PDA

View Full Version : Rachel or Zenyatta; will one have an undefeated season?

CBedo
06-24-2009, 07:06 PM
Do you think either of these will remain undefeated for the rest of the year? I'd say that Zenyatta has a better chance since she never leaves California, and Jackson seems more willing to give Rachel a tough challenge.

I'm going with neither! Every time we get a horse that wins a couple in a row, we start proclaiming them the greatest ever, only to be disappointed when they proves themselves not to be the next coming of Secretariat. I'm not saying they both aren't great....just not as great as we hope they will be.

FenceBored
06-24-2009, 07:22 PM
While anything is possible, a repeat of last year's undefeated performance for Zenyatta is likely, until the Breeders Cup. That will be her one challenge. (No, I didn't bet on Indian Blessing thankyouverymuch)

Rachel gets beat at least once. She's still developing, and they're taking more chances.

Gorgeous George
06-25-2009, 06:37 AM
Zenyatta will lose at the breeders cup, she hasnt had a tough challenge yet. Rachel is an exceptional filly and i can see her becoming a great.

FenceBored
11-13-2009, 11:35 AM
Let's bring this one out of the mothballs, now that their years are done.

Combining categories to focus on general impressions (which is why it totals more than 100%):

59.09% Zenyatta goes undeafeated
41.11% Rachel goes undefeated.
18.18% Neither goes undefeated.

CBedo
11-13-2009, 01:37 PM
I'm going with neither! Every time we get a horse that wins a couple in a row, we start proclaiming them the greatest ever, only to be disappointed when they proves themselves not to be the next coming of Secretariat. I'm not saying they both aren't great....just not as great as we hope they will be.Oops! Good call! haha :bang:

joanied
11-14-2009, 02:11 PM
I guess the next question now would be...will Rachel stay undefeated in 2010?

If everything goes well...her training, the races they pick, Calvin's rides, health...yes she will:jump:

CBedo
11-14-2009, 02:23 PM
I guess the next question now would be...will Rachel stay undefeated in 2010?

If everything goes well...her training, the races they pick, Calvin's rides, health...yes she will:jump:I love your optimisim. I've been meaning to say something, and now seems like a good time. Sometimes I get so sick of the negativity surrounding racing and many of the posts here on PA (including myself), but somehow, you usually represent what's good about racing, being a true fan. Thanks! :):):)

Robert Fischer
11-14-2009, 03:14 PM
Do you think either of these will remain undefeated for the rest of the year? I'd say that Zenyatta has a better chance since she never leaves California, and Jackson seems more willing to give Rachel a tough challenge.

EDIT - OH , OLD THREAD

joanied
11-14-2009, 04:52 PM
I love your optimisim. I've been meaning to say something, and now seems like a good time. Sometimes I get so sick of the negativity surrounding racing and many of the posts here on PA (including myself), but somehow, you usually represent what's good about racing, being a true fan. Thanks! :):):)

Thank you:blush: :)

I see Denver is getting a ton of snow...make sure you keep it down here...I am not ready for the white stuff yet:D