PDA

View Full Version : This stupid. You deserve to be divorced.

Grits
06-25-2009, 10:41 AM
Another governor. This time South Carolina. Mind you--the infidelity is bad, the stupidity, WORSE.

"I want to get away, its been a difficult legislative session. I need to get out of the bubble." He was thinking the solitude of the Appalachian Trail, I believe. Or so he said.

He lies to his family, his staff, he slips his security detail, he fails to transfer executive power to the Lt. governor in the event of a state emergency . . . .

A quote from the NYT.

"In one of the messages, the governor describes himself as being in a “hopelessly impossible situation of love” and stops just short of going into what he describes as sexual details of their encounters."

http://www.nytimes.com/2009/06/25/us/25sanford.html?_r=1&hp

It should be against the law for an elected official to be this stupid.

This is leadership? Eliott Spitzer has nothing on this guy. They're two of a kind.

Or should I simply realize--some will do anything for love.:lol:

Yep, some real true love going on here.:lol: LOLOLOLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL

Dave Schwartz
06-25-2009, 12:54 PM
Let's don't let Ensign get away unnoticed.

http://abcnews.go.com/Video/playerIndex?id=7859383

Why is it so difficult to find a leader that keeps his promises to anyone?

Grits
06-25-2009, 01:38 PM
LOLOLOLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL:lol:

Dave, Senator Ensign has great remorse!! Its ALWAYS the biggest mistake they've ever made in their lives! Democrat, Republican, accountant, car salesman, or Walmart greeter. Why is that, only after they come clean with a microphone in front of them, get caught on tape, or worse, the married one's husband says he'll keep his mouth shut for a price? Otherwise, they'd still be thrashing about on damp sheets touting their undying love and promising to leave the current wife.:lol:

Hilarious stuff.

You know the series of books for dummies. Someone needs to pen "Affairs For Dummies." There obviously needs to be some guidance here. Men keep getting things wrong. As we know, this is only half of the equation though. Women are . . . right there, beside, under, or on top of them. Somewhere closeby for sure. LOLOL:lol:

Politicians are the most humble, no doubt.

Tom
06-25-2009, 02:02 PM
Time to get tough on these guys......

eclecticapper
06-25-2009, 03:21 PM
Perhaps when Harlan Ellison wrote "Love Ain't Nothing But Sex Misspelled", he was referring to elected officials.

NJ Stinks
06-26-2009, 01:42 AM
Forgetting his wife and their non-relationship, the thing that got me is Sanford blew off Father's Day with his four boys.

What a guy.

chickenhead
06-26-2009, 02:13 AM
I miss Jimmy Traficant -- he had some style to his screw ups -- he knew how to put on a show. This current batch of pols is just sad.

bigmack
06-26-2009, 03:10 AM
I miss Jimmy Traficant -- he had some style to his screw ups -- he knew how to put on a show. This current batch of pols is just sad.
In life and travel I've found I put strong value in 'the characters'. They're all around us.

JimmyT was a rare mold. I miss that lug. :rolleyes:

http://vis-www.cs.umass.edu/lfw/images/James_Traficant/James_Traficant_0003.jpg

Tom
06-26-2009, 07:46 AM
What I found to be the most distasteful thing about all of this is all the news whores reading the private emails on air. It was not news, and it was not anyone's business. I sent complaints to Fox, and Cavuto in particular, letting them know that I thought they lowered themselves to the level of MSNBC.

They guy has a wife and kids who did not need to hear all that self-serving crap from the fake news outlets.

Grits
06-26-2009, 08:37 AM
Current news crawl . . . . this fine husband, stellar father, good politician, all around pearl of a guy has agreed to repay the state of South Carolina for a previously billed Economic Development trip he made to Argentina last year.

Its hard to believe this guy, honestly, it is. Its hard to realize someone is truly this stupid.

highnote
06-27-2009, 12:31 AM
Sanford must be singing -- Don't cry for me, South Carolina.

Steve 'StatMan'
06-27-2009, 01:32 AM
Sanford must be singing -- Don't cry for me, South Carolina.

"I broke my promise...I'll keep my distance...."

I was surprised to learn his Argentinian girlfriend is a brunette. I though Sanford would go for a red fox.

Secretariat
06-27-2009, 02:57 PM
As John Stewart said, "Sandord is just another conservative mind with a liberal penis."

rastajenk
06-27-2009, 03:01 PM
:lol: :lol:

That Stewart, he's such a card. He ougtta be on TV.

Tom
06-27-2009, 03:14 PM
Repubs do to women what dems to everyone.

Secretariat
06-27-2009, 10:30 PM
Repubs do to women what dems to everyone.

And if you're Larry Craig, you do it to men as well.

Tom
06-27-2009, 10:59 PM
Ah Sec, ever lower and lower.
Like your lies about Cheney, you have not one iota of proof to back that up.
But while I'm down here, two words for you, since youseem to getting a bit uppity here......BARNEY FRANK. :lol:

Steve 'StatMan'
06-27-2009, 10:59 PM
And if you're Larry Craig, you do it to men as well.

Ah! Larry Craig! A poor stud, who in his only known public performance had problems in his stall and was pulled up leaving the gate. :lol:

Robert Goren
06-28-2009, 12:46 PM
I thought Letterman said it best. Just another example of a foreigner taking a job that no american wanted!:lol: :lol: :lol: