PDA

View Full Version : Pepsi North America Cup

Sea Biscuit
06-27-2009, 03:40 AM
I predict that KEEP IT REAL will win the NA cup at Mohawk June 27 by an easy margin of 2 to 3 lengths. He is for real. In my race-book his true odds should be 50 cents on the dollar. If the pace is legit something in the neighborhood 54 to the half and 1:21 to the three quarters you might even witness him going a 1:49 mile.

Love to hear your comments and selections if there are any.

Sea Biscuit

JBmadera
06-27-2009, 04:29 AM
I'm going with If I Can Dream - that Rooney Final race was big. great card tonight at Moh!

jb

FunkyMonkey
06-27-2009, 08:43 AM
might it be time for art colony to get back to yesteryear?
:confused:

toetoe
06-27-2009, 12:47 PM
Any past performances available ? Hmm ? :jump: .

JBmadera
06-27-2009, 01:56 PM

yes, if you signed up for the trackmaster contest (free).

jb

melman
06-27-2009, 02:02 PM
Good betting race I expect the 1 OK Boromir to be large odds and this horse has the ability and the rail. Exacta box with 2 Mr Wiggles and 6 Keep it Real.

camluck49
06-27-2009, 05:00 PM

check this link a free pp is offered by hpi.

http://www.horseplayerinteractive.com/Racing/RaceInfo.aspx?Track=57&Race=1&SessionDate=2009-06-27

LottaKash
06-27-2009, 06:05 PM
So many good and fast hoss' in this race, and I could make a case for winning for mostly all of them....It will be interesting to see the outcome, as this race will not be for the feint of heart horse....With that much money on the line, the best horses will be all out for the score and you can bet that the winner will be either the "Very Best of the Bunch" or the "Luckiest"....The forecast is for a very windy nite ...15-20mph, and it has been my experience that, that amount of wind does affect the front end, good or bad...we'll see, as it is hard to predict ahead of time without watching the previous races that were run on tonite's card...

The Tracmaster Speed Ratings wil not be of much help in this one as the SR's are within only a couple of points of each other.....Only "DIAL OR NODIAL" with a SR of 100 & " OK BOROMIR" with the next best of 99....mostly all of the others are set at 96 & 97 SR's....So I don't see that as the "big-clue"
factor.....

This is the tightest bunch of 3yo pacers I have seen in along time....

Last week in on 6/20, there was a very pronounced front end bias, and it held up in "ALL" of the races except for the very weird last race....So closers were really up against it last week...We will see some interesting moves tonite, I think...

