PDA

View Full Version : Any HANA members going to be at HOL Saturday?

CBedo
06-24-2009, 04:50 AM
Anyone going out to Hol to see Zenyatta on Saturday? Through Theresia, I've made a contact at Hol who told me she would make us turf club reservations on Saturday if other HANA members were out for the day.

I'd love to meet some of you and put a face with the (screen) name! Let me know before Thursday if you are interested.

miesque
06-24-2009, 10:49 AM
Have a wonderful time at Hollywood Park this weekend. I am sorry I am missing you by two weeks. I am happy you are getting the opportunity to see Zenyatta in the flesh, she is the one horse in the United States that is racing right now that I think everyone should see at least once.

By the way, as far as food up in the Turc Club, I recommend my "standard" fare at Turf Club, the Crab Louie Salad with a bottle of Veuve Clicqout Champagne (you could also go with the Chandon Blanc de Noirs if its been a bad few days at the windows :D )

CBedo
06-24-2009, 12:46 PM
Have a wonderful time at Hollywood Park this weekend. I am sorry I am missing you by two weeks. I am happy you are getting the opportunity to see Zenyatta in the flesh, she is the one horse in the United States that is racing right now that I think everyone should see at least once.

By the way, as far as food up in the Turc Club, I recommend my "standard" fare at Turf Club, the Crab Louie Salad with a bottle of Veuve Clicqout Champagne (you could also go with the Chandon Blanc de Noirs if its been a bad few days at the windows :D )Someone who knows their bubbbly stuff! Hard to beat the good ol' orange label Veuve for the price!

miesque
06-24-2009, 01:36 PM
Someone who knows their bubbbly stuff! Hard to beat the good ol' orange label Veuve for the price!

Damn straight!

Actually someone just a short while ago asked if I had any suggestions for the Turf Club at Colonial Downs (since I had a table up there on Saturday for the Colonial Turf Cup) and I commented, "The wine list could really use some work." :D

DeanT
06-24-2009, 01:46 PM
I drink a few chugs of Wild Turkey in the parking lot, grab a hot dog, drip mustard on my shirt and then play the races.

Can I come? :)

miesque
06-24-2009, 01:55 PM
I drink a few chugs of Wild Turkey in the parking lot, grab a hot dog, drip mustard on my shirt and then play the races.

Can I come? :)

:D Sure, we are after and an inclusive group of diverging tastes and opinions. :)

Just don't be offended if I don't participate in your "pre-game" rituals. ;)