cmoore
06-20-2009, 04:47 PM
Nice One 098poi!!!!!:jump::jump:

098poi
06-20-2009, 05:06 PM
Thanks!

kenwoodallpromos
06-20-2009, 07:26 PM
I take it you were only betting longshots? Anyway you slice it, it is great news for you! Congrats! Any hints as to what you saw that you liked?

098poi
06-20-2009, 09:18 PM
I wasn't only betting lonshots but I was just willing to throw five bucks and not be scared off by the price. I am always trying new things and today I was focusing on horses who had raced most recently and had something else going like a class drop or high projected speed rating. (from HSH software) If I hadn't hit that I would have failed miserably. (My Belmont picks in selections was awful, I think I hit one horse) But that hit will keep me afloat for a while.:ThmbUp:

kenwoodallpromos
06-21-2009, 05:11 AM
I wasn't only betting lonshots but I was just willing to throw five bucks and not be scared off by the price. I am always trying new things and today I was focusing on horses who had raced most recently and had something else going like a class drop or high projected speed rating. (from HSH software) If I hadn't hit that I would have failed miserably. (My Belmont picks in selections was awful, I think I hit one horse) But that hit will keep me afloat for a while.:ThmbUp:
I like horses who have not skipped works or races recently, or are not too chalky, like 3-5 or lower. Always nice to have "something else going", and for me not too extreme, just enough like 1 drop or early speed, so we know the trainer isn't just hoping, but sees an opportunity for a bad luck or right-trip-needed horse, even a very longshot!!