OK BOROMIR,... is not a spectacular type, but he did manage a rail riding 2d place finish in his qua...The race before that in 100K Burlington, he just barely wired a field in some vey nondescript fractions...His last race last 1/4 in 26:3....
MR WIGGLES...last week he won for me and paid $33 for the win...and it was no fluke....In his last race he wired his Qualifying field with an eye opening 25:4 first 1/4, and held safe for the win...The race before that, is what caught my attention of how good this horse is or may be....In that race, he was saddled with the 10-hole and was trailing by some 18-lenths at the 1/4...and altho still trailing he was steadily making up lengths with each passing 1/4...His last 3/4 time was 1:20.2 and his last 1/2 was 53 flat, and his last three single 1/4' were back to back of 27:2, 26:4 26:1...yikes!... Usually those kind of numbers will "bounce" a 3yo and often big time, as they are major-league fractions that were run back to back, and only the top horses have the ability to run fractions like that and and live to tell about it. and the fact that he came out of that race and won, suggests how good he is right now...Also in his 3d race back he wired a won the $500K "Hoosier Cup"...
DIAL OR NODIAL...racing in what I considered to the weakest bunch of the 4-prelims, this guy simply was hung out for the entire mile, and when it counted most, he won it with 1/16th to go, in just workman like fractions, tho...I believe it was by design and planned that way, just to get into the final....I believe he needed that easier race, as the race before in the $500K NJ Classic-final, he tried very hard to get command just past the 3/8's and he finally did win the front end battle, but was hounded the whole rest of the way and amazingly he did mange to hold for for a close up 3d place finish.... He was taxed in the 2d panel, that he ran in 25:4, so it was definitely a strong signal about who he is,coming out of that race....Last year he earned $430K, and was 8 for 12... he is 4/5 this year, and so far he has done everthing ,I believe, asked of him...He is always trying hard, and never seems to quit...a good one for sure..Has the highest TM-SR of 100...Sears helps as well..
IF I CAN DREAM...This guy has come into his own, and his last three races were all Wins, and easy ones at that, but so far he hasn't had to race to any very-fast halves or 3/4's, so he is sans that foundation and a much lacking that much needed element,that is so necessary to beat the best ones....But just because that hasn't occured yet, takes away nothing from this guys good form...last year he won 2 of 10 and $245K, and is 4/5 this year $245K more...Last week he won his prelim very easily (front end bias helped him) and the race before that he won, off of a nice 2-hole trip at Yonkers in the $421K Art Roonedy Final......The fact that he hasn't been truly tested yet, keeps me from liking him more....worth watching..especially with George Brennan.
WELL SAID...2 for 3 this year, and 4/12 & $600K as a 2yo last year...Got the lead after things settled down just past the 3/8th's last week and held the win safe in his prelim...(front end bias)...2-back he lost in the $100K Burlington as the 6/5 fave...I believe he is a top quality colt, and unless that 2d back race was a fluke, I think he is vulnerable at this point in time and training....Can't ignore, but he hasn't flashed that big mile or any blazing 1/4 yet...hard to figure...as he is fast and fit, but how fast ?...Ron Pierce has been with this one from day one..
KEEP IT REAL... didn't race as a 2yo, but he is 6 for 7 this year....2-back in a slow 1st-half he was first over at the 3/4's and won his division of the $100 Burlington with a last 3/4's in 1:21.3, nice....Last week, top driver STeve Condren changed tactics with this guy, and shot out from the 9-hole, and was parked out first over in the opening 1/4 , the secured command just before the 3/8ths, and was then jumped by the #5 just after that, and he remained 2d behind that one the rest of the way and made a late charge to just miss by a long neck with his last 1/4 in 26 flat....A good tuneup, especially since his preferred racing style is a presser and closer type and showed that he was very well meant in that race by changing racing styles for that race....The one to Fear, I think....
ART COLONY...3-1-2-0 this year, and has John Campbell, ( cagey old- money sniffer that he is)....Last year made $423K, and was 7-4-3-0 at that...This year he has been close in all of his three starts...Doesn't (so far) seem to possess that killer instinct that the top ones ususally have and doesn't have that blazing speed foundation as yet either...a game player, and Campbell will give a good chance...a legitimate upsetter chance...
CHASIN RACIN...This one has seemed to have found his place in the current 3yo heirarchy as of late...He has been in position in his last three races and couldn't come up with it at crunch time...his 20/1 m.l. seems right in this scenario...
ANNIESWESTERNCARD...Last week on a front-end bias nite, she had the perfect journey, and sat in the two hole, and lost ground in the lane to the wire to wire winner "If I Can Dream"...Has Tim Tetrick, but I think he needs more of that, an also ran, I think...
MILLIIONAIRE CAM...Not a good match for these...In his defense he ran a creditable 3d to" Mr Wiggles" last week, but I thing even with Jody Jamieson steering him, it is a tall order from the out in Siberia-start...A notch or two below the top guns...
I don't plan on betting this race, but it will be fun to watch the running and finish on this one.....Still, If I can get some good "Odds" I will put my money on MR WIGGLES, he has this 1:20.2 last 3/4's in him, and like that dimensiion about him... I don't think he will try to lead, but he will use his good early speed to get in a good striking position early on...And, maybe Corey Callahan can get the National recognizition that he deserves....

So many ways to look at this one...
---------------------------------------------------------------------------
ALSO,....I am still keen on #4 ARCTIC WARRIOR in the 6th race on this same card....He came out of that same race as Mr Wiggles 2d race back...In that one he had back to back to back last 3/4's of 27:2 27 26:4 & 120:1 and a last half of 52:4...Wow, he 7/1 m.l. tonite, but in his last race where he was beaten by "If I Can Dream" (in the big race), but last week with that Big Front End Bias, he was at a Huge-Disadvantage early on, and he just exploded the the stretch to get 3d in that race...Also, in that race he went off at 9/2, and that being after he was 5th in the Burlington the week before that at odds of 104/1....was well meant last week...he has a little early speed as well as good closing ability, and even tho, he is a notch or two below the top ones, I think he fits like a glove in here...Dave Miller won't hurt either..

