PDA

View Full Version : equisim users I need help

Pcon04
06-27-2009, 10:43 AM
I need help with the fv part of that program.I can make one a basic one and it does what i want but printing is my problem it prints one page at a time with 1 race per page.My question is can it be made to print more races on one page is there a way to save them to a file.
I see a csv export but I don't know anything about that at all.
Is there a way to save all 9 races to a csv file or txt file??
I tried the forum they have on the home page but that stuff there is old
and not any help with printing
Any help will be appreciated.

Pcon04

chrisl
06-27-2009, 12:21 PM
I have the same problem to. It would be nice to print the sim chart that has the profile, comp, etc all on one page, instead of 1 page per race. I have asked this Q's a few years back with no reply. A copy and paste, would be nice, but that does not work. Chris

Pcon04
06-27-2009, 08:05 PM
Chris
what about that csv export do you happen to know about that.?

thanks for the reply

Pcon

chrisl
06-27-2009, 08:10 PM
NO

REBel
06-28-2009, 03:53 PM
I've used Equisim for several years, but don't do much printing. I would suggest you contact thorotech@thorotech.com and ask Nathan, the programmer, your questions.

He's always been prompt in responding to me.

Ron

Pcon04
06-28-2009, 08:32 PM
he never responded..he's out of that business i guess..

thanks

pcon

REBel
06-28-2009, 09:01 PM
Pcon04:

I have a friend using ES who is great with the FV functions. I will contact him and have him read your posts in this thread.

Perhaps he will be able to help.

Ron

dutchboy
06-28-2009, 10:12 PM
http://www.asp.net/learn/videos/video-449.aspx

I do not use Equisim program but this link is for a video that explains exporting to csv. I import a lot of csv files in to excel but have never exported to csv.

Toss_DeLoser
06-28-2009, 10:41 PM
As for as I know, you can only print one race at a time. I have mine paired down to four columns, which take up half a page vertically. I'll fold the sheet in half and run it back through to get a second race per page. :bang:

dartman51
06-29-2009, 01:02 AM
When you click on PRINT, you should get a print option box. In that box you get to choose what you want to print.....In Today's Card, Summary, etc. etc. Near the bottom of that box, there is an option INSERT PAGE BREAKS BETWEEN RACES. Make sure THAT box is NOT checked. It should print multiple races on one page. All that will fit, I do it all the time.

Good luck.
T

Pcon04
06-29-2009, 07:07 AM
Dartman

That fix is for all the print jobs on that sceen BTW It does work thanks but

it's not for that FV part of his program maybe i missed it.Ok here is my

next bit of of a problem . I got it to export the FV page to a .csv file so I

have 9 separate races made out in the .csv format. Is there a way to

make all of the races .csv into one BIG CSV FILE. should I post this

as a separate question for EXCEL people here?aybe an excel guy will

respond Hope this is a posibility..

Thanks
pcon

headhawg
06-29-2009, 08:33 AM
Pcon,

In the Infotran thread I put a link to the CSVed program. It's free, and you can merge and append .csv files. I have ES, but I don't print out hard copies of anything anymore, but I think that CSVed may do what you want even though I have not tried it.

I also think that in another thread someone mentioned the old Dos copy command:

Make sure that all of the files are in the same folder. Then type copy *.csv filename.csv from the command prompt.

HH

Pcon04
06-29-2009, 10:29 AM
HH

Did what you said It took me a long time but I got it to
work just need to figure out how I did it

Thanks
pcon

BIG HIT
07-26-2009, 04:06 PM
I have older version equsim ROI installed it.when go to profiler database connect get message Errcode afx dao engine initialization msg;!.Any help would be great if can't i will uninstall put back in drawer lol forgot why computer and me don't get along useing vista dosen't seem to be a problem as got this message with xp but can't remenber how fixed it i know its me thanks for any advice

JustRalph
07-26-2009, 04:39 PM
I have older version equsim ROI installed it.when go to profiler database connect get message Errcode afx dao engine initialization msg;!.Any help would be great if can't i will uninstall put back in drawer lol forgot why computer and me don't get along useing vista dosen't seem to be a problem as got this message with xp but can't remenber how fixed it i know its me thanks for any advice

What version of windows?

the dao engine is installed I think when you put in the jet database stuff.......

just a guess......try reinstalling it............

