PDA

View Full Version : Tough Year So Far

Tampa Russ
06-24-2009, 05:59 PM
Trnr: Clement Linda M (48 0-0-0 0%)

Has one scheduled to go in the 9th at Penn tonight. This might be some kind of a record?

jballscalls
06-24-2009, 06:47 PM

Has one scheduled to go in the 9th at Penn tonight. This might be some kind of a record?

Marty McGee did an article about a guy that used to train at River, Beulah and Kentucky named Naseem Rauf. He went like 0 for 257 during the nineties and early 2000's. it was like a 16 year streak, bred all his own horses too i think

domino1891
06-24-2009, 07:02 PM
Marty McGee did an article about a guy that used to train at River, Beulah and Kentucky named Naseem Rauf. He went like 0 for 257 during the nineties and early 2000's. it was like a 16 year streak, bred all his own horses too i think

I remember he had a Paragalo-esque incident a few years ago http://www.pet-abuse.com/cases/3888/KY/US/

Tampa Russ
06-24-2009, 07:51 PM

Yikes! I hope he at least had an ITM finish.

fmolf
06-24-2009, 08:05 PM
Yikes! I hope he at least had an ITM finish.
lol...i saw the piece about him it was just his hobby i believe he was a doctor or a vet or something along those lines...he was well liked and everyone pulled for him.

sandpit
06-25-2009, 12:17 AM
I don't think the guy ever hit the board in any race during the span...he had some horribly slow animals. He had a couple that Mike Battaglia made 99-1 in the morning line, only time I can remember seeing that, unless maybe Rick's Natural Star was in the BC Turf.

Rauf is also the only guy whose entry I saw refused because of the horse's lack of ability...it was some hapless maiden entered in a stake.

Tampa Russ
06-25-2009, 05:46 AM
49 0-0-0 after last night's attempt in the 9th at Penn. Actually a perfect trip if I do say so. Horse trailed at every call including the last.

I phoned the Grantville library and although they wouldn't name names, they did tell me that Rauf's book on training has been checked out for an extended period.

rokitman
06-25-2009, 09:30 AM
49 0-0-0 after last night's attempt in the 9th at Penn. Actually a perfect trip if I do say so. Horse trailed at every call including the last.
I phoned the Grantville library and although they wouldn't name names, they did tell me that Rauf's book on training has been checked out for an extended period.
:lol:

Doc
06-25-2009, 09:53 AM
I think any trainer can hit the schneid depending upon the quality of horses in his barn - if they're all rats, not much he can do. With others, their training ability definitely is called into question. I think that, especially at Philly, trainers can't have really cheap horses in their barns any more and expect to compete ... guys like Zito and Pletcher and McLaughlin are shipping down regularly from NY and grabbing the MSW and ALW pots on a regular basis.

Tampa Russ
06-25-2009, 01:34 PM
I think any trainer can hit the schneid depending upon the quality of horses in his barn - if they're all rats, not much he can do. With others, their training ability definitely is called into question. I think that, especially at Philly, trainers can't have really cheap horses in their barns any more and expect to compete ... guys like Zito and Pletcher and McLaughlin are shipping down regularly from NY and grabbing the MSW and ALW pots on a regular basis.

No doubt. And the horse last night ran just as expected. What I find amazing is why anyone would pay to keep a horse like that in training.o train it. Just give the horse away and save the expenses for a year, and buy another one. If you want a pet, get a dog or something.

bobbyt62
06-26-2009, 01:07 PM
wish i had seen the marty mcgee article about naseem rauf (links??). i believe he is the guy who started (name eludes me now) a maiden in the KD years ago. i've seen lots a of bad trainer records at circuits i follow, 0/48 types not as uncommon as you might think...she(clement) has been "decent" in the past.

jotb
06-27-2009, 05:26 AM

Since her last win (which came in late March 2008) she is 0-151.

Joe

Tampa Russ
06-27-2009, 12:56 PM
Any in the money finishes during that run?

Since her last win (which came in late March 2008) she is 0-151.

Joe

jotb
06-27-2009, 01:21 PM
Yes...5 Place and 5 Show