PDA

View Full Version : Big Drama

Zenyatta To Crush
06-21-2009, 03:04 AM
Just wanted to give Big Drama some credit today. Didn't see any articles on his race at Charlestown yet, but he ran another monster race. Sure, he didn't beat much, but this is one heck of a horse. He just keeps giving his all every race. I love horses like that. I'm not even sure what his best distance is yet, but my gut says anywhere between 6 furlongs and 1-1/16 miles. His talent will probably get him farther than that though. Interesting to see how he does down the road.

DanG
06-21-2009, 08:41 AM
Just wanted to give Big Drama some credit today. Didn't see any articles on his race at Charlestown yet, but he ran another monster race. Sure, he didn't beat much, but this is one heck of a horse. He just keeps giving his all every race.
Absolutely Zen; very nice miler +.

As you said; not a stellar field but interesting that the last two horses that tried Rachel on the front end (and were dominated) sure handled their next assignments OK. 250k at CT and the GR1 Acorn at Bel for the overachieving / ½ pint Gabby’s Golden Gal.

classhandicapper
06-21-2009, 06:20 PM
interesting that the last two horses that tried Rachel on the front end (and were dominated) sure handled their next assignments OK. 250k at CT and the GR1 Acorn at Bel for the overachieving / ½ pint Gabby’s Golden Gal.

Yes. She clearly had burnt out both of them and made them look worse than they were in those respective races.

strapper
06-21-2009, 06:57 PM
If they pick their spots - and I think they will - Big Drama should amass quite a nice record. He may have distance limitations but not his fault, just the bloodlines he was given at birth. This horse has plenty of options, though. I could see him winning the BC Sprint perhaps.

Just wanted to give Big Drama some credit today. Didn't see any articles on his race at Charlestown yet, but he ran another monster race. Sure, he didn't beat much, but this is one heck of a horse. He just keeps giving his all every race. I love horses like that. I'm not even sure what his best distance is yet, but my gut says anywhere between 6 furlongs and 1-1/16 miles. His talent will probably get him farther than that though. Interesting to see how he does down the road.

WinterTriangle
06-21-2009, 11:13 PM
Big Drama doesn't get enough press AFAIC. Wasn't he 6 for 6 before the Swale? Then he runs a blistering race in that and gets disqualified. Something else I like about him....he can run in the HEAT.

I dunno about "distance limitations". I don't get that expression, never have, except when talking about "a" specific race?

If a horse is run in races that are their best distance rating, then they wouldn't be seen as having limitations. A good trainer will find the right races for a horse.

Maybe someone can explain that expression, which is over-used in the horse racing sport. We wouldn't take an Olympic runner who excels at 5,000 meters, enter them in 10,000 meters, then say they have distance limitations! Each event requires a completely different combination of speed, strength, stamina and aerobic conditioning.