PDA

View Full Version : OFF THE TURF

rjorio
06-20-2009, 03:53 PM
The NY Stakes ,9th race feature at BELMONT,is now off the turf. What a drag. I was looking for a peek effort and possible upset by Colina Verde . When Team Valor purchased this horse,Barry Irwin touted this mare as their most exciting purchase since Ipi Tombe.Next time expect her best at a price.

Onion Monster
06-20-2009, 04:10 PM
Other than Belmont day, which was a great card, this has been a crappy meet. The weather has sucked. They can't change that, but the track has played like the Aqueduct inner track for a month now. A bias is great, but when it's an obvious one like inside speed, it's hard to beat the crowd.

Throw in a bogus DQ in the 7th today (Api Mokhat was probably the best) but I just thought it was bad racing luck not a DQ. If that happens in a turf sprint, nobody gives it a second look.

aaron
06-20-2009, 04:30 PM
I got put up,but I agree with you the DQ was bogus. I left the room and was shocked when I saw, I was put up. One day they'll hire competent stewards.

Onion Monster
06-20-2009, 04:41 PM
Contessa and Chavez should give Durkin a cut of the winnings. He may have helped sell the DQ with his stretch call.

louisianawoman
06-20-2009, 08:03 PM
Other than Belmont day, which was a great card, this has been a crappy meet. The weather has sucked. They can't change that, but the track has played like the Aqueduct inner track for a month now. A bias is great, but when it's an obvious one like inside speed, it's hard to beat the crowd.

Throw in a bogus DQ in the 7th today (Api Mokhat was probably the best) but I just thought it was bad racing luck not a DQ. If that happens in a turf sprint, nobody gives it a second look.

The weather has been horrible. Messed me up.