PDA

View Full Version : Speed Advantage

sligg
06-17-2009, 11:29 PM
What is the definition of a double speed advantage and a triple speed advantage?

Greyfox
06-17-2009, 11:48 PM
Guessing here. A double speed advantage is a runner that has shown two speed figures higher than any in the field. eg. Two higher Beyers.

sligg
06-18-2009, 01:27 AM
Is this for the last two races for double and last three races for triple or all the listed races of the competitors.

BIG HIT
06-18-2009, 08:16 AM
The last 2 or 3 race

rgustafson
06-18-2009, 11:22 AM
My understanding of the double advantage horse was it was fastest in both early and late pace figures.

ryesteve
06-18-2009, 11:33 AM
My understanding of the double advantage horse was it was fastest in both early and late pace figures.The first time I ever saw the phrase was back in Beyer's first book, so it wasn't referring to pace figures.

fmolf
06-18-2009, 12:38 PM
The first time I ever saw the phrase was back in Beyer's first book, so it wasn't referring to pace figures.correct a double figure horse has its last two speed figures better than any other horses by at least three points to be significant... he uses only last two races to determine this...last three for a triple fig
so each of a horses last two figures must be 3 points higher than both of the last two for each of the other horses

Greyfox
06-18-2009, 12:58 PM
correct a double figure horse has its last two speed figures better than any other horses by at least three points to be significant... he uses only last two races to determine this...last three for a triple fig
so each of a horses last two figures must be 3 points higher than both of the last two for each of the other horses

Bingo. :ThmbUp: :ThmbUp: I knew my guess above was warm, but my memory knew there was more to it than just two highest Beyers.

rgustafson
06-18-2009, 02:17 PM
The first time I ever saw the phrase was back in Beyer's first book, so it wasn't referring to pace figures.

My mistake. I was thinking od what Dick Mitchell termed a "double advantage" horse.

fmolf
06-18-2009, 04:33 PM
My mistake. I was thinking od what Dick Mitchell termed a "double advantage" horse.
i thoroughly enjoyed both of Mitchell's books "Common Sense Handicapping" and the follow up "Common Sense Betting" both were easy to read and informative and would recommend both to even seasoned handicappers.. the only part i got bored with was some of the math in his betting book