BIG HIT
07-26-2009, 07:23 PM
I have vista and last time installed i installed it had xp.Think probably got pathways screwed up put all my files in a folder but some how when use the prgm look in folder there are no files.But when check in folder they are there doesn't make sense i know best i can explain it.

headhawg
07-27-2009, 11:11 AM
I thought that ES didn't work with Vista anymore because of the DAO/Jet db version issue? Or does it just not work with Vista 64?

Anyway, the previous fix was to install DAO/Jet again. (Might not work on Vista.) The files for download can be found on the Thorotech site here (http://www.thorotech.com/equisim/jetdatabase.html). Follow the instructions, but don't hold your breath.

REBel
07-27-2009, 12:51 PM
I have a PC with Vista Ultimate 64-bit OS and ES will NOT work on it. I also have it installed on a laptop with Vista 32-bit and it works fine.

One user told me he has it installed and working on Vista 64-bit. I couldn't do it.

As far as I know, there is no plan to make it compatible with a 64-bit OS.

JustRalph
07-27-2009, 02:07 PM
it won't work on 64 bit because the jet database stuff is not supported in 64bit windows............ that's why I asked what version of windows

still works on xp though...... i have it on my laptop and it works fine

although I rarely use it anymore

Fred
07-29-2009, 07:10 PM
You have it correct. Nathan emailed me and said that ES will not run on 64 bit. I hate to lose this program but it is time for a new computer and I am going with 64 bit.

Freddy

BIG HIT
07-29-2009, 09:45 PM
Have vista 32 bit when try to connect to profiler get err code no_afx_DAO_ERROR can someone tell me why and maybe how to fix it have jet database .edb

Handle
11-18-2009, 04:47 PM
Folks,

This is Nathan from Thorotech. To answer various questions/concerns here:
A) Nope, EquiSim won't run on 64 bit versions of Windows. Will run on Vista 32 bit.

B) If you are having problems connecting to a database, make sure that you have installed the proper version of the jet db. Its available online at thorotech.

C) If you are having problems starting the program due to a database connection error, you may need to repair or replace your settings db. Info is on the thorotech forums, e-mail me, or post at thorotech

D) RE: printing from the Formula View. Sorry, I didn't recieve (or somehow missed) any questions related to this. Interesting feature request though. Believe it or not, a new release is in the works so I'll look into this improvement.

Best,
-Nathan

headhawg
11-18-2009, 07:25 PM
Believe it or not, a new release is in the works so I'll look into this improvement.

Best,
-NathanCare to elaborate about any new features, Nathan?

chrisl
11-18-2009, 08:10 PM
Music to my ears. New version of ES. Any info on release date, Thank you Chris

JustRalph
11-18-2009, 10:06 PM
Welcome Back!!!

Great to hear about a new version......... :ThmbUp:

Handle
11-19-2009, 10:20 AM
Thanks guys. Good to see you all live and well here too ;).

As to new features....After four or so years, I'm looking for ways to improve on the program mainly for folks that have continued to use it. That is, I don't plan to introduce yet another whiz-bang new feature into what is essentially already a swiss army knife.

So, the first pass at it incorporates a bunch of the things people have been asking for related to new fields in the data files themselves. There is the AW track stuff, trainer/jockey stats, BRIS class and race rating, other things only found in Multicaps files, etc..

I expect to make the first release available in a couple of weeks.

I may visit the 64 bit issue and attempt to update the DB technology that ES uses.

Lastly, I'm soliciting feedback from regular users to find out what features are 'in-demand'.

REBel
11-19-2009, 12:03 PM
Nathan,

Nice to hear from you. All of your added features sound great. I am particularly interested in the 64-bit compatibility.

Ron

Old Timer
11-20-2009, 12:12 AM
Nathan,

It's great to hear from you again - I had almost given up hope!

My greatest interest is having the ability to run ES in 64-bit mode. I'm now limited to running it on my 32-bit Toshiba laptop. I've been running Vista Business 64-bit on my desk top maching since the release of Vista and like it.

