PDA

View Full Version : Rachel Spa headed

jognlope
06-29-2009, 08:21 PM
I'll watch for video of her getting off plane, usually they have that sort of thing on local news.

I know you're waiting with baited breath (well some of you are)

http://wnyt.com/article/stories/S1001196.shtml?cat=256

jognlope
06-29-2009, 08:22 PM
hahahah getting off plane, I must still be reeling from Curlin getting off that plane. She came by van from Belmont!!! Oh my it's late in the day.

joanied
06-29-2009, 08:38 PM
hahahah getting off plane, I must still be reeling from Curlin getting off that plane. She came by van from Belmont!!! Oh my it's late in the day.

Oh, jog...your funny :lol:
Still could be a video of her getting off the van:)

I'm posting a link that prob'ly most have seen...but I'm posting it anyway...
it's really about Zenyatta, but it pertains to Rachel:

http://www.bloodhorse.com/horse-racing/articles/51442/zenyatta-rachel--duel-unlikely-before-bc?utm_source=BreakingNews&utm_medium=email

I think Moss jumped the gun when he said Z would venture out of CA this season.....NOT...maybe John put the skids to Z shipping, who knows...but bottom line is they will not ship Z anywhere...the guys at Saratoga are cryin' the blues, no doubt...and 1,000's of fans too.
Moss also states that Z will be retired at the end of this year...no surprise there, I guess...wait too long with a race mare, and she may have fertility/foaling problems as a broodmare...Moss did say he'd be willing to meet Rachel AFTER the Breeders Cup.

jognlope
06-29-2009, 09:11 PM
Thanks for that, will we ever see these two compete, gonna read that article later, so pooped ...

joanied
06-29-2009, 09:21 PM
Thanks for that, will we ever see these two compete, gonna read that article later, so pooped ...

Nighty-night, jog:)

badcompany
06-30-2009, 12:17 AM
"Several possibilities exist for Rachel Alexandra’s next start, including the Grade 1, $300,000 Coaching Club American Oaks for three-year-old fillies at 1¼ miles at Belmont Park on July 25, the Grade 2, $500,000 Jim Dandy for three-year-olds at nine furlongs at Saratoga Race Course on Aug. 1, and the Grade 1, $1 million Haskell Invitational, also for three-year-olds, at Monmouth Park on Aug. 2."

They wouldn't bring her up to Toga just to not race her there. From what I understand, the big trainers bring their horses there about 3 or 4 weeks beforehand so they get used to the environment. Toga is quieter than Belmont but noisier than Churchhill.

I'm going to be up there for the Jim Dandy. If she runs, I'll take some up close pics and post them.

Java Gold@TFT
06-30-2009, 05:18 AM
She's in the same stall as Curlin was last year - talk about supersticious. Curlin also spent most of the summer at the Spa but didn't race until the Woodward. I'm hoping that she does go to the Travers instead of the Alabama or Personal Ensign. It's been a little while since we've had three different TC winners show up for a rematch in the Travers. Lots of time to speculate though.