PDA

View Full Version : Woodbine spill.

Skanoochies
06-18-2009, 12:16 PM
Saw a spill at Wood. yest. and it didn`t look good for S. Husbands and C. Beckon. Would anyone have any updates of their condition? :confused:

46zilzal
06-18-2009, 12:19 PM
TORONTO, June 18 – Jockeys Chad Beckon and Simon Husbands are recovering after a spill in Wednesday evening’s third race at Woodbine.

Both riders were thrown from their respective mounts after the accident, after Oliver’s Strike fell in the far turn of the one mile and seventy yard race.

Husbands, aboard Kensington Oval, also fell.

“Simon went home from the hospital last night and is a little banged up,” said Robert King, Secretary/Manager, of the Jockeys' Benefit Association of Canada. "All of our thoughts are with Chad (who has fractured vertabrae, a broken nose and cheek) and Simon and their families."

"He woke up on his own and he knows Cory (Beckon's wife) is with him," said Beckon's agent, Tony Esposito. "He has full mobility of his arms and legs. He's holding her hand and squeezing it. We're optimistic. Every bit of good news is great to hear."

Rocklane
06-18-2009, 12:26 PM
Beckon has a broken vertabrae, nose. and cheek. He has mobility in all limbs. Husbands is banged up and rcovering at home. Woodbine website is the source. Go to T-bred and then to news.

Rocklane
06-18-2009, 12:38 PM
Sorry for the duplicate. 46's post wasn't up yet.

Greyfox
06-18-2009, 12:43 PM
I saw the replay of the spill. It's lucky that the one the horse went over top of isn't dead. In fact, both could have easily been killed here. It was a bad one.

Skanoochies
06-18-2009, 12:46 PM
Thanks folks. Wow what a dangerous business,next time I get p*ssed cause I think a guy was too chicken to go thru a hole, I think I`ll just keep my mouth shut. :mad:

46zilzal
06-18-2009, 12:46 PM
Sorry for the duplicate. 46's post wasn't up yet.
better twice than not at all