PDA

View Full Version : growth inbetting trends

lamboguy
06-27-2009, 09:44 PM
while every facet of the parimutual horse gambling business is way down recently, it looks like show betting is bucking the trend.

i think RICHARD PERLOFF of TVG is one of the main reasons for this. he has a television show on monday's and tuesday's that is basically dedicated to anti bridgejump horses. i have never seen more show pool blowups now than ever before. this has got to be big growth for the industry. it seems to create more interest in the sport. right on this board we now have someone who runs a bridgejump service on twitter.

when the game started with trifecta's, no on ever dreamt of the superfecta. now they have the pentafecta. maybe the game needs a new pool to encompass horses to finish 4th. you can call it the quad pool. anything to prolong this game.

fmolf
06-28-2009, 02:37 AM
while every facet of the parimutual horse gambling business is way down recently, it looks like show betting is bucking the trend.

i think RICHARD PERLOFF of TVG is one of the main reasons for this. he has a television show on monday's and tuesday's that is basically dedicated to anti bridgejump horses. i have never seen more show pool blowups now than ever before. this has got to be big growth for the industry. it seems to create more interest in the sport. right on this board we now have someone who runs a bridgejump service on twitter.

when the game started with trifecta's, no on ever dreamt of the superfecta. now they have the pentafecta. maybe the game needs a new pool to encompass horses to finish 4th. you can call it the quad pool. anything to prolong this game.
maybe the problem is that we have too many pools to choose from.The money gets spread thinner.Their are more low odds favorites.I think the game was better off when we had one double...w/pl/sh...and $5 exactas!...Less just might be more in this case.

throw in a last race trifecta......