PDA

View Full Version : Question about Mountaineer

markgoldie
06-26-2009, 11:30 PM
Do they pay a minimum of $2.20 on all bets? Reason for asking is that there was a Bridge-Jumper race tonight with $77,000 out of $82,000 bet on the winner, but the show payoff was $2.20. In fact, the other two finishers in the money paid over $5.00 each to show. So thinking about it, something is crazy here, but those were the pool totals shown by Youbet. I didn't follow the show-pool wagering the entire way, but I did see that there was $64,000 bet on the horse with a minute to post. Strange.

cj
06-27-2009, 12:42 AM
Yes, $2.20 minimum. There are other states like this as well.

menifee
06-27-2009, 12:54 AM
I am really confused by this payout. I bet against the bridgejumper. I was busy so I just did a $5 show all bet.

The bet cost me $35. It returned 32.50. The bridge jumper hit. Why am I getting $5 on the other two horses. It's a really good investment to play against the bridgejumper because under this scenario, even if he hits, I don't lose that badly. When he loses, I score big. Shouldn't the other two horses just pay 2.20, 2.20?

cj
06-27-2009, 12:56 AM
I am really confused by this payout. I bet against the bridgejumper. I was busy so I just did a $5 show all bet.

The bet cost me $35. It returned 32.50. The bridge jumper hit. Why am I getting $5 on the other two horses. It's a really good investment to play against the bridgejumper because under this scenario, even if he hits, I don't lose that badly. When he loses, I score big. Shouldn't the other two horses just pay 2.20, 2.20?

It has to do with the change to net pool pricing, which would take a few pages of posts to actually explain in detail.