PDA

View Full Version : Unhappy with new Youbet! Rules

craigbraddick
06-26-2009, 12:03 PM
So, last month my wife opened up a new account at Youbet!

She is finding her feet as a horse player and has been enjoying the racing at several tracks. Today they will not let her sign in until she has faxed them a copy of her picture ID and proof of her address.

They already have her SSN and details needed to wager. Personally, I think this is going too far. Only one step away from demanding biometric data.

She really enjoys Youbet but will not be returning and it is such a shame they are making the joys of racing even less accessible to newbies than before.

Craig.

FlowerEssence
06-26-2009, 12:39 PM
::delurking:: :eek: Hi Craig, I'm a woman who joined youbet right before the Kentucky Derby. None of my credit cards would go through as apparently my CC companies block wagering transactions (major eye roll), but I had no issues with needing to fax picture ID. Did she ask youbet why? I wonder if something in her info didn't quite match-up? What a shame. I like the service and the customer service has been pretty good.

I'm sorry she had a frustrating experience, but glad to know she'll still stick with following racing. I don't know how many of us women there are with wagering accounts and it's nice to know there's another one! :D

Grits
06-26-2009, 02:23 PM
::delurking:: :eek: Hi Craig, I'm a woman who joined youbet right before the Kentucky Derby. None of my credit cards would go through as apparently my CC companies block wagering transactions (major eye roll), but I had no issues with needing to fax picture ID. Did she ask youbet why? I wonder if something in her info didn't quite match-up? What a shame. I like the service and the customer service has been pretty good.

I'm sorry she had a frustrating experience, but glad to know she'll still stick with following racing. I don't know how many of us women there are with wagering accounts and it's nice to know there's another one! :D

Rest assured, there are many. We don't bet the grays (unless they warrant a bet), and we don't bet our numbers. We go over past performances as thoroughly as the guy next to us.

cuzimahustler
06-26-2009, 06:48 PM
When I opened my account on youbet I was asked to mail or fax a copy of my state ID. I was told it's to verify a persons home address. I was put on hold for 5 minutes then told I didn't need to because he used something else online to verify my address.

rrbauer
06-26-2009, 07:50 PM
When I opened my account on youbet I was asked to mail or fax a copy of my state ID. I was told it's to verify a persons home address. I was put on hold for 5 minutes then told I didn't need to because he used something else online to verify my address.

Your phone number. Big brother knows all.

InTheRiver68
06-29-2009, 01:17 AM
Your phone number. Big brother knows all.

No, your credit report.

- InTheRiver68

JustRalph
06-29-2009, 09:04 AM

They can tell where you are logging in from by the IP number

InTheRiver68
06-29-2009, 10:11 AM
Yeah, but I log in from four different states. And the phone number isn't a reliable measure either, because I can get a disposable cell from ANY state and call that my number. Even my genuine cell is from a different state than where I live.

Your credit report has the address that's on your driver's license...that's what counts.

- InTheRiver68

point given
06-29-2009, 01:39 PM
Don't take it personally, it's SOP to make sure she resides in a state that they are allowed to accept. The proof is needed , no big deal to get upset about to me as long as your state is on their ok list.

InTheRiver68
06-29-2009, 03:23 PM
Exactly. It's not some grand conspiracy...you're requesting permission to place gambling wagers online, which is an increasingly regulated business. In order to make sure they're adhering to all applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations, they need to make sure you are you who say you are, and your address is verified to a legal certainty.

- InTheRiver68

dutchboy
06-29-2009, 07:16 PM
I believe it was Premier Turf Club which got in major trouble when an employee of Woodbine opened an account with PTC. Appears it was done intentionally by that person to cause problems.

If an ADW opens an account in a state where it is not legal I think they can lose their license or be faced with a serious fine.