PDA

View Full Version : horizontal or vertical?

fmolf
06-23-2009, 05:09 PM
what type wager do you play the most exactas,trifectas and superfectas or
doubles, pick 3's, pick 4's and pick 6's?.....And why?

Whodoyalike?
06-23-2009, 08:44 PM
I like to play pick 3s. The problem with tris and supers is that any horse can run second or third and mess up the ticket.
My stragety is to play 3 pick three tickets:

1/4,5,6/7,8,9
1,2,3/4/7,8,9
1,2,3/4,5,6/7

With this method, I'm keying one horse each race. For a $1 pick three ticket, this betting method would cost $27. If a longshot comes in, then the payouts can be huge. If the chalk all come in , you would have the ticket 2 1/2 times.

The only way I play trifectas is wheeling a horse. Some tracks let you do a .50 cent key, so on a large field, the wager would be around $50. It only benefits if the horse you are keying is at least 10-1.

Hope that helps.

CincyHorseplayer
06-23-2009, 08:59 PM
I like my bets vertical and my women horizontal:D

Sorry I couldnt resist!

michiken
06-23-2009, 09:08 PM
Due to unemployment and what not, my play has become diagonal.

For some reason, I don't find summer racing with its heavy dose of 5 to 9 winners appealing.

fmolf
06-23-2009, 10:40 PM
Due to unemployment and what not, my play has become diagonal.

For some reason, I don't find summer racing with its heavy dose of 5 to 9 winners appealing.
i play only to win and then supplement my base wagerswith some overlaid exacta combos...do not mess with tri's or supers although i have begun to test a tri and super method on paper with a mythical bankroll.just to see how i would do.

Greyfox
06-24-2009, 12:51 AM
what type wager do you play the most exactas,trifectas and superfectas or
doubles, pick 3's, pick 4's and pick 6's?.....And why?

Pick 3's. But only if at least 1 is a vulnerable or even better, a false favorite.

"Pick your spots" With the emphasis on Pick.

BombsAway Bob
06-24-2009, 02:11 PM
Pick-4's : Anywhere with .50 minimums, NYRA, So.Cal.,& LOS AL
Pick-3's : California & Suffolk(hometrack)
DimeSupers: Anywhere w/fields of 8 or more
Tris: Anywhere but Philly
Exactas, DD's: Keeneland, Mountaineer, & California
Pick-6's : Pass

fmolf
06-24-2009, 02:34 PM
Pick-4's : Anywhere with .50 minimums, NYRA, So.Cal.,& LOS AL
Pick-3's : California & Suffolk(hometrack)
DimeSupers: Anywhere w/fields of 8 or more
Tris: Anywhere but Philly
Exactas, DD's: Keeneland, Mountaineer, & California
Pick-6's : Pass
bob i played in an over 35 hockey tournament hosted by the fitchburg oldtimers...i was the goalie for the old pucks...had a great time...this was circa 1985 or so......i am experimenting with horizontal wagers as well...only on paper though....any do's and don'ts you care to share?

BombsAway Bob
06-24-2009, 03:29 PM
bob i played in an over 35 hockey tournament hosted by the fitchburg oldtimers...i was the goalie for the old pucks...had a great time...this was circa 1985 or so......i am experimenting with horizontal wagers as well...only on paper though....any do's and don'ts you care to share?
You were playing at The George R.Wallace Civic Center..since given by the city of Fitchburg to Fitchburg State College...Slattery's was the bar most of the old timers visited after the games..
My only Do's/Don'ts for Tri/supers:
DON'T: Use the fave or second fave as your key horse in top two spots.
I'd bet 80% of all wheel bets use those top two, wiping most value.
DO: Learn to love the One-Paced-Horse.. they are the most reliable not to get caught up in a fast/slow pace, just plugging along for third or fourth at double-digit odds. Finding & Part-wheeling around such animals can be very rewarding..but remember..long cold spells will occur playing this way.
HAVE FUN & GOOD LUCK!

fmolf
06-24-2009, 07:55 PM
You were playing at The George R.Wallace Civic Center..since given by the city of Fitchburg to Fitchburg State College...Slattery's was the bar most of the old timers visited after the games..
My only Do's/Don'ts for Tri/supers:
DON'T: Use the fave or second fave as your key horse in top two spots.
I'd bet 80% of all wheel bets use those top two, wiping most value.
DO: Learn to love the One-Paced-Horse.. they are the most reliable not to get caught up in a fast/slow pace, just plugging along for third or fourth at double-digit odds. Finding & Part-wheeling around such animals can be very rewarding..but remember..long cold spells will occur playing this way.
HAVE FUN & GOOD LUCK!
yes i believe that was the bar where all the hockey teams went!i remember it as a nice pleasant friendly place to enjoy a weekend playing hockey.how is suffolk treating you?i am going to try using your strategies involving the one paced horses....with a spattering of the other styles sprinkled in... :D...thanks for the friendly advice.