PDA

View Full Version : Shared sacrifice and belt tightening in action

Tom
06-26-2009, 10:25 AM
A luau with imported macadamia nuts and tiki torches and huts on the White house lawn last night. All the little congressional piggies feeding on our money.

And the biggest piggie of them all - Obambie hosting it.

The enemy of America - voting for pork and eating it too.

boxcar
06-26-2009, 10:47 AM
A luau with imported macadamia nuts and tiki torches and huts on the White house lawn last night. All the little congressional piggies feeding on our money.

And the biggest piggie of them all - Obambie hosting it.

Yeah...but look at it this way, Tom: You gotta like his peculiar brand of "sacrifice". I could handle that any day of the week. :lol:

Boxcar

jballscalls
06-26-2009, 10:59 AM
if obama takes a poo and flushes, doesn't that flush cost 'us' money?? i mean the guy is the president, anything he does costs us money. Even all of us who are belt tightening out here in the real world, we still have parties and celebrate with families and friends.....thats America for peets sake!

boxcar
06-26-2009, 11:18 AM
if obama takes a poo and flushes, doesn't that flush cost 'us' money?? i mean the guy is the president, anything he does costs us money. Even all of us who are belt tightening out here in the real world, we still have parties and celebrate with families and friends.....thats America for peets sake!

But...according to BO, we're living in very tough times -- times that have produced more than one "urgent crisis", I might add. One would think the nation's leader would set the example for how us "ordinary" folks should sacrifice. But then...what does an elitist really know about sacrifice or "ordinary" folks?

Boxcar

jballscalls
06-26-2009, 11:39 AM
But...according to BO, we're living in very tough times -- times that have produced more than one "urgent crisis", I might add. One would think the nation's leader would set the example for how us "ordinary" folks should sacrifice. But then...what does an elitist really know about sacrifice or "ordinary" folks?

Boxcar

why I agree that he should share in sacrifice, i know that as an american who is also making sacrifices, i'm surely not going to just go live in my room and never do anything fun. It's absurd to think that he and his family and friends aren't going to have enjoyable times.

Tom
06-26-2009, 11:58 AM

Last time I looked, I paid for my own party.
Obambi leeched it off of us.
I do not see anything in the constitution about the president getting meals and room and board.

jballscalls
06-26-2009, 12:01 PM
Last time I looked, I paid for my own party.
Obambi leeched it off of us.
I do not see anything in the constitution about the president getting meals and room and board.

If i remember correctly, the president gets like a 50k personal fun package or something. they talked about it during the infamous date to NY.

i'm sure every president leeched something off you, in good times or bad Tom.

DJofSD
06-26-2009, 12:09 PM

History repeats itself. But that doesn't apply to the current adminstration. They're better, smarter and just plain nice folks.

From the Wikipedia article about the French Revolution:
Another cause was the fact that Louis XV fought many wars, bringing France to the verge of bankruptcy, and Louis XVI supported the colonists during the American Revolution, exacerbating the precarious financial condition of the government. The national debt amounted to almost two billion livres. The social burdens caused by war included the huge war debt, made worse by the monarchy's military failures and ineptitude, and the lack of social services for war veterans. The inefficient and antiquated financial system was unable to manage the national debt, something which was both caused and exacerbated by the burden of a grossly inequitable system of taxation. Another cause was the continued conspicuous consumption of the noble class, especially the court of Louis XVI and Marie-Antoinette at Versailles, despite the financial burden on the populace. High unemployment and high bread prices caused more money to be spent on food and less in other areas of the economy. The Roman Catholic Church, the largest landowner in the country, levied a tax on crops known as the dime or tithe. While the dīme lessened the severity of the monarchy's tax increases, it worsened the plight of the poorest who faced a daily struggle with malnutrition. There was too little internal trade and too many customs barriers.

boxcar
06-26-2009, 12:09 PM
If i remember correctly, the president gets like a 50k personal fun package or something. they talked about it during the infamous date to NY.

i'm sure every president leeched something off you, in good times or bad Tom.

This discussion is stale because we've had it before. If the prez and his little wifey want to go out and party at our expense -- that's okay, I suppose. But then it's incumbent upon him to refrain from telling us what we should do with our money via "personal sacrifices" when he doesn't do with our money what he tell us to do. Once again...this is called hypocrisy. He talks the talk in but doesn't walk the talk.

Stated differently: In these tough economic times, he has clearly shown that he's not a very good steward of the public's money.

Boxcar

Tom
06-26-2009, 12:44 PM
Obambie is the one telling US we spend too much, we need to sacrifice, yadda yadda yadda. I'm telling HIM - pay for your own party you stinking PIG of a president. Oink Oink And btw, Barry - your wife don't need no pork - she looks very well fed as it is. OinkOink.

wisconsin
06-26-2009, 12:46 PM
If he really wanted to send a message, he would have sent down to the local grocery store for some hamburger, and grilled his own just like we do. He wants to be a regular guy, right? After all, I have to cut back this 4th. Instead of having people over for lunch and supper, I'm only hosting the supper part before the fireworks. Simple economics.

Warren Henry
06-26-2009, 03:45 PM

EATING PORK. I thought that was a NO NO for good Muslims. Not such a good American, and not a very good Muslim either.

boxcar
06-26-2009, 04:05 PM
EATING PORK. I thought that was a NO NO for good Muslims. Not such a good American, and not a very good Muslim either.

Which means the only thing he's good for is nothing!

Boxcar