Best of Luck to all of you tonite...

best,.

Sea Biscuit
06-27-2009, 08:40 PM
John a question

What speed ratings does Trackmaster have for Keep it Real

Sea Biscuit

headhawg
06-27-2009, 08:45 PM
I took #3 DIAL OR NODIAL in the TM contest, so if I were a betting man this would be my play at 5-2 or higher.

LottaKash
06-28-2009, 01:33 AM
My take on the outcome of the "Big Race"....

I got my price on #2-MR WIGGLES, and I bet him real good at 13/1, and had a KeyExacta Box with the 3/5/6/7....But it was no good....My poor horse got stuck in behind the tiring #4-IF I CAN DREAM, (just as I suspected he couldn't go with these if the fractions were very swift, as he isn't that far along in his training yet) ...Wiggles was sitting in the two hole, and then got shuffled real bad when the wave of the other top contenders began the "Real Race" just past the 5/8th's.....At that point, the #6 jumped the #4 for the lead and #3 came up right alongside of him, and the #5 was in perfect position 2d over right in behind the 3. and the 7 came outside, right after the 5....Turning for home it looked like that the move of the #6 by Condren may have been the winning one....Only thing tho, the fractions of 26...54:3...1:22...(1:48:1 final), took their toll and the five was the only one left with enough gas to motor on by that hot pace....The seven got up for the place spot (remember John Campbell, Mr NA CuP-himself) with Art Colony....My poor horse, once he got stuck behing that fading #4, had all sorts of traffic problems, but once he got loose late in the race, he was way "full of pace", and I thought he had a shot to get some bigger money...Too much traffic to overcome tonite, finishing a good 4th....I will stay with him...He "IS" the real deal, and he will be a force to be reckoned with thruout the remainder of the 3yo schedule... I will watch him, and he will make his point vs. these real soon, I believe it...

Hats off to the winner "WELL SAID", he beat a real good bunch of 3yo's tonite, and he did it in Stakes & Track-Record time....But, I have never been very impressed with a 2d-over win, I mean a win is a win, but the 2d -over trip is the easiest trip in all of harness-racing, I think...So it worked perfect for him, but I think if any of the top 5 in here tonite, if in that position tonite, probably would've had the win as well...later on down the road we will find that out for sure....But he won.... but, the next 3-finishers, don't exactly have to hang their head's in shame, it took a record breaking mile to beat them, and they were all game to the end....I am looking forward to their next encounters with each other... really....
---------------------------------------------------------------------------

In the 6th Race, which was the $100K "consolation" to the big final, my little goodie #4-ARCTIC WARRIOR had an easier time tonite....with his handy early speed, he avoided last weeks compromised early position, and tonite he sat a "pocket-rocket" trip right in behind the leader the whole way around. and with a 1/16th to go, pulled from out of there, and was up in time for a nifty little win....It was those two at the end...he paid $7.80...4.80...3.50...and what was better yet, the underneath horse was a VERY playable 9/1 shot...the #10, who was a solid 3d in his prelim last week, in fact he had a TM-SR of 99, and the EXacta paid a nifty $75.80.....

Poor Mr Wiggles, I honestly think if he had a different trip he would've been good enough to win that big-race...oh well, that's hoss'-racin'.....:jump:

I hope others made some kash tonite...

best

Sea Biscuit
06-28-2009, 02:15 AM
I predict that KEEP IT REAL will win the NA cup at Mohawk June 27 by an easy margin of 2 to 3 lengths. He is for real. In my race-book his true odds should be 50 cents on the dollar. If the pace is legit something in the neighborhood 54 to the half and 1:21 to the three quarters you might even witness him going a 1:49 mile.

Love to hear your comments and selections if there are any.

Sea Biscuit

With only 7 starts under his belt this year Keep It Real is still a little green behind the ears and needs a little bit more experience to race with the best. He ran his race but Well Said was much the best and ran a superb race to win the NA cup. Congrats to the connections of Well Said.

Sea Biscuit

toetoe
06-28-2009, 04:58 PM
Well Said closed into a 26 1/5 final quarter to win !!! :eek: !!!