PDA

View Full Version : Arlington Park-Bill Finley-Synthetic Surfaces

Steve 'StatMan'
06-26-2009, 07:16 PM
With the recent threads about Synthetic Tracks, I wanted to share this, esp. for people who can attend Arlington this Sunday:

Arlington Park's Visiting Experts Series this Sunday, June 28th, at 11:45AM will feature Bill Finley, racing writer and author of the new book "Betting Synthetic Surfaces." in the Starting Gate Theatre (2nd floor, middle-west of grandstand.) Scott McMannis, host of this series, will be interviewing him, they will handicap the Sunday card together, followed by a book-signing. It is my understanding that copies of this book will be available at AP for purchase.

I haven't read the book yet, but am looking forward to attending, checking out the book, meeting Bill and hearing what he has to say, and spending the day there. Many have expressed opinions, pro and con regarding artificial surfaces at AP and other tracks. Perhaps some might find this worthwhile if you are able to attend AP early this Sunday.

JeremyJet
06-26-2009, 11:51 PM
His book is pro synthetics. He's at a track with a synthetic surface. Do you think he'll say anything but how great the stuff is? It's gonna be a synthetic lovefest.

Regards,

JeremyJet

jonnielu
06-27-2009, 05:47 AM
His book is pro synthetics. He's at a track with a synthetic surface. Do you think he'll say anything but how great the stuff is? It's gonna be a synthetic lovefest.

Regards,

JeremyJet

Have you got some facts to offer one way or the other?

jdl

BIG49010
06-27-2009, 04:46 PM
[ It is my understanding that copies of this book will be available at AP for purchase.
.[/QUOTE]

15% off in Gift shop if you want a copy, 75% off if you wait till the end of the season.