PDA

View Full Version : Happy Fathers Day...

DJofSD
06-21-2009, 11:48 AM
...to all those forum members that are dads.

Keep up the good work!

CryingForTheHorses
06-21-2009, 08:18 PM
Im not a dad to kids but have 12 horses 10 cats 8 of them that meet us at our barn feedroom door at 4am to get fed along with the horses.Guess that make me somewhat of a dad..HFD to you also..

jballscalls
06-21-2009, 08:31 PM
Happy Father's Day to all the dads on PA!

My one wish is that my dad were still here, i'd love to go to Emerald Downs with him, play the ponies, and listen to his bad beat stories just one last time.

Miss you dad, Happy Fathers Day!

098poi
06-21-2009, 08:51 PM
My father passed away a week ago Thursday.

Happy Father's Day Dad

Love you and miss you!

Tom
06-21-2009, 09:50 PM
My condolences, 098......rotten time to happen.

BillW
06-21-2009, 10:04 PM
Same here 98. My thoughts are with you and your family. I lost my father on derby day 2003. Happy Fathers Day Dad.

menifee
06-22-2009, 02:39 AM
There is no sport like horse racing to create a bond between father and child. Baseball is very close, but I think horseracing is better.

I spent many a summer with my father at Saratoga handicapping each race. The 30 minutes between each race gave us plenty of time to handicap and talk. We'd race home after we bet the last to watch Harvey Pack's daily show. We'd lament our losers and complain about how we should have had more on our winning tickets. After we saw the payouts on some big superfecta or Pick 6 - my father would always say to me that just once in his life he would like to have a payout like that. I would always tell him someday Pop, but the reality is my father never played superfecta's or pick 6's once in his life. He played horses to win and daily doubles. He was old school.

The greatest memory I have is my father getting dq'd out of a big daily double. He was jumping and screaming like a madman at the stewards. It was totally out of character. I started laughing hysterically.

He passed away way too young a few years ago. Saratoga seems empty without him, but it will always be my favorite place in the world.

louisianawoman
06-22-2009, 02:44 AM
My dad came to the track with me today. Perfect Father's Day!