an executable file and won't know what to do with it.

The solution is to find the downloaded file, right click on it and choose "Rename" (or highlight it and hit the F2 function key) and add the .exe to it. It should then work.

alytim
07-04-2009, 07:55 AM
Thanks for all of the spot on advice, I have it working.