PDA

View Full Version : Vanity Handicap ZENYATTA; then American Oaks

WinterTriangle
06-21-2009, 10:55 PM
She's been assigned high weight. 129 pounds. Not the highest in history. I don't see much competition, other than Life Is Sweet?

Then, the weekend after, American Oaks, gotta see Mrs. Kipling battle it out with Gozzip Girl and Well Monied. Mrs. Kipling was scratched out of that last stakes race.

Zenyatta To Crush
06-22-2009, 12:07 AM
Didn't they say Life Is Sweet is running against the boys in the Hollywood Gold Cup in her next start, or did they change their mind? It should've totally been Zenyatta running in the Gold Cup, not Life Is Sweet, but whatever I guess. At least she's not retired yet.

WinterTriangle
06-22-2009, 12:50 AM
ZTC, i could be wrong.

His statement was in June, around the 18th or 20th, when he said "strongly considering Life is Sweet to take on the boys."
That didn't sound definite, but I can't find any updates.

miesque
06-22-2009, 08:57 AM
Here is a link of the commercial for Zenyatta's upcoming race in the Vanity

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fpyuwLIClzM

joanied
06-23-2009, 05:10 PM
I hope the 129 isn't going to be too much...I doubt it:) If they start getting concerned about her weight assignments...maybe then they'll decide to run against the colts so she'll get an allowance...IMO, she really should be running in the Gold Cup...I don't understand what they are doing with the big Z...I understand wanting her to retire undefeated, but she needs to face the colts and also travle outside of CA...hell, she could be a Horse of the Year is she beats the colts...anyway...I cannot wait until Saturday...Z & Rachel...what could be better:jump: :jump: :jump:
meisque, thanks for posting her TV ad...very cool. I wonder if there is a TV ad going for RA's Mother Goose?