Bill Sarber

BIG HIT
11-22-2009, 10:11 AM
Hi Fella's.Finally went to Thorotech downloaded data jet into my cards.Then open per instruction on website.Then open my vista 32 bit equisim.
Got this err code:no_AFX_ERROR msg couldn't find file c:\Program Files\Golganooza\EquiSim ROI\My Cards.Which is my pathway I'am trying to use.Also if i follow program manually by hand takes me right there where all data is.I know it is probaly me as had same trouble with windows Xp exact same msg.Suggestion

Red Knave
11-22-2009, 05:16 PM
You shouldn't store data in "Program Files" under Vista.
Google your problem and you'll find lots of info.
Here's an example -> http://www.clipboardextender.com/off-topic/vista-program-files-hide-and-seek

BIG HIT
11-23-2009, 12:50 PM
Headwag, Ralph,and RedKnave.Went to thorotech website downloaded dao into my cards.Then opned it in mycards disk1per instruction then delete all.Went back open equisim same msg as before! RED Knave sorry way to envoled for my know how.But did go to daosdk folder opn dos to try to delete it to no avail.Ralph yes it is vista 32 bit.All and All thank's for all your time knowledge of this sort really appreciate it

headhawg
11-23-2009, 07:48 PM
I don't have Vista but I have had to reinstall the DAO in XP. I am assuming it works the same way. When you download the DAOSDK.zip file you need to unzip it. You can extract it anywhere not into My Cards although I suppose it's ok to do so. You should a DAOSDK folder after you unzip, and three folders inside of that. There is a setup program in the DISK 1 folder. Run that as an administrator and follow the prompts. Reboot to be safe, and then run Equisim. Hopefully the error message will be gone.

If the steps are different on Vista then maybe someone else will chime in.

BIG HIT
11-24-2009, 12:47 PM
Thanks did as you said with DAO unzipped exactly as you said per instruction.And frist try did it in my cards no good then download again put it some where else unzipped again.Both times no chg.Could show me something.After you go to profiler preference below the data root.The pathwayto your profiler database.
I have big doubt's about it and think that is problem thank's for your time and trouble

BIG HIT
11-24-2009, 02:25 PM
Forgot This was pathway useing for above post.C:\PRogramFilesGolganooza\EquiSim ROI\My Cards

headhawg
11-24-2009, 08:36 PM
I know there is a default path in Equisim to the My Cards folder. But I have ES installed on my D: drive as I hate to install programs to C: if I don't have to. So my path is different:

D:\handicap\ThoroTech\My Cards

And my database path:

D:\handicap\ThoroTech\ESROI5\Databases\complete3_D B.edb

You could try to put your data files in some other location, and then just choose that new location from Profiler Preferences. Same thing with the database. ES doesn't care where they are; you just have to tell the program the location.

BIG HIT
11-25-2009, 10:21 AM
Well tryed everything chg files to a file called downloads.Then put files in folder went to organizer made all folders etc.Note when organizeing got msg not equal 1 but did make folders and organize them.Made data root c:\downloads. also checked box.But still got same msg.Headwang i think it maybe time to put it back in drawer.I spend more time trying to get them working and not enough time to handicap.
You are a hell of a man and hdcper as have read some of your post appreicate all your help Happy Holidays

;

Partsnut
12-01-2009, 03:34 PM
Equisim has just released a new version 6.0 and there's a demo available.
I'm not sure if it will work with Vista but will try it tonight.
Nathan is a good programmer and a reputable provider and I'm confident it will work. In my humble opinion, Equisim has always been an excellent handicapping tool

I would post the link but I do not want to infringe on the rules of the forum.
If I have already done so just remove this post.

Handle
12-01-2009, 03:44 PM
ES 6 should run fine under Vista. That's what I'm working with it on.
One VERY important thing -- make sure the account you log into Vista with has ADMIN privileges. If it doesn't, it won't let you use JET (you will get error messages galore).

Big Hit - not sure what's happening with your computer. A couple of things to try:

A) If you are using Vista, make sure that you have Admin Privileges.

