PDA

View Full Version : software programs help ?

judd
06-29-2009, 06:17 AM
do these software programs really help you have a profitable day at the track ?
:confused:

harntrox
06-29-2009, 02:40 PM
Speaking from my own experience with the Pirates Bounty on closing day, Sept 3. Del Mar 2008:

Yes.

Even if its random numbers, and wishful thinking, and blind luck:

I choose not to look the 'gift horse' in the mouth that predicted Delta Storm @44:1 would be 17 hundredths of a second faster than the next contender.

'gift horse' = my own software. (Available soon. TOC prevents giving out the name. dont ask. ) PA members will get the first heads up on the beta-test, dont worry :eek:

When software gives you a pick that looks impossible, It requires blind faith more than common sense to make use of that information you just pulled out of the ether.
IMO, it actually requires more faith to use your own 'system' this way without second-guessing, than someone else's ....because those bugs co$t $$$!

the Bottom line : if you cant discipline yourself to focus on it in a 'compartmentalized fashion' its usually better not to use it at all. By this i mean limit the scope of your use of the software to per-race/day/meet whatever and stick to it, so you can identify the profit margin.

Bad things happen only to those who dont 'believe' , Like the priest in Exorcist ... you will be tormented if you dont stay on target.

Warren Henry
06-30-2009, 09:58 AM
do these software programs really help you have a profitable day at the track ?
:confused:
If you own a hammer, can you make fine cabinets? If you own a piano, can you play at Carnegie Hall?

I think you have to consider the various software products as tools. How you use the tools will influence whether or not you make a profit.

DeadHeat
06-30-2009, 08:48 PM
WH is exactly right. And if you are really clever, you will study the software and figure out how to make money with it in a way that no one else does and you won't tell anyone.

JustRalph
07-01-2009, 10:58 AM
jcapper

your success is completely dependent on how much work you put into it............with or without software

never forget who you are playing against

it is a pari-mutuel game

get better, be better...........but you gotta have the tools

you wanna be an Amish Carpenter or one who uses power tools? your choice

matthewsiv
07-01-2009, 04:52 PM
The boys will not be happy but HTR is very good.

If you want to use a mac try Handicapping OS.

You can get both from Horsedata Warehouse.