PDA

View Full Version : Rachel Alexandra

point given
06-24-2009, 06:21 PM
Won't run in this years BC per the DRF article-

" - Owner Jess Jackson said Wednesday he would love to race his Preakness-winning filly Rachel Alexandra against the boys again this year, but that she would not run in any race in this year's Breeders' Cup at Santa Anita, "

He intends to run her next year and then would run her in the BC on dirt.

Bruddah
06-24-2009, 06:42 PM
I applaud Mr Jackson's common sense. :ThmbUp:

uncbossfan
06-24-2009, 07:27 PM
I understand his point of view, but this sucks! Zenyatta will most likely only run on synthetics and Rachel will only run on dirt. It's not like we will see Zenyatta as a 5 yr old so the odds of these 2 hooking up just became slim to none. Another blow for Horse Racing...

point given
06-24-2009, 07:38 PM
I understand his point of view, but this sucks! Zenyatta will most likely only run on synthetics and Rachel will only run on dirt. It's not like we will see Zenyatta as a 5 yr old so the odds of these 2 hooking up just became slim to none. Another blow for Horse Racing...

They both ran at Oaklawn, so next Aprils racing festival of the south gives both a track surface they've won on. then a rematch in the BC at churchill.:ThmbUp: assuming they stay healthy

kenwoodallpromos
06-24-2009, 08:55 PM
Somebody please tell Jackson artificial track is rubber, is not "plastic", and the Belmont main track is not "plastic" either!!LOL!! :D
Also, I now hope MTB runs in a grade 1 turfer before Eclipse voting.

CincyHorseplayer
06-24-2009, 09:03 PM

It might be a blow to racing but it's racing's fault.We had 2 perfectly working surfaces and they had to add a 3rd.It's their own fault.The genius of negligence!

miesque
06-24-2009, 09:10 PM

Just a slight correction, Zenyatta is age 5 this year and hence will be age 6 next year, so we are seeing her race as a 5 year old.