B) If you need to INSTALL the Jet DB engine, you are on the right track. You need to unzip that file and run the Setup program in "folder one".
Now -- if that doesn't work - if you get an error message when installing -- reboot your computer in SAFE MODE (hold F8 down while the computer boots) and try again. I've seen cases where that needs to be done.

Pcon04
12-01-2009, 07:17 PM
Handle

Will I be able to print the full fv output to a printer or have the ability
to export the fv csv to excel so it can be printed from there?

Thanks
pcon04

Handle
12-01-2009, 07:54 PM
You can already do a CSV export that can be opened by Excel. I am compiling the list of possible things to do for this release (the current release is just the first iteration). If you care to detail exactly what you want to do I'll look into it and will probably have a go at that.

Pcon04
12-02-2009, 07:16 AM
Handle
Currently as you know the print option is one race one Page for the FV.
When I use the export function now it comes out one race at a time and
have to name each race and save it to a folder.
Then I use a csv program someone told me about in a reply eariler in this thread to combine them.It takes me a while to do it and it's clunky and slow!

I'd like to see an export option that would create a single csv file with all the races in it and then I'd could open it with excel and print from there. That's about it.

Thanks
Pcon

Tom
12-02-2009, 07:39 AM
Glad to hear a new version is out.....I always liked ES. :ThmbUp:

I have to check it out......

BIG HIT
12-02-2009, 08:59 AM
After looking agian c:\Program Files\Goganooza\EquiSim ROI\My Cards.Is my data root folder and profiler preference.So when i open es says can't open because already opn and when profiler database and select file and hit open button say dosen't equal one then press agian unzips.Also to get to show file need to go from profiler db to all files which has something parenthesee.Which make me think screw up on pathways
Hope this all makes sense

9(9

PaceAdvantage
12-02-2009, 10:05 PM
Nathan is a good programmer and a reputable provider and I'm confident it will work. In my humble opinion, Equisim has always been an excellent handicapping tool

If I have already done so just remove this post.I think you should post the link...it's clear you have no affiliation with the program, so it would be perfectly acceptable for you to do so...

JustRalph
12-02-2009, 10:26 PM
Got my Upgrade

Works great in Vista now............... :ThmbUp:

Partsnut
12-02-2009, 10:32 PM
PaceAdvantage Quote:
Originally Posted by Partsnut

If I have already done so just remove this post.

I think you should post the link...it's clear you have no affiliation with the program, so it would be perfectly acceptable for you to do so...

I tried this program on my laptop that has a Windows Vista 64 operating system and ran it as the administrator. The 21 day demo runs perfectly as I suspected. Nathan did a great job and supplied all the information necessary for those that are not familiar with the program in his help files so that one can easily navigate the numberous features that are available with this software.
I personally like the formula view segment. Here's where one can create their own module of just use the ones that some very talented people created and were willing to share.

Here is the link to his website. :ThmbUp:
http://www.thorotech.com/

BIG HIT
12-12-2009, 10:53 AM
Poseted here as think anyone useing ES can answer.My data root folder is c:\Programs Files\Gloganooza\EquiSim ROI\My Cards.Which is also my profiler preference pathway.Have it set to open at start up when open program say's already and when load race and try the profiler view says not connected to Profiler database.Where did i go wrong.PS already downloaded DAK it dose unzipp like supose to

headhawg
12-12-2009, 05:56 PM
Do you actually have an ES database in the location specified? ES won't connect to a db that's not there. If you do indeed have one then uncheck the box that loads it on startup and try to connect manually from the Profiler Database menu.

BIG HIT
12-12-2009, 08:43 PM
Okay un checked then went to profiler menu tried to open it open although below at bottom window have to change from profiler database to all file for them to appear then when click file to open msg say unreconzed format shows my data root pathway after my cards trk name\ year\0807i.zip.
But it did open profiler with right folder but empty to switch to all files then all appear click open then msg

headhawg
12-13-2009, 12:23 PM
You shouldn't have to show all files to see the profiler database. Are you sure that you have one created? Also, what data files are you using? I don't know what the "0807i.zip" file is. Bris PP files have an "K" in the name and the results files contain an "x".

BIG HIT
12-13-2009, 01:59 PM
Yes i call it my cards that where pp\result are.These are tsn files the resut do end in x.Ya i know.
Just made new My Cards now open says connected show all folder for different trk's when open them nothing there till flip to all files then they all show 0807i tsn it open pp try to use profiler view click analaze comes up all zero for everything.

BIG HIT
12-13-2009, 03:25 PM
Seem's okay can open program and profiler view get filters is okay then click analize come's up zero for evreything but shows all horse name and that it.

BIG HIT
12-14-2009, 12:52 PM
Can now open connected to profiler open fourm view show's pastperformence date track put in start date get filter run sim all this is confirmed at bottom but dozen't load results.Or when click analaze come up all zero's nor will it show anythig but horse name date and track ml

headhawg
12-14-2009, 11:53 PM
If you have all zeroes in the profiler it's probably because there isn't enough data in your db for it to analyze. In the Profiler Preferences menu on the "More Config" tab there is a field that asks you for the minimum number of races to store profiler values. Depending on your other profiler options you might not have enough races in the db to show anything. Change that value to "1" and rerun the profiler and see if any other info appears. Setting up the profiler options is pretty important as it changes some of the things that are stored and displayed. Read the help file for information about those options.

BIG HIT
12-15-2009, 10:27 AM
Went there no help.One thing notice the result didn't load why don't know as set up just like example in help i got summary page can run all simulation's.
But go to tool opt sim performence analzer there no trk or anything showing.

wes
12-15-2009, 11:47 AM
Go to the help file and set up just like the help file states. I had the same problem until I set it up like the example in the help file.

wes

BIG HIT
12-15-2009, 04:37 PM
Like said already did that go's like this trk folder open there the year folder which is loading then result folder with correct data did not put in chart folder.That's why don't understand why won't load.Followed exactly except for chart folder.Thank you for input

BIG HIT
12-16-2009, 01:25 PM
Well new day slept on this problem in above post looked at help page where show how folder are label and set up. This is how set up.Start e.s. click opn cards all my trk folders are there click one opn it opn there is a year folder click opn data file is there along with Result folder Note don't use charts so no folder click data file it loads but no result load.Imanually checked there in result folder.The above is way i understood help file diagram

headhawg
12-18-2009, 08:27 AM
How are you checking to see if the results are loaded? By looking at the bottom right of the main screen? What happens if you use the Chart Viewer option? Do you see the results?

BIG HIT
12-18-2009, 01:16 PM
Yes main screen bottom right was where was looking.Anything that has to do with profiler view no in database analzer nothing showing all blank.
What will work in main screen will say weak or strong of each horse summary simulator with different result chart match up.But nothing with results.Followed instruction's on help page a number of times.Showed wes in above post exactly how did it

BIG HIT
12-18-2009, 05:11 PM
Can load by useing profiler menu select result they load but profile analzer is still blank and won't automatically load SAY can't be found.

headhawg
12-20-2009, 03:10 PM
Just to be clear, you definitely have a profiler database created? If yes, then under the Profile Preferences|More Config tab what value do you have set for minimum number of races to store?

And what can't be found -- the profiler db or the results files?

BIG HIT
12-20-2009, 07:32 PM
YES have profiler database says cant find result's.As for profiler preference when press config it only has thing's.I can chg like spd and pace points trainer% win at dist and or trk.
This a older version of E.S. 3.0 my folder go like in jnstrution page trk folder when you open there is year folder when open that data pp and result folder there are my result's.Now in profiler will load if go to where says load selected results then they will load.

headhawg
12-21-2009, 07:49 PM
I've got v5 now Big Hit, and v4 before that. I never had v3 so I think that I can't be of any more assistance. You could post over at the Thorotech board and ask for suggestions. If you really want to use Equisim why don't you download the v6 demo and find out if it works on your computer? It's only a $79 upgrade (at least from v5 that's the cost; not sure about the cost from v3).

BIG HIT
12-21-2009, 08:20 PM
Thank's for trying i really in joyed talking to you about E.S. I might take your advice you really did help hell got this far because you and wes input.
P.S. Have